“5 Star - Dream on”

Ranked #28 of 219 Hotels in Riyadh
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“5 Star - Dream on”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

“Hotel located in the old part of Riyadh”

I recently stayed at this hotel for several months. Most hotel employees were extremely welcoming and friendly. The Rooms were very cosy what stood out for me the most was the breakfast and the employees are very attentive. They only have one restaurant and the gym and swimming are shared with the apartments in the complex. Food in Riyadh is not the best. The issue about the hotel is its location, terrible traffic during the day. The worst aspect of the hotel is the Laundry which is the worst I have encountered in 30 years. The old brigade in the restaurant , Rami and the Kenyan -Doorman were charming. The Management tried their hardest in the circumstances. Various new initiatives had been promised but not arrived before I left. Would not recommend the hotel as there are better places to stay nearer civilisation

Room Tip: Go for a superior room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JeremyW217
MENAGrandKhaldiaRUH, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Riyadh Khaldia, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear JeremyW217,

First of all we would like to take this opportunity for choosing to stay with us here at the MENA Grand Khaldia. It was indeed a pleasure serving you during your entire stay with us and although we’ve had some challenges with our laundry service at this time due to under staff, we are taking it seriously to improve this area and satisfy our guests. We’ve also noted your concern on the Health Club facilities which is currently under the pipeline and finalizing the details with the new international hotel brand that recently acquired us.

With the service you’ve encountered with our hotel associates and the quality of food in our restaurant and coziness of our rooms we hope that your recommendation for not staying in our hotel will change. JerymyW217 as we deeply valued your business relationship with us we hope that you’ll give us another chance and the other areas of your concern will not hinder you from using us again in the future.

Once again thank you very much for taking some time to write your comments here on TripAdvisor and if I can be of further assistance or would like to discuss your concern, I will be more than happy to hear from you directly.

juan.uribe@mena-grandkhaldia.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 20, 2013

i recently stayed at this hotel.

all hotel staff and members were extremely welcoming and friendly.
The Rooms were very cosy

what stood out for me the most was the food, breakfast and lunch was the best Ive ever eaten at any hotel in Riyadh.

only issue about the hotel is its location, terrible traffic during rush hours

highly recommend you stay here if you fancy viewing the old Riyadh.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Basheer S
MENAGrandKhaldiaRUH, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Riyadh Khaldia, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Basheer,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing MENA Grand Khaldia Hotel on your recent visit to Riyadh and for taking some time to write your reviews here on TripAdvisor.

It is indeed a great pleasure to be of service particularly to your group and we look to welcoming you again soon on your next event.

In the meantime if I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to connect either with myself or any member of my team.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed March 7, 2013

It’s a very nice and exciting hotel. Its clean, calm and modern.

I like their hospitality and the staff in hole hotel are kind and polite, spicily Mr. Rami (Guest Relations Manager).

Also, the room rates are competitive.

There is a small problem regarding the location but its ok with me, and i think till now the SPA still under construction.

Over all, its a nice hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Osama-Hasan-1
MENAGrandKhaldiaRUH, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Riyadh Khaldia, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Osama-Hasan-1,

Warm greetings from the MENA Grand Khaldia Hotel Riyadh!

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to Riyadh and for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We were delighted to see your wonderful comments and I took the liberty to share your great story with the hotel team.

Once again thank you very much and we look forward to welcoming again in the near future. Please feel free to contact either myself or any member of my team for any of your future reservations.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Our business group were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel. Reasonably priced with an excellent lobby perfect for short business meetings. Rooms are well sized and appointed. The Internet is free with a good signal throughout the hotel. Food is very good. There are a few faults- the lifts are slow as is the laundry service. Our thanks to manager Ali who was very welcoming and informative.
The location won't suit all as it is south of the city but perfectly placed to see historic Riyadh- Masmak Fortress and the National Museum are close by.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank Asdruebal
MENAGrandKhaldiaRUH, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Riyadh Khaldia, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Asdruebal,

First of all it has been a great pleasure to have your group with us and we would like to thank you for choosing MENA Grand Khaldia Hotel on your recent visit to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

We have noted your concern about the lifts which we are currently looking unto to it for major upgrade and possible replacement and as for the laundry service we are looking for an additional support and manpower to cope up with the demand of our in-house guests.

Once again thank you very much and we do really appreciate you taking some time to share your wonderful experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit and in the meantime if I can be of further assistance with any of your future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me or any member of my team.

Montreal
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Mena Grand Khaldia was recently renovated and you can quickly notice some nice touches that you won't find in every hotel. Look at the pictures I took and you'll see that the bed looks REALLY comfortable, and it is ! I loved the fact that they give you the option to chose a pillow (I haven't requested any but knowing that you have the option is cool !).

The shower and bathroom are very clean and they offer you many small accessories such as a Lufa.

The TV offers channels from OSN network which gives you ample choice of entertainment.

Many people are complaining about the location of the Hotel and it's true. But the hotel from the inside makes you forget the surroundings,

I had the opportunity to try the buffet in the morning and for dinner. There's a different theme every night and the variety of choices is impressive.

I encountered 2 minor hickups however the staff dealt with the manner in the proper way.
I had a problem with the Hot water pressure which was a little weak and I had a problem with noisy neighbors (Kids playing football in the room). What impressed me the most is the way the hotel managed these hickups. I received a call from the GM apologizing personally. The hotel was fully booked and they promised me to switch me rooms as soon as a room or a suit is available. Now that is great Treatment !

If you found my review helpful, please give me a vote :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the pool side to avoid waking up by the sound of cars honking !
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Ramy M
Dear ramystyle,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to Riyadh and for taking some time to write your comments about our hotel, the MENA Grand Khaldia Hotel Riyadh.

It was indeed a pleasure reading your wonderful comments and have take the liberty to share it with the rest of the team. Comments like yours inspire us to satisfy our guests and further enhance our facilities and services.

Once again thank you very much and we look forward to welcoming you again in our hotel on your next visit. In the meantime please do hesitate to contact me or any member of team for any of your future reservations.

Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I am a business traveller from Dubai and when i visit Riyadh I stay in this hotel.It is very classic 5 star with very nice restaurant and food, the rooms is very spacious and nice especially the up-floor view of city. the management and staff very helpful especially evens who starts my day with his morning informative chat and charming jokes while waiting for my car.In the evening evens is at reception with his constant smile and welcome very professional. The only problem is lifts sometime very slow and the location crowded. very good hotel .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank ahmmed62
Dear ahmmed62,

First of all I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your wonderful experience during your recent stay with us here at the MENA Grand Khaldia Hotel. We were delighted to see such wonderful comments and took the liberty to share it with the rest of my team.

The location of our hotel is a great opportunity to showcase the rich culture and heritage of Riyadh where you will find a lot of historical sites, museum, government offices, restaurants and other local shops which are well-known to the market.

Once again thank you very much and we look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Riyadh. In the meantime please feel free to contact me or any member of my team for any of your future reservations.

Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Generally a nice hotel with well equipped rooms. Breakfast is good with a nice selection of food.

The gym is not dedicated for hotel stayers and is shared with people living in the two adjacent tower block.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank JShaw666
MENAGrandKhaldiaRUH, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Riyadh Khaldia, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear JShaw666,

Thank you very much for choosing MENA Grand Khaldia Hotel on your recent trip to Riyadh. It was indeed a pleasure reading your experience in our hotel and we do appreciate you taking some time to write your reviews here on TripAdvisor.

The hotel will soon have it's own health club in line with the standard on the new hotel brand that recently acquired. So rest assured that it will be an exclusive use for our hotel guests only.

Once again thank you very much and we look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to us. In the meantime please feel free to contact me or any member of team for your future reservations.