“Overall very good hotel”

Ranked #29 of 224 Hotels in Riyadh
Reviewed October 4, 2013

It's my first time in four points by sheraton and I loved staying here, infact I don't wanna leave! .. very hygienic, clean hotel. Food is delicious plus good price.. the only thing that I didn't like is the location.. it's noisy in the morning! And u hear those cops in the street screaming!! .. but overall I loved it here.. I will definitely come back again.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank bkhouja
FPRiyadhKhaldia, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Riyadh Khaldia, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear bkhouja,

Let me seize this opportunity to thank you for choosing Four Points by Sheraton Riyadh on your recent business trip to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. We were delighted to see your wonderful comments and rest assured that we will do our utmost to meet & exceed your expectations on your next stay with us.

Looking forward to welcome you and meet you personally on your next visit to Riyadh.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

stayed recently here and paid for a junior suite as the cost was very good. very nice room, modern, newly fitted. quiet which is good if you are on higher floor due to the usual noisy traffic. breakfast was fairly quiet and ok but some of the items ran out and were not replaced but it was nearly 10.30 so I guess they have to stop sometime. Reception staff a little stretched and mostly just one person there but very helpful and pleasant. Bar staff and room service was good but not a large selection to choose from. I would stay here again as its a good price, new and modern and if you pay a little extra for a suite its a good deal. My only complaint would be the hotel car hire company which I used instead of local taxi's to get around town, the drivers did not always know where they were going and had no map. Get a sat nav or a map of Riyadh.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
FPRiyadhKhaldia, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Riyadh Khaldia, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear travelwellallthetime,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Four Points by Sheraton Riyadh Khaldia during your business trip in Saudi Arabia.

We really appreciate you taking some time to write your review here on TripAdvisor which gives us an opportunity to further enhance our services. I also took the liberty in sharing your comments with our in-house rent-a-car company to be more knowledgeable about Riyadh destinations.

Once again thank you very much and If I can be of further assistance in any of your future stays with us please do not hesitate to contact me at juan.uribe@fourpoints.com

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I have been curious what would become the case of Mena Grand Khaldia Hotel with Sheraton taking over and making it a 4 Point hotel. After around 10 visits, I have to say I am terribly disappointed. The hotel has gone from my favorite to a poor shadow of it former self. Sheraton seems to get it right elsewhere, but in Saudi it's always wrong. Last 3 times I have stayed the driver pickup from the airport has not been there, and no efforts has been made to excuse or apologize. When you arrive reception is understaffed and although staff are friendly and nice you can see how stressed they are - they just got too much to juggle. Rooms are tidy and clean, but things are always missing... The mini-bar is empty or there's no internet cable. Calling housekeeping or room service is a lottery, sometimes no matter what button you press, there's no one answering. As a rule, if you stay multiple nights, they don't seem replace things like coffee or again the mini bar (which surely makes poor commercial sense too!). The in-room dining menu has been cut in half, and is left with a much poorer choice of food and staff just seems to more often than before lack English skills and have too much to do. It's become an average Riyadh hotel, so I will be looking for a new favorite bed...

Dear JanMars,

First of all let me thank you for being a loyal guests to us and as such we are deeply concerned about the past experiences that you have encountered during your stay in our hotel. And after a thorough investigation, I've tried to contact you personally to apologize for the inconvenience caused, but I was unable to reach you.

I have advised our Guest Relations the concerned departments on this matter to ensure that such incidents particularly the missed transfers will not happen again. I know that you had a lengthy discussion over the phone with one of my hotel associates and I thank you for bringing it up to our attention and for giving us another chance.

Once again thank you very much and I look forward to meeting you personally on your next stay with us and if I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me at juan.uribe@fourpoints.com.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

The good:
Housekeeping (staff+cleanliness)
Reception (staff+speed)
Room (Size+decor)
Bathroom (modern updated)

The bad:
Window has too much bird poo (use spikes)
Shower too slippery, very dangerous
Breakfast food quality very poor
Airport pick-up service driver didnt have my name on a signage because of Saudi Labor Law sponsorship issues
AC was not strong enough

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
FPRiyadhKhaldia, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Riyadh Khaldia, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Jeroos,

Thank you very much for choosing Four Points by Sheraton Riyadh Khaldia on your recent business trip to Riyadh. We have noted all your concerned particularly the bad ones which we are looking unto it. Comments like yours give us a better opportunity to further enhance our services & facilities.

Once again thank you very much and we look forward to welcome you in our hotel and meet you on your next visit to Riyadh.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I was in business trip for 3 nights last week, i booked the hotel online and my work was in Olaya street, i thought it gonna be like 10 minutes far as they said on the website, but it took me 30 to 45 min to reach my work everyday morning.
The lobby was so good, clean and furnished well, business center with ine computer only, so dont expect to take a turn, gym is very small, old and smells like toilet inside !!! You have to walk to another building to reach the hotel.
I booked a non-smoking room, on the 8th floor, and its written clearly on all the rooms door that smoking is not allowed, but all the time u can smell the cigarettes and it was really bad ...
Rooms was so nice in space and so cold, i open the heater most of the time to make the room 25c.
Restaurant in M level was great, food yummy and staff so nice and friendly.
It was nice to try it, but will never do it again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
FPRiyadhKhaldia, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Riyadh Khaldia, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear KarimDubaiDubai,

Thank you for choosing Four Points by Sheraton Riyadh Khaldia on your recent business trip to Riyadh. First of all my sincere apologies for the confusion caused with regards to your office destination. During the rush hour in the morning and in the afternoon we really suggest to our guests to pay attention on the timings as everywhere you go in Riyadh traffic is unavoidable. Also we would appreciate if you can advise which website are you referring to in order to update it.

We are also pleased to inform you that the hotel's brand new gym will be finished by early November 2013 which will cover the entire first floor of the hotel.

Majority of our floors including the 8th floor are allocated as a non-smoking floor and we have noted your comments.

Once again thank you for sharing and writing your review here on TripAdvisor and rest assured that we will do our utmost for you to give us a try again.

Please feel free to contact me for any of your future bookings and further concern.

juan.uribe@fourpoints.com

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Beautiful hotel, and the gym is actually okay ... The hotel, however, is seriously let down by poor service... I've complained about the noise coming from the other rooms and was told to basically "deal with it", they're loud... I had to call a few times to get some shampoo. All-in-all, it really is one of the nicer hotels in Riyadh, but the service is probably sub-par even when compared to some of the other hotels here. I do hope this changes soon, as it is definitely a hotel I'd like to try again.

Room Tip: It seems that it's a crap shoot, so good luck!
1  Thank k_in_london186338
FPRiyadhKhaldia, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Riyadh Khaldia, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear k_in_london186338,

Thank you very much for choosing Four Points by Sheraton Riyadh Khaldia on your recent visit to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and for taking some time to write your review here on TripAdvisor.

We have noted all your concern including the ones you've wrote down on your email as well. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are currently investigating your concern and rest assured that we will do our utmost to rectify the issues.

Once again thank you very much for giving us another chance and we look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit. I look forward to meeting you on your next stay with us.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stay here fairly regularly over the last few months and find them generally very good. Staff are friendly and keen and the rooms are very good.

Restaurant is generally OK with helpful staff.

Rates are for Riyadh very good

2  Thank stevedon
FPRiyadhKhaldia, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Riyadh Khaldia, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear stevedon,

Thank you very much for choosing Four Points by Sheraton Riyadh Khaldia on your recent business trip to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

We really appreciate you taking some time to write your comments here at TripAdvisor. It is very vital for us to get such important feedback in order that we may continue to deliver and exceed our guest expectations at all times.

Once again thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and I do look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit.