“Mostly good”

Ranked #9 of 219 Hotels in Riyadh
Slough, United Kingdom
“Mostly good”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Good location, close to the centre of the city. Rooms are perfectly comfortable, not sumptuous but good enough. Service excellent as was the breakfast.

Internet was flaky; out of the 4 nights I stayed there was working perhaps 50% of the time. The room had both wireless and wired connections. On one occasion when I called reception, after having some difficulty connecting, to ask about the status of the internet, I was told that wireless was not working. However, they failed to add that the wired connection was OK. This omission was corrected by the staff at the reception when I enquired in person later.

In general, would happily stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
AlexanderMusch, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Andy S,

Let me first of all extend my gratitude for your time spent on sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor, guest feedback is crucial in our quest for continued progress of our service delivery, and only by focusing on our guests needs will we be able to succeed in that quest.

Reading your review I'm happy to learn that you enjoyed our rooms, service, breakfast and location. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that may have occurred with regards to the Internet during your stay due to conversion of the Internet provider and would like to re enforce our commitment to secure uninterrupted internet service to our guests.

Once again thank you for reviewing our hotel and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Riyadh and Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya in a not to distant future.

Warm regards,

Alexander Musch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Business Stay for 3 nights. All was very good. Staff was extremely helpful and Gentle. Internet connection was good as well. Located at 5 minutes from a major mall (Faysaliya). Food was good quality as well.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Patrick M
AlexanderMusch, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Patrick M,

I highly appreciate your feedback given on TripAdvisor, getting direct feedback through TripAdvisor is a great way for us to secure we’re focusing on your needs as a guest in our hotel.

Thank you very much for your review of the hotel, its facilities and our staff. We pride ourselves on level of service and I’m happy to that we’ve managed to make your stay so pleasant.

Dear Patrick M, let me once again thank you for staying with us while in Riyadh, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Riyadh and Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya in a not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was there for training seminar conducted at the hotel. Despite the following complaints, my stay was good and I had a good time at the hotel, and the staff were also good:
- Internet did not work for a day.
- I was first assigned a noisy room, but was changed very quickly upon my request.
- I ordered a fruit salad which was overpriced and very lousy.
- Our training room was excellent the first day. On the second day, the hotel crammed us into a very small lousy room.

Room Tip: Washout for noisy rooms near the central air-conditioning machines.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
AlexanderMusch, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear EB1433,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya during your visit to Riyadh, and for taking time to share your review with us.

I'm happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and your positive comments on our staff is highly appreciated.It is our goal to make sure you have the most exceptional guest experience possible. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that may have occurred with regards to the Internet during your stay due to conversion of the Internet provider and would like to re enforce our commitment to secure uninterrupted internet service to our guests.

With regards to your comment on the training room, I understand from my team that your company had booked the smaller meeting room and we did a complimentary upgrade to a bigger meeting room for one day since there was no occupancy and was already informed earlier that they will be returned to the booked meeting room on second day as per contract.

EB1433, let me once again thank you for your feedback and I would be very happy to welcome you back to Riyadh and Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya in the future.

Sincerely Yours,

Twickenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Staff could not be more accommodating - friendly and effecient. Hotel room was very spacious - two king sized rooms and a lounge area. Although I have given 5 stars rating the lack of effecient wifi was a real annoyance - however they are changing their system apparently. If they do not, and quickly, then this would merit a much poorer score - as this is vital. Breakfast very good. I will return (as long as the wifi works!)

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
AlexanderMusch, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Dragonball_13,

Your positive comments on the services, facilities and our staff are highly appreciated. It is our goal to make sure you have the most exceptional guest experience possible. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that may have occurred with regards to the Wifi during your stay due to conversion of the Internet provider and would like to re enforce our commitment to secure uninterrupted internet service to our guests.

Dragonball_13 let me once again thank you for your feedback and I would be very happy to welcome you back to Riyadh and Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya in the future.

Best regards,

Bloomington, Minnesota
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have stayed at this property several times including my last visit to Riyadh.

This hotel is exactly what you would expect from the Hilton brand. The service is consistently good and the staff seems particularly attuned to the needs of business travelers.

The location is right on the main drag close to several of the large business centers in Riyadh.

My room was clean, comfortable and quiet. You can't really expect more than that.

The fitness center is small but well equipped.

The restaurant offers an extensive breakfast buffet and a quality lunch/dinner menu.

I travel to Riyadh regularly and will continue to prefer this property.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Lancburm,

Please allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I’m very happy to learn from your review that you enjoy your time with us, and it’s great to see that you value some of our great features and it also makes me very proud that my staff was very helpful to you.

Thank you very much and I’ll make sure to share your review with the entire team and I look forward to welcome you back to Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya again shortly.
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The bathroom smelt like rotten eggs and the Fitness Centre was pitiful. Only one treadmill was working and the rest of the equipment was of poor quality and generally inadequate. For a hotel of that size and reputation, it was extremely disappointing.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Adrian P
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The location was a bit far from my office and the hotel shuttle service was very expensive which forced me to use alternate means. However, the overall experience was excellent and the staff were very accomodating to satisfy any requests.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Gaarder-Larsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear shokhats,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Riyadh, and for taking time to share your views on TripAdvisor. Reading your comments I’m happy the team made you feel welcome and well cared for.

I am delighted that you had an overall good experience at our hotel. We do pride ourselves on our exceptionally high standard of service.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Riyadh and Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya shortly and thanking you once again for valuable comments.

Warm Regards,