“Old Favourite”

Ranked #20 of 219 Hotels in Riyadh
London, United Kingdom
“Old Favourite”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I used to visit the Sheraton with my father as a child, and I recently returned after a 15 year absence. I think the Sheraton is a decent choice for anyone visiting Riyadh. The hotel has an excellent central location, and the staff are all extremely courteous and professional. The rooms are comfortable. At the moment there is a stark difference between the old rooms and the renovated floors, with the latters much more comfortable and better equipped. The Sheraton also has a useful gym and a great games room (snooker/pool/ping pong). What's not so great about the Sheraton is a) the older rooms, b) the 1980s covered outdoor pool (you can't ever feel the sun on your skin). All the amenities that you would find in a new 5* hotel won't be in the Sheraton, but hey, that much is to be expected given the hotel's age. Taking the Sheraton as a whole, it -- to my mind -- is more attractive than its competitors, despite being less comfortable that the Four Seasons (which is too flashy for me) or the Ritz (which is far, far away from the delights of Riyadh's city centre).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
sheratonriyadh, General Manager at Sheraton Riyadh Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear R0llingst0ne2011,

Thank you for your very fair and honest assessment of the hotel following your recent stay. We are delighted to welcome you back after all this time and hope there will be many more.

The rooms project is moving well and we are currently working on the 3rd of our 6 Floors. The reaction, as was yours, has been very positive for all of our Towers guests.

We look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Paul Dunphy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

With the price offered, I thought the rooms are luxurious. The rooms are really old.

The toilet setup is so strange and not comfortable.

The TV is so small with limited channels.

The location is fair and in middle of city.

The food is good.

The room service is really excellent. They are fast and deliver upon your request.

• Stayed March 2013
sheratonriyadh, General Manager at Sheraton Riyadh Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Buomar98,

Thank you for your balanced review following your recent stay.

As you probably noticed whilst you were here, we are currently renovating the hotel. We have completed 2 of our 6 floors and we have started the 3rd floor this week. We are also planning a full make - over of our villas, Lobby, Guest lifts and Restaurants. I would agree that the older rooms are in need to a renovation so perhaps you would contact me upon your next reservation and we will see whether an upgrade is possible.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Visited this hotel for one night only as I was in the area on business. I did not chose this hotel the organisation I was doing business with booked it.
Very pleasant staff, lovely and clean. Room good size with excellent work station. Bed was extremely soft and comfortable. I was informed at check in that floors 5 & 6 were being renovated and they were trying to keep the noise to a minimum. I heard nothing. Me and my Saudi business associates took a buffet lunch in the restaurant and this was of a good standard.

• Stayed March 2013
sheratonriyadh, General Manager at Sheraton Riyadh Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear JLS1976,

Thank you very much for your very kind feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Villas are very old, bad and worn out furtanure, bath amenities needs to be ordered one by one, otherwise not everything is placed in bathroom. Bed is uncomfortable. You hear street noise.
Bad from many aspects.

2 Thank Ahmed A
sheratonriyadh, General Manager at Sheraton Riyadh Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Ahmad A,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay.

I am very disappointed to read of your experience and I sincerely apologise for that. The hotel is undergoing a soft renovation since November 2012 and we have planned for the villas to be completed over the summer period in 2013. The villas will see a major transformation as we look to completely renovate including a new kitchen, all new furniture and beds and change in interior design.

Thank you for your thoughts, I really appreciate it.

Mayfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Well situated with large rooms that are a bit characterless but under going refresh. Food is ok and service is very willing. Trying hard to improve - turkish evening was notable for this. Breakfast on 3rd floor is efficient and friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Philip153,

Thank you so much for your comments.

The hotel is undergoing a soft renovation in all of the rooms, the public spaces and the villas during 2013. Two floors have already been recieved back and we will start the 4th floor on the 20th March. In the future, I hope you will get a chance to stay in the new rooms as the interior design is being very warmly received by our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kuwait
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Non smoking room reeked of smoke. Breakfast is disappointing. It was safer to go purely continental. Most business people stay there but the towels are minute and not suitable for adults. The room is not sound proof and you can hear everything in the passage with room service for other rooms being delivered. Sleep is disrupted.

• Stayed February 2013
sheratonriyadh, General Manager at Sheraton Riyadh Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear Russell B,

Thank you very much for your feedback following your recent stay.

Although very disappointing, I am sure we can rectify those issues you mention for future stays. Perhaps you would contact me directly upon your next reservation and I am sure you experience will be a very positive one.

Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I am a frequent visitor to Riyadh city. I normal be there at least 5-8 nights a month staying in one of Riyadh brand hotels. This time I decided to stay at Riyadh Sheraton for a change. Sheraton is located in a very strategic location in Riyadh in the crossing of King Fahd and King Abdulla. It is ideally located to reach the city fast as well as avoids most of the traffic congestion if you are off to the airport. Also and just behind it you will enjoy the famous high fashion street of Olyaia where the two best towers of Al Mumlaka and Fisalia are located. The rooms is clean and very nice . The beds is comfortable. TV and the rest of amenities are adequate. But that in consideration however I was disappointed for these reasons:
1- Parking is not provided inside the hotel premises. Yes it is available in a nearby (outside) site. To me this is a negative.
2- Internet is for charge in the room for almost $25 a day.
3- Breakfast is (very) limited ,,,, I am surprised really !!
4- In the lounge , that is outside your room , a free internet pass can be obtained for a 30 minutes only.
5- I find no coffee / tea making (water heater) inside the room ,,,, another surprised.
The above observations are enough to not to go there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Khalifa_161
Dear Khalifa_161,

Thank you very much for your feedback following your recent stay. Firstly, allow me to apologise for the issues that you had during your visit but also to thank you for your very positive feedback which I have conveyed to my team.

I understand all of the points that you have raised. There is an explanation for each one so I would really appreciate it if you would contact me directly so I can discuss with you directly.

Thank you again for your business and I hope we can welcome you back very soon

paul.dunphy@sheraton.com