They seem to have gotten every detail right. Let me list some of them:
• The room size is just big enough without being overly spacious. Very large rooms are a waste and less comfortable. There is room for everything I have and need to do.
• The décor is simple, elegant, and tasteful. A pleasing aesthetic environment is important for both comfort and productivity.
• The work space is out of the way, with plenty of room for laptop and notes, with a comfortable office chair, task lighting, and handy electrical outlets. The window at the desk is a very fine architectural and ergonomic feature that allows me to relax my eyes by looking into the distance. A great plus.
• Lighting is very well thought out, with bedside lights and even a night light and closet lighting! Amazing.
• I was very pleased to find plenty of power outlets in every location in the room. This is so crucial to business travelers who bring so many electronic devices with them. I have stayed in large, expensive rooms that did not have adequate power, which is both annoying and frustrating.
• The generous coffee/tea tray has its own space and its own power outlet. Again, I have stayed in many rooms where it was inconveniently located and in the way, without its own power.
• There is shelving space all around the room, which is so useful for all the odd items that I must deal with (car keys, business cards, notes, etc.)
• Both WiFi and broadband LAN. Best of both worlds.
• Free on-site parking. A big plus.
I could go on, but you get the idea. But I also should mention, the staff is friendly, courteous, and very attentive without being intrusive, and the Al Yasmeen restaurant is comfortable with a fine selection of delicious food.
Staying there was a very satisfying experience, delightfullyt so, and better than most.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Crowne Plaza Riyadh Minhal Contemporary style and traditional hospitality in downtown Riyadh A warm Arab welcome and an elegant, modern room or suite awaits you behind the gleaming facade of the Crowne Plaza(R) Riyadh Minhal hotel. A private limo can pick you up for the 30-minute ride... Contemporary style and traditional hospitality in downtown Riyadh A warm Arab welcome and an elegant, modern room or suite awaits you behind the gleaming facade of the Crowne Plaza(R) Riyadh Minhal hotel. A private limo can pick you up for the 30-minute ride from King Khalid International Airport, and a complimentary shuttle can take you directly to Riyadh International Conference & Exhibition Centre. Business travelers are conveniently close to the Diplomatic Quarter and corporate offices. With complimentary Wi-Fi and shaded parking, a 24-hour Business Center and a smart meeting room for 15, the hotel provides round-the-clock support for guests on a busy schedule. You can start the day with a hearty breakfast buffet at Al Yasmeen Restaurant, return with clients for a business lunch and meet colleagues later for a lively themed dinner. Al Mishraq Cafe serves delicious light meals in the lobby, and room service runs 24 hours. For those with leisure time to spend in Riyadh, the Concierge can arrange transport to souks and shopping centers. If you fancy golf or an expedition into the surrounding golden dunes and wadis, our friendly staff can make all the arrangements. A small but well-equipped Fitness Center is open 24 hours. Helping you make the most of your stay in the Saudi capital, the hotel serves as both a restful retreat and a stylish base for work and leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Crowne Plaza Riyadh Minhal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Riyadh Minhal Hotel Riyadh
- Holiday Inn Riyadh
- Riyadh Holiday Inn