“Reasonable but a little jaded” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya

Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya
Ranked #6 of 207 Hotels in Riyadh
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Reasonable but a little jaded”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

I was warmly welcomed by a bellhop and the reception staff who sorted me out quickly. The lobby and surrounding are very nice. The room is ok, but not great. When you see shower curtains and shower in the bath, you know the hotel goes back a bit. You then spot the touch up paint on the doors, the tile grouting on the floor that needs a clean. It's starting to look a bit jaded. I looked out of my window in room 113 and saw a grubby, neglected courtyard.
Bandwidth was free, stable and reasonable for Saudi. I ordered a chicken curry dinner which was delicious. I had to miss breakfast, but it was ok last time I was here. Not sure what the company paid, but I had a pretty good stay and would stay there again. I have had a lot worse in KSA. 3.5 out of 5.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christian H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Frank_ZA,

I would like to start by thanking you for taking time to review our hotel on Trip advisor.

Upon reading your review I was happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us in Riyadh. I am grateful for your comments as such information enables us to continually monitor and improve the service we are offering.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and I look forward to welcome you back to Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya in the near future.

Christian Hoehn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

I have always stayed at either the Marriott of Holiday Inn on my business travels to Riyadh until a colleague from IBM recommended that I stay at the Hilton. Well, I can't tell you how pleased I was. The staff was great, the room very nice, and the hotel is very conveniently located in the center of Riyadh.

I must call out one staff member in particular, Mr. Ahmed Hegazy. Mr. Hegazy provided personalized attention far and above what I have ever experienced at a Hilton propery. He is one of the reasons why i'll be staying at the Hilton Riyadh on my return next month!

Dear Matthew B,

I would like to start by thanking you for taking time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor, our guest’s direct feedback like yours helps us to review our guest service efforts and improve the facilities.

Upon reading your comments I am happy that it seems you enjoyed your stay with us and planning to return back to Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya. We do strive to offer the best possible value for money. Your positive comment on our staff Mr Ahmed Hegazy is highly appreciated. We emphasize a lot on our team member training and are proud of our empowerment project; it is satisfactory to hear that our team has managed to impress you with their attitude and service.

Dear Matthew B, let me once again thank you for staying with us while in Riyadh, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Riyadh and Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya again shortly.

Athlone, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

Staff couldn't be more helpfull, Food was very tasty and rooms were big and clean. Locate in the centre of the city and could walk to mayor shopping centres or grap a taxi outside the door. Dont spend more that 100 SAR to get to hotel from airport in Taxi. London Cab company outside the airport are most reliable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Eoin K,

Greetings from the Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya! Please allow me to thank you for taking the time review Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya on Tripadvisor.

Tripadvisor is a valuable tool that allows us to gain first hand feedback about our performance hence allowing us to monitor and further enhance our services by focusing on your needs as a guest in the hotel.

riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Thank you Hilton Garden Inn for everything to let me satisfied specially it was my wedding night, many thanks and appreciating for the reception guys Amr Issa, Amr Moftah and omar, and the food was perfect and the clean of the room and I was not expecting the flowers, Balloons and candles in the room but is really amazing thing, Thank you again about the wonderful night in my life.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Faisal B,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Riyadh, and for taking time to share your views on TripAdvisor.

Reading your comments I’m happy the team made you feel welcome and well cared for. I am delighted that you had an overall good experience at our hotel.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Riyadh and the Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya shortly and thanking you once again for valuable comments.

Warm Regards,

Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We have just enjoyed two stays at the Hilton Garden Inn in Riyadh and thoroughly recommend it to any visitors to Riyadh. All of the staff were extremely helpful, the location was excellent and being upgraded to a suite was an added bonus. We had a good buffet lunch, appreciated the dates provided at reception and certainly the staff were all very friendly and obliging. We spent a few nights away and when we got back to the Hilton, the staff remembered our names and had reserved the same room for us. The accommodation was of a very high standard and we warmly recommend the hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Please allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I’m very happy to learn from your review that you enjoy your time with us, and it’s great to see that you value some of our great features and it also makes me very proud that my staff was very helpful and friendly to you and I would like to assure you that your comments have been relayed to them.

Thank you very much and I will make sure to share your review with the entire team and I look forward to welcome you back to Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya again shortly.

Best regards,

Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

Conveniently located for shopping and business, friendly staff, wonderful breakfast! Accommodation comfortable, if dated. Riyadh has many interesting historical sites but need to watch timing for “family-only days”. Worth visit to Wadi Hanifa, although some of the more interesting looking sites were currently off-limits due to construction.

Dear Javad A,

I highly appreciate your feedback given on TripAdvisor, getting direct feedback through TripAdvisor is a great way for us to secure we are focusing on your needs as a guest in our hotel.

Thank you very much for your review of the hotel, its facilities and service. We pride ourselves on level of service and I’m happy to that we have managed to make your stay pleasant enough.

Dear Javad A, let me once again thank you for staying with us while in Riyadh, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Riyadh and Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya in the near future.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

I beilieve that having a good business trip can be guuaranteed by having your stay in Hilton garden Inn Olaya - Also if you need to have a family or personal; stay - I think it is a good choice for that since it is convieient place location and it is nice to have the place very near to the restaurants and main streets in city center- also the transportation is very easy at hotel since it is available 24/7 from the hotel or even from the taxi stop in front of the hotel

Dear Ahmed S,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Riyadh and for taking time to share your views on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you had an overall good experience at our hotel. We do pride ourselves on our high standard of service.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Riyadh and Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya shortly and thanking you once again for valuable comments.

Warm Regards,