“Very impressed”

InterContinental Riyadh
Ranked #32 of 231 Hotels in Riyadh
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I am currently staying at this hotel and am very impressed already with the level of service. By far the best I have experienced in Saudi Arabia so far.

I have a Club Room, which is very well appointed, lots of nice touches.

Whilst the hotel is somewhat older, it is very well maintained and looks like it has just undergone a renovation.

I can definitely recommend this hotel when staying in Riyadh.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Tariq D, General Manager at InterContinental Riyadh, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Dear Mr. Siegner,

Thank you for your review of the facilities and services of the InterContinental Riyadh during your recent stay with us.

I am very pleased to note of your excellent review and I feel proud of the various departments and colleagues who made your stay comfortable. We wish to assure you that we will continue to live and deliver the InterContinental Experience.

Kind regards.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I've spent the last six days at the property and I have nothing but positive comments about my experience. The staff is exceedingly friendly and makes you feel right at home even though you may be 15,000 from our home. The food is outstanding and the rooms are large, well appointed and very clean. Wireless Internet is very fast and the beds are ultra comfortable. I would recommend without hesitation to stay at this property. It is certain that I will be back. Thank you hotel and staff for enhancing my trip.

Room Tip: Wireless is better on the second and third floors.

Dear Mr. SedTut,

Thank you for your recent review of the InterContinental Riyadh.

I am particularly elated by your nice comments especially on your personal experience about the attitude of our staff.

My gratitude too for your good comments on our rooms and other services.

We hope to welcome you again to your second home, the InterContinental Riyadh.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed two nights on a short business visit to Riyadh. Very pleasant stay, very good food, responsive staff, and lovely surroundings. As a woman, as previous writers have noted, limited to no use of facilities--e.g. Cannot use fitness center, swimming pool, etc. and abaya (though not head covering) required in public areas of the hotel per Saudi custom. Unlike other locations, dining is communal and buffet, while pricey, is of high quality. What previous writers have not noted is that if you are a woman, the staff will provide you upon request with room-based exercise equipment (exercise bike) for your use as available. This was very much appreciated by me along with the friendly staff, and I think they have done a really nice job of making Western visitors, especially women, feel comfortable as possible.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Tariq D, General Manager at InterContinental Riyadh, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Guest Nred,

I am very pleased to note of your excellent review and I feel proud of the various departments and colleagues who made your stay comfortable and memorable. We wish to assure you that we will continue to live and deliver the InterContinental Experience.

We look forward to welcoming you again to the InterContinental Riyadh!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Being picked up at the airport by hotel driver in a very unprofessional way. Hotel Lobby looks very posh, restaurants as well but then the guest rooms are the complete opposite! Very outdated and need urgent attention. Overall, value for money is not appropriate! There are much better hotels in Riyadh!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Tariq D, General Manager at InterContinental Riyadh, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Dear Guest TG0871,

Thank you for giving us your review on your recent stay at InterContinental Riyadh.

I have seriously taken notes of your comments and please accept my sincerest apology. On your next visit, I would like to make amends of the inconveniences that have caused you. Kindly send your complete name, your e-mail address including your period of stay to my Front Office Manager, Mr. Fahad Al Onaizi, with e-mail address: fahad.alonaizi@ihg.com.

On receipt of your e-mail address, we will immediately respond to you with the objective of addressing all your issues.

With this note, I trust for your understanding as we look forward to have the opportunity of welcoming you again at the InterContinental Riyadh.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

This remains my favorite hotel in Riyadh. Currently it is ranked #11 on TA for Riyadh and that doesn't do it justice. It is definitely in the top 5 for Riyadh.
Free wifi, no hassles no stupid passwords to enter, just connect and go. I really appreciate that and this is free wifi is very rare in the region.
The hotel is inside a gated compound with tennis courts, golf course and an excellent fitness center. The hotel is connected to an excellent meeting facility and conference center.
The bedrooms consist of work area connected to bed area with the toilet in the middle. The bathroom was disappointing a bit in this particular room as it was very small and crowded with a tub and weak shower. However there was still room to put your stuff on the shelves.
Breakfast is is good but definitely not worth SR 160, egg station, some baked goods, cheeses but definitely not a lavish spread like at Dubai Intercontinental.
Was given the Club lounge access. It is an oasis but usually empty (except breakfast). However the snacks choices are very limited at best. They don't keep the drinks and juices outside, you have to "ask" the servers every time. That's just a pain, you just want to get up and serve yourself. The choice of foods and snacks should be far more than the meagre few they have.

Dear Guest JeddaCath,

Thank you for staying with us at InterContinental Riyadh and giving us your review. We have noted your comments and really grateful to your positive comments and high rating.

We wish to inform you that we will continue to improve and to to live up to that InterContinental experience.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again to the InterContinental Riyadh.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Though a nice initial interaction and experience upon arrival, the experience soon wore out as it was a constant nagging almost daily on service and quality. Having to always call down and ask for things that should have been stocked or fixed in the room, the room provided was odd in shape and placed the tv in the hallway between front and back areas and made inconvenient to watch. Repairs took days and made me wonder if anyone in the staff actually experiences their hotel from a guest perspective. I left with the sense that I should feel fortunate to have been allowed to be there. Will they change? Time will tell as to the behavior and impact more than words, since everything is ok in their eyes. I would remain sceptic all on this one.

• Stayed: February 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Riyadh, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear papat,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Riyadh and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

I want to extend my personal apology, and to thank you for helping us improve our hotel and services. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Without your guest feedback we cannot continue to improve our services. We look forward to your return.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I'm glad I don't have to keep a golf course green in the middle of a desert, but it's lovely to see. I felt safe and comfortable in the large complex - in December there weren't a lot of guests (or else they were well scattered) but it didn't feel empty either. My room was, I believe, a junior suite and it was more than comfortable enough for my needs, nicely appointed with a decent work area. I found it easy to keep cool or warm as the weather changed. The staff were particularly helpful and accommodating. The only restaurant open was buffet-style all the time, but the range of foods was reasonable and mostly nicely prepared. I would say that the cost was too high for the quality, but I've had worse at greater cost in other "5-star" hotels. This was my first stay under the InterContinental marquee: it certainly makes me want to consider them in other locations.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest ChuckL4,

Thank you for staying with us at InterContinental Riyadh and giving us your review. We have noted your comments and really grateful for your positive comments and your high rating.

We welcome any opportunity to improve and if there is anything more we can do to make your stay nex stay more comfortable, please don't hesitate to contact me.

We wish to see you again at the InterContinental Riyadh.