“great Value”

Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya
Ranked #9 of 226 Hotels in Riyadh
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Good Location, great value for money. The hotel is centrally located in the business district of Olaya in Riyadh close vicinity to many shopping centers and Offices. Restaurant offers fabulous Breakfast. and the net connectivity over wifi was excellent.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Gaarder-Larsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear Ilyasbaig,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor.

Upon reading your review I'm happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and I’d like to thank you for commending our location, breakfast and Internet. We do pride ourselves on our high level of service and facilities, and I'm very content to see that our continuous training and focus on service delivery has a positive effect.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and I look forward to welcome you back to Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya in the not to distant future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have stayed twice over the last 3 months at the HGI, Riyadh.

First impressions are not that good as the hotel is situated in the city centre on a main road. The reception is very "brown" and not that inviting.

However, the staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are of a good size and on my second stay I got upgraded to a two bedroom suite which was accordingly large and spacious.

The breakfasts are excellent with a wide selection of western and middle-eastern foods. The waiting staff are exceptionally helpful and the omelette bar is good (albeit a bit slow sometimes).
Dinner is ok, nothing special, but you are within easy distance of some good restaurants.

The pool is disappointing, in that it never seems to get any direct sun and is above ground, like a domestic pool you would have at home. The second time I was at the HGI it was actually closed for a refurb so next time I go back I hope it will be more inviting.

Overall, a nice hotel with very friendly staff and I will be back next week.

Room Tip: Make sure you have the address as many taxi drivers don't know where the hotel is despite it bei...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Berkshire_UK
Gaarder-Larsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Berkshire_UK,

Greetings from Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya, thank you very much for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. Having direct guest feedback is a great way for us to make sure we keep focus on your needs as a guest in our hotel.

Upon reading your comments I’m happy that it seems you enjoyed your stay with us and planning to return back to Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya. Our pool is limited and is more of a place for our guests to cool off during the warm Riyadh summers, than a place to do your exercise laps. It makes me very proud that you found our staff helpful and friendly and I also appreciate your comments on our rooms and breakfast. We strive to ensure our staffs know how much we value business from our loyal guests..

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Riyadh and Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya next week and thanking you once again for valuable comments.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 6, 2013

My stay was 3 days for business purpose. I’ve arrived to hotel at night with my colleague, the hotel was so quiet and the duty manager (Hesham) was in reception. He was so professional in welcoming us and he upgraded our rooms to higher class as we’ve requested non-smoking room. He gave us a 20% discounts for hotel’s restaurants.

Room was spacious and bed was comfortable. Internet was complementary and speed was fine. The only problem was the view to inside the building where what you see is only very noisy central A\C units.

Breakfast and Lunch were great and all the staff there was well trained.

Room Tip: Ask for room with city view. Don't go for rooms with building internal view, they are noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Mohdmh
Gaarder-Larsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Mohdmh,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya during your visit to Riyadh, and for taking time to share your review with us.

Your positive comments on the services, facilities and our staff are highly appreciated. It is our goal to make sure you have the most exceptional guest experience possible. We emphasize a lot on our team member training and are proud of our empowerment project; it’s satisfactory to hear that our team has managed to impress you with their attitude and service.

Mohdmh, let me once again thank you for your feedback and I would be very happy to welcome you back to Riyadh and Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya in the future.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed December 31, 2012

OK, writing a review on a hotel in riyadh is not like writing for a resort in Thailand ...
But I have stayed a huge number of times there
and for the area - Olaya - its a very good ratio quality vs price
and one of the things I loved is how responsive the guys were
one of the few hotels who actually answer to your emails
when you know them they can book you without credit card etc just on an email
they are really nice and dedicated
quality of the food has been down a bit before they had a huge sea food buffet, now its no more the case, so in the evening I dont recommend to eat there its too expensive but the stay + breakfast is really ok for the area
try to get upper floor rooms much better and more quiet!

Room Tip: ask for upper floor rooms and upgrades
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank laurent t
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Good staff and clean hotel, good breakfast and close to all business centers. The gym is well equipped. Next door is a laundry facility that can help you in a couple of hours. Little supermaket next door to the hotel.
Great a/c and quiet rooms.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ericthepilot
Reviewed December 2, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn Olaya is a pleasant place to stay. The check-in was very professional and the staff were courteous.The rooms were normal size and clean. The buffet breakfast had variety, was hot and enjoyable. Wireless internet is free. We will be back.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on a higher floor to avoid street noise
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Gaarder-Larsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Dear cdmack,

I would like to start by thanking you for taking time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor, our guest’s direct feedback like yours helps us to review our guest service efforts and improve the facilities.

Upon reading your comments I’m happy that it seems you enjoyed your stay with us and planning to return back to Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya. We do strive to offer the best possible value for money. Your positive comments on check-in, staff, rooms and breakfast are highly appreciated. We strive every day to ensure our guests enjoy wonderful service and have a marvellous time at our hotel and it is encouraging when someone to tell us they did just that.

cdmack, let me once again thank you for staying with us while in Riyadh, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Riyadh and Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya again shortly.

Warm regards,

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Rather new so make sure the driver knows which Hilton to go to. On Olaya Road, opposite the Holiday Inn seems to work. Smooth check in. Best food feature is that you have a choice of buffet or a la carte...I don't like being stuck with only the buffet. It is definitely 3 star. Room is good for the price although little annoyances get boring after days. Adjustable mattress and working thermostats are pluses. Thanks for the free wireless. Fitness room has a good range of working equipment. Nice staff throughout. Useful supermarket next door takes care of all household and snack needs if 24 hour room service isn't enough.

Room Tip: Away from main streets; away from construction noise. Functioning windows.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Jean A,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while in Riyadh and for taking time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I’m very happy to learn from your review that you enjoy your time with us, and it’s great to see that you value our features and our great staff. They all strive to make sure our guests enjoy an exceptional guest experience.

Thank you once again for taking time to review our hotel, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Riyadh and Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya again in a not too distant future.

Kind regards,