“Great small hotel”

Ranked #40 of 218 Hotels in Riyadh
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great small hotel”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I stayed here for over a month on various trips -- the food is great, rooms are clean and new, service excellent, cost reasonable and the location can't be beat.

I've stayed at both Four Seasons and Al Faisaliah many times -- which are excellent -- for a longer stay, the room with a kitchen and large suite is excellent. It's very convenient for business.

I'd recommend this for business travelers and first time visitors. Note this is Novotel SUITES which is different from the Novotel down the street - some drivers don't know this exists -- it's across from King Fahd library and is new.

The size is small but it still has decent buffets and great room service -- I ate the deluxe club sandwich 22 times -- haha.

I'm a consultant focusing in Saudi and spend 180 days a year there -- I'd recommend this place.

The only improvement I could suggest is slightly better router setup -- the internet is fast and works but every so often can be spotty.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Bruce F
Suite Novotel R, General Manager at Novotel Suites Riyadh Olaya, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for your positive feedback and for your kind comments.
I wiil share it with our associates whom will definitely appreciate it .
Knowing that i have shared with our departement head concerned about the internet router .

We look foreward to host you again with us, hoping your next stay will be as enjoyable as this one.

Best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Arabic first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 8, 2014

The first time when I stay, I got an upgrade.
Now I got the smallest room as a gold member and this month's I will be platinum and as per the advantage of this is should get always free upgrade.

I hope it will happen!

Cheers

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience in our hotel .
As a valuable LeCLub card holder, it is unfortuante that the front desk did not upgrade you to one of our suites.
However, the upgrade depends on the availability, and probably the hotel was very busy during your last stay.
I have shared your comments with our front office manager, and we hopeto host you again in your next visit to riyadh.
Dublin
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We went on a business trip and had a tough time through immigration and headed to the hotel. Front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful during our 2:00 am arrival but overall the rooms were a bit grim in my opinion. No bathtub and quite small rooms. Mine was partially facing a brick wall and then partially some apts beside us. You would not leave the curtains open. Breakfast buffet was decent but I never had other meals there as it was more of a cafe than restaurant. The surrounding area surprised me with a dew upmarket malls and then open sites and quite a low standard of buildings for such a wealthy country. Front desk had a hotel care for journeys to a conference which was expensive but well worth it for women travelling for business. You need to be firm and agree prices with a taxi before getting in one as foreign women. One taxi from the expo centre wanted to charge twice what the hotel driver charged to take us home so I walked away until I could find someone to take us for a decent price. Its ok for a night but I would upgrade to a better hotel if I was a women over for business.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback about our hotel.
We apprecaite your kind words about the front desk associates, and apologize for the bad experience with the local taxis .

We hope to see you again in your upcoming visit to RIyadh.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 3, 2014

On my first ever visit to KSA, I booked myself into this hotel on recommendation from my male colleagues even though the price was a bit over my budget. Considering my trepidation over being a single woman visitor, I couldn't have made a better choice. Check in was a breeze, I was upgraded to a spacious suite and the bed quite comfy. Pleasantly surprised by the choice of English entertainment on the Telly. I felt v safe and well taken care as all the staff were courteous and attentive. Location is v central as well though I was wary of venturing out on my own. Breakfast was good quality with plenty of choices. As I was checking out v early, the dining staff packed a breakfast to go for me, I really appreciated that. Check out was a small mixup as they printed invoice for the wrong room, but it was sorted out quick. Taxis can be arranged from the hotel which is v convenient. All in all a pleasant experience and recommended

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Lakshmi P
Suite Novotel R, General Manager at Novotel Suites Riyadh Olaya, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments and positive feedback about our hotel and associates.
We were very happy to know of your impression about our hotel , and we look forward to have you with us in your next visit to Riyadh, hoping it will be as pleasant as the previous one .
Best Regards.
Reviewed April 26, 2014

It is a new hotel in Riyadh, Comfortable for a business trip (I have been there for 6 nights). It is very clean, breakfast very good and you can find all the comfort you need. Staff is nice and ready to provide informationa nd support. Wifi was warking not properly and they solved issue in a few minutes

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Suite Novotel R, General Manager at Novotel Suites Riyadh Olaya, responded to this review, January 10, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay, and we appreciate your overall positive feedback about our hotel.
Please accept our sincere apology for the delay in responding due to a technical issue.
We look forward to host you again with us in the near future .
Best regards,