Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya
Priceline
$332
$213
Agoda.com
All reviewsbusiness centerthe hotel staffolaya streetbusiness tripbreakfast and dinnerduty managerroom servicefront desk staffconvenient locationrooms are cleanother hotelsquality of foodnice stayfitness centersaudi arabiakingdom towerhgi
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Have stayed here before but feel this hotel has gone downhill. Perfectly presentable, very pleasant staff but very, very basic. Very much a business hotel so I expect a stocked mini-bar rather than an empty fridge - one has to go back down to the 'pantry' in reception to get a Coke, not ideal having only just checked in and gone up to the room. Bar and restaurant serviceable but, again, average. Bedroom was old and tired with the world's noisiest A/C. Ditto the bathroom, one had to run around under the shower to get wet. Was it an awful stay? No. Could it have been so much better with just a few minor touches for which I would willingly pay more? Absolutely. If your needs are minimal then stay here but there must be dozens of better hotels in Riyadh.

1  Thank twa203
Christian H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Riyadh, and for taking time to share your views on TripAdvisor.

I am very concerned about your comment, that the hotel is going downhill, therefore would like to take the opportunity to highlight the latest improvements to continually improve our property.
- New/upgraded pool area which is highly appreciated by our guest
- Improved gym area by adding few equipments like TRX and spinning bike
- Upgraded TV channels offering with OSN and Al Jazeera channels
- New menu with enhanced offer of international cuisine
- Improved Internet speed

We can certainly stock your Minibar, which underlines our individualized and personal service level. Please let us know prior to your next arrival in order to provide such service. You certainly don’t have to serve yourself once you are in your guest room, since we are one of the few Hilton Garden Inns worldwide which provides 24/7 room service.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the AC and will follow up with our Engineering department why it couldn’t be fixed immediately or a different room should have been provided to you.

I would appreciate if you give us another chance to prove that the Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya is able to deliver the service you expect.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Riyadh and Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya shortly and thanking you once again for valuable comments.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Good hotel, with excellent service, excellent restaurant, good rooms which are clean, spacious and comfortable except for the quietness (some noise coming from the outsite due to an airco compressor just in front of the window).

1  Thank gloubi95
Christian H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Dear gloubi95,

Let me first of all extend my gratitude for your time spent on sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor, guest feedback is crucial in our quest for continued progress of our service delivery, and only by focusing on our guest’s needs, we will be able to succeed.

Reading your review I'm happy to learn that you enjoyed our rooms, service, and Restaurant. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that may have occurred with regards to the AC noise during your stay.

Once again thank you for reviewing our hotel and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Riyadh and the Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Very nice and efficient personell, while the look of the lobby, restaurant and forniture in general seems to be old or look like that. The hotel is clean and well aranged. Rooms have also this old look and watch out not to be given a backyard room. It is very nosy due to the air condition machineries. Very annoying. A positive stay

1  Thank Simone P

Dear Simone P,

Reading your review I'm happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay in general.

I have noted your comments regarding our furniture and would like to assure you that we are already in process of upgrading and updating a lot of areas in the hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that may have occurred with regards to the AC noise during your stay.

Warm regards,

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I was very impressed with the service and quality of the hotel. The manager was very supportive to help me arrange for food from the restaurant to be delivered to the room as i am a woman and that was absolutely the best thing considering my work and the environment. One of the best i have stayed in Riyadh. Thank you for the support and looking forward to visit again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jasmine A,

I would like to thank you for taking time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor and I appreciate your positive comments on the services, facilities and our staff.

Upon reading your review I am glad to find that you have enjoyed your visit with us in Riyadh.

Once again thank you for reviewing our hotel and I look forward to welcome you back to Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya.

Best regards,

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed on business, first time in this hotel. Check in was fine, room disappointing as not very well lit and décor was a little dated but the bed was comfortable and clean.

What really sells this hotel is the staff and management, I had a few occasions where I needed their help and support and each time it was never a problem. Particular mention to the events and duty managers who both delivered excellent service.

This gets a "very good" down to the service of the hotel team

Dear Exiles,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments on our hotel.

I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for commending our staff and bed. The unique Garden Sleep System beds in our rooms are very popular feature of the Hilton Garden Inn.

Dear Exiles, we are grateful for your comments on the room and decor as such information enables us to continually monitor the quality we offer.

Thank you once again for taking time to review our hotel, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya again in the near future.

Kind regards,