“What you'd hope for and expect from a Sheraton”

Sheraton Riyadh Hotel & Towers
Ranked #18 of 224 Hotels in Riyadh
Reviewed March 23, 2014

20 minutes from the airport, of a good size, 6 floors. Floor 1 has just been renovated and as such the room, decor, bed and bathroom greatly aided my visit (no shower curtain is always a plus).

I stayed on the Club Floor (1) with use of the Lounge where breakfast and evening snacks are served, it also works well for small informal meetings with clients. The Gym is as one might expect with all mod cons, I dodn't use the pool but it looked nice.

No Beer ;-(

Good value for money, clean tidy and extremely friendly and helpful staff.....

Free Wifi in all rooms.

Room Tip: Room 109 was excellent.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Riyadh Hotel & Towers

Reviewed March 6, 2014

This hotel is a little tired but has good service and comfy beds.
It has an ok gym. The stepper machines are more like the ones you'd buy for home use, I would expect better in a public gym and the the dumbbell selection is limited at the lower end 5, 7, 10, 12 Kg - you're often having to wait for someone else to finish using them. Has good steam and sauna rooms.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Was staying there for a week and found every single member of staff I spoke to was courteous and helpful. Hotel is undergoing major works at the moment though and only 1 lift is available for nearly 2 months

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
GMSRH, General Manager at Sheraton Riyadh Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2014

Dear Fox2319,

Thank you for your review following your stay.

I just wanted to update you that the first new elevator is now in operation and the 2nd one is now in refurbishment phase. I expect the 2nd one to be much faster than the first one so please expect everything to be complete before the end of June. I have received very similar, frustrated feedback from our guests about the elevators in particular so I hope that will improve very soon.

Our lobby renovation is now concluded and I have received very positive feedback. What do you think?

Many thanks

Reviewed January 18, 2014

I stayed here while on business in Riyadh. Rooms are very comfortable and well maintained. Service was excellent as well. Location, I felt could be better but still walking distance to a couple of malls and restaurants. Very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ricky R

Dear Ricky R,

Thank you so much for your review following your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Excellent business hotel especially for female travelers. There's an excellent and well equipped women's gym that you can get a key for from the reception. Renovated rooms are comfortable, spacious and clean, good wifi and great staff.
Breakfast was very good and the little italian restaurant in the hotel was surprisingly decent. I was very happy with the stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank bezoona
sheratonriyadh, General Manager at Sheraton Riyadh Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Dear Bezoona,

Thank you very much for your very kind review.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed December 28, 2013

The walk through the room is smelly by the kitchen exhaust it's terrible to wake up in the morning and smell the kitchen cooking in front of your room
No free internet and if you ask for it it's way to expensive
Lobby coffee is not great and the nuts plate wasn't good

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Akanbar,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay. I am disappointed to read of your experience.

Perhaps you could let me know which room you were in so I can investigate the issue with kitchen smell as this is not a common complaint at all. The internet wifi facility is free for the first four hours so I do not understand why you mention that it is not. I have advised the F&B team that about your coffee experience as we do not have complaints about that aspect of the operation.

Thank you for your input and I hope we can welcome you back again some day.

Warm regards

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I am now staying at the Sheraton hotel Riyadh. I am with my family to attend a family wedding. We booked two connecting rooms on the club level but was told that this is not available , so we accepted regular connected rooms. Reception Staff were rigid with artificial attitude. Try to give you the minimum if they can do. Housekeeping was one of the worst I have encounters. As I had the family with kids who have their needs, house keeping kept forgetting to refill the water bottles, one bar of soap for the last three days. The knock on your door repeatedly if you pass 3 pm without allowing them to clean the room, or ignore you after that till you call them. We had a bad experience with one,.after we left the room my wife wanted to go back to bring a jack for one of the daughter, but the key did not open, so we asked the housekeeper to allow us in to get the coat and he refused, although all of us has just left the room and he saw us. Grim faces all over, no courtesy, no greeting.the bellman refused to get me my car keys because I forgot the card with his colleague while the family were with me in windy afternoon. I had to make a complaint to the management before they gave me the keys. In the club lounge they refused to join two tables for us, we are 5 and the tables are small. I had to talk to his boss. Cold faces. This hotel has a big staff attitude problem. Rooms are very good. I think Sheraton company had to reevaluate the management capability in this hotel.

Room Tip: See the room before you accept it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family