“Excellent hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya
Ranked #9 of 224 Hotels in Riyadh
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Very nice hotel with all the things a business traveller needs. Lokation is near Olaya and on walking distance.
Good breakfast, and good internet. Good diner and realxed atmosphere.
Very nice hotel with all the things a business traveller needs

1  Thank Bert P
Gaarder-Larsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Dear Bert P,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Riyadh, and for taking time to share your views on TripAdvisor.

I’m very happy to learn from your review that you enjoyed your time with us, and happy with our location, internet, breakfast and atmosphere. It is our goal to make sure you have the most exceptional guest experience possible.

Once again thank you for reviewing our hotel and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Riyadh and Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya in a not to distant future.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

The Hotel is in a reasonable location for Riyadh and whilst not especially deluxe room wise the hotel does offer good value for money and excellent levels of service. There is no Grand Lobby but the restaurant and seating areas downstairs offer a very effective open and airy use of the available space. Similarly the rooms are fairly basic, other than offering a larger than average bathroom, with a rather small window but I guess this is a reflection of the day time temperatures experienced in the summer months and a desire to cut down on the cooling bills.

There is a pretty wide coverage of TV channels, which can be a problem in Saudi, and the food in the Hotel is good, but do not expect a pool area, and the views from the room are of a pretty drab residential area.

Do watch being ripped off on the Taxi Charges from the Airport to the Hotel as the going rate should be around SAR 80 to SAR 85. Unless you are aware of this fact the unmetered Taxis will try to charge you in excess of SAR 100.

A pleasant enough stay for a few days but if you are there for longer and want a little more luxury then this is probably not the place for you, oh and make sure you get a Non Smoking Room

Room Tip: Make sure you get a Non Smoking Room
1  Thank ernie68
Gaarder-Larsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear ernie68,

I highly appreciate your feedback given on TripAdvisor, getting direct feedback through TripAdvisor is a great way for us to secure we’re focusing on your needs as a guest in our hotel.

Thank you very much for your detailed review of the hotel, its facilities and service. We pride ourselves on our level of service and I’m happy to that we’ve managed to make your stay so pleasant.

Dear ernie68, let me once again thank you for staying with us while in Riyadh, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Riyadh and Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya in a not too distant future.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I chose to stay again at this hotel, as I had had a previous, great experience at this hotel two years ago. I find the location to be very convenient, and hotel rates are a good value in this city. The service received was again excellent, and I find the staff to be patient and helpful. This stay, I did not have an "executive" room as I did my previous stay. I found the regular room to be spacious, but the room did not feel as new and as nice as my previous stay. Rooms are very quiet, and stay cool with strong air conditioning and heavy curtains on the windows.

1  Thank Travelin_JC

Dear Travelin_JC,

Let me start off by thanking you for the time you spent on reviewing Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya on Tripadvisor.

I’m very happy to learn from your review that you enjoyed your time with us, and happy with our location, service, room and our staff. We pride ourselves on our level of service and I’m happy to that we’ve managed to make your stay a pleasant one.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I choose this property assuming that I could get a minimum HGI standard. I was disappointed. Hotel is oddly located. There is nothing around it. Very small entrance, no lobby, except few armchairs between reception and breakfast area. If one is to spend a few hours in the hotel there is nothing other than the room. And my room was very bad for that. As a gold member I was placed on a first floor room, though I had booked few days in advance. Small window was looking to an open area in the center of the building, which seemed like a storage yard. Nothing nice to look at and I could not open my curtain because there was a door right accross my window. It was depressing without daylight. Air conditioning unit was extremely loud and you could not turn it down. Another very annoying thing was that you could open the wardrobe door only about 45 degrees because room door's slower was huge and oddly located. And since one does not expect this I kept hitting the slower. Personel was very polite. Breakfast was ok. Sunny side up eggs were delicious. Coffe needs major improvement but there is good selection of tea.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Gaarder-Larsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Levant G,

Please allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I was truly sorry to read that you were not satisfied during your stay with us and your guestroom and I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the disappointments you have expressed. I appreciate your comments on our staff. I have noted your comment on the coffee and I’ve conveyed your comments to my F&B Manager, asking for him to review our coffee supplier and procedures.

Mr. Levant G, we are grateful for your comments as such information enables us to continually monitor and improve the service we are offering.

We do pride ourselves on our exceptionally high standard of service and I do sincerely hope you will not judge us solely on the basis of this particular experience, and that you will consider giving us a change to rectify your impressions of the hotel.

Dear Levant G, let me once again thank you for your valuable feedback.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Overall I wasn't happy with this hotel compared to other Hiltons I stayed in.
A King size bed had been booked for me but I got a twin room.
The room itself was tidy and average size and the room service was quite good and quite fast.

However, the Internet was very very slow and as this was important for me, it affected my work.
The shower pressure was weak and the towels were like sandpaper; these things I would normally not notice but this time i did.

The breakfast was a nice selection and good quality.

There are better hotels in Riyadh then this I hope

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Gaarder-Larsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear obbarry,

I am so sorry you were disappointed in your stay with us. I can assure you that this is not the standard at our hotel. It is our goal to make sure you have the most exceptional guest experience possible.

My apologies for you not receiving the room type you requested. We try very hard to ensure each guest gets the room requested and are sorry we were unable to meet your needs. Our free Internet service is a very important feature in our hotel and we have stringent security and back-up features to secure uninterrupted access for our guests. We have also increased the capacity of our Internet connection recently for a much faster speed. I appreciate your positive comments on our breakfast.

Dear obbarry, we are aware that your opinion of our service has been affected by the handling of your concerns and do hope that in time, you may reconsider your position and choose to stay with us in the future. I am confident we can make your stay one of the best you’ve ever experienced. Let me once again thank you for your valuable feedback

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Good Location, great value for money. The hotel is centrally located in the business district of Olaya in Riyadh close vicinity to many shopping centers and Offices. Restaurant offers fabulous Breakfast. and the net connectivity over wifi was excellent.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Gaarder-Larsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear Ilyasbaig,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor.

Upon reading your review I'm happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and I’d like to thank you for commending our location, breakfast and Internet. We do pride ourselves on our high level of service and facilities, and I'm very content to see that our continuous training and focus on service delivery has a positive effect.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and I look forward to welcome you back to Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya in the not to distant future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have stayed twice over the last 3 months at the HGI, Riyadh.

First impressions are not that good as the hotel is situated in the city centre on a main road. The reception is very "brown" and not that inviting.

However, the staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are of a good size and on my second stay I got upgraded to a two bedroom suite which was accordingly large and spacious.

The breakfasts are excellent with a wide selection of western and middle-eastern foods. The waiting staff are exceptionally helpful and the omelette bar is good (albeit a bit slow sometimes).
Dinner is ok, nothing special, but you are within easy distance of some good restaurants.

The pool is disappointing, in that it never seems to get any direct sun and is above ground, like a domestic pool you would have at home. The second time I was at the HGI it was actually closed for a refurb so next time I go back I hope it will be more inviting.

Overall, a nice hotel with very friendly staff and I will be back next week.

Room Tip: Make sure you have the address as many taxi drivers don't know where the hotel is despite it bei...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Berkshire_UK
Gaarder-Larsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Berkshire_UK,

Greetings from Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya, thank you very much for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. Having direct guest feedback is a great way for us to make sure we keep focus on your needs as a guest in our hotel.

Upon reading your comments I’m happy that it seems you enjoyed your stay with us and planning to return back to Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya. Our pool is limited and is more of a place for our guests to cool off during the warm Riyadh summers, than a place to do your exercise laps. It makes me very proud that you found our staff helpful and friendly and I also appreciate your comments on our rooms and breakfast. We strive to ensure our staffs know how much we value business from our loyal guests..

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Riyadh and Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya next week and thanking you once again for valuable comments.