“Excellent option in downtown Riyadh”

Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya
Ranked #9 of 218 Hotels in Riyadh
Bloomington, Minnesota
“Excellent option in downtown Riyadh”
Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

I spent two nights at this property this week during a business trip to Riyadh. The checkin process was efficient and the service was outstanding. The room was clean and comfortable and the fitness center is nicely equipped. Internet is free and fast. What more could a business traveler ask for? Very nice job.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Lancburm
Gaarder-Larsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Dear Lancburm,

Ramadan Greetings! I would like to thank you for taking time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor and I appreciate your positive comments on the services and facilities.

Upon reading your review I am glad to find that you have enjoyed your visit with us in Riyadh.

Once again thank you for reviewing our hotel and I look forward to welcome you back to Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya.

Haakon Gaarder-Larsen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2012

All through my week long stay, I received a high level of service from the conscientious and friendly staff. The rooms were welcoming and large. The food menu provides a choice for most tastes and the quality is good, although the prices are relatively high.
The overall rate for the room was well priced and I would definitely consider staying here again on my next trip to the Middle East.

Room Tip: If the A/C seems too loud, contact the maintenance team - who quickly sorted my noisy A/C out.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank F J
Gaarder-Larsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear F J,

Ramadan Greetings! Please allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I’m very happy to learn from your review that you enjoy your time with us, and it’s great to see that you value some of our great features and services and it also makes me very proud that my staffs were very helpful and friendly with you.

Thank you very much and I’ll make sure to share your review with the entire team and I look forward to welcome you back to Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya again shortly.

Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Just returned from my first trip to Riyadh, and had an enjoyable stay at this hotel in Olaya. I had arranged with the hotel to pick me up from the airport and this was a very welcome limo service in a nice airconditioned car!

The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful on my arrival (Nour), and made my reception and check-in a smooth process.

The room (322) as very clean and comfortable with two queen beds, with adjustable comfort levels. Nice Sony 32" TV and fridge to cool off my two bottles of complimentary water! Only minor gripe (which I forgot to mention to the hotel) was a awful stench coming from the sink in my bathroom.

One of the biggest plus points for me was the complimentary wireless internet. Being able to use my laptop/phone/tablet during my stay was a huge bonus, so big thumbs up!

Used their small but function fitness room with a couple of treadmills, bikes and free weights. There is also a small outdoor pool that is shaded from the sun quite a lot. Had a nice morning swim on my first morning, but my foot did fall through one of the wooden slats. The cleaner saw this and offered to clean my ankle with an antiseptic wipe and report the issue to the maintenance dept :) So was pleased to see the slat had been replaced the next day.

The main restaurant is clean and functional with a mixture of menu and buffet selection for breakfast and evening meal. The waiting staff were excellent in there, and would offer an explanation of what's on offer in the buffet. One guy called Wilson, was extremely friendly and helpful, and showed a crepe novice like myself how to make one! :) Great guy as they all were to be honest.

Overall, a very enjoyable and pleasurable stay at the Hilton, and as I'm due to go back to Riyadh again later this year, I'll definitely be looking a a second stay at the Hilton.

Room Tip: Ask for the 'sea view' :) lol
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jonah2000
Gaarder-Larsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya, responded to this review, June 16, 2012
Dear Jonah2000,

I highly appreciate your feedback given on TripAdvisor, getting direct feedback through TripAdvisor is a great way for us to secure we’re focusing on your needs as a guest in our hotel.

Thank you very much for your detailed review of the hotel, its facilities and our staff. We pride ourselves on our level of service and I’m happy to that we’ve managed to make your stay pleasant one.

Dear Jonah2000, let me once again thank you for staying with us while in Riyadh, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Riyadh and Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya in a not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

The stay was well for the money spent. Room service: pizza is as good as pizza roma or la piazza! Room was clean, small but comfy. Nevertheless we are here to sleep. I hope the breakfast tomorrow is way better than the others!

• Stayed June 2012
Gaarder-Larsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
Dear Nelledo,

Please allow me to thank you for taking time to review Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya on Tripadvisor.

Tripadvisor is valuable tool that allows us to gain first hand feedback about our performance hence allowing us to monitor and further enhance our services by focusing on your needs as a guest in the hotel.

Upon reading your review I was happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us in Riyadh.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and I look forward welcoming you back to Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya in the near future.

Kind regards,

Geneva2009
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Pretty standard with small gym. Ok for business travel.
Attention: try to avoid any room with 01, such as 201, 301 etc. they have a direct view to ... A concrete wall.
Staff at breakfast and diner very friendly

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Geneva2009,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to Riyadh and Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya. I’m very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for commending our Team Members.

Our Gym isn’t the biggest one around, but we feel we’ve managed to equip it to fulfil the needs of most travellers with an array of cardiovascular, cross trainers, free weights and modular weight units are all Precor branded equipment

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and I look forward to welcome you back to Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya in the not to distant future.

Warm regards,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 4, 2012

this hotel has good service and seems relatively well-managed

for the standard rates I would expect much more in Dubai or elsewhere

the breakfast here is good but they serve some sort of cardamon coffee which is just awful

overall hotel is quite decent

Room Tip: rooms on lower floors must have better water pressure than top floors?
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Saint77777,

Thank you for staying at Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya and for spending time reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I’m sorry you found our guestrooms were not up to your expectations, we’re continually looking for ways to improve on our facilities and I’m happy to inform you that we’re about to start on a soft refurbishment of our guest rooms later this summer. I appreciate your positive comments on our service and breakfast. Guest feedback is crucial in our quest for continued progress of our service delivery, and only by focusing on our guests needs will we be able to succeed in that quest.

Saint77777, let me once again thank you for your feedback and I would be very happy to welcome you back to Riyadh and Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya in the future

Hedingen, Switzerland
Reviewed May 22, 2012

All at this place is old and used and dusty. And this had nothing to do with the sandstorm we had. If it was not a Hilton, I might have forgiven them... but I expected something else.

The food is not good either. There was always the feeling of 'Will I be fine afterwards?'. History proved I was, however if food just serves the purpose of filling the stomach and does not provide any pleasure, does it make sense to eat?

One positive, leaving earlier was not an issue. They let me use the room until 6pm without additional charge.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Gaarder-Larsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear Otar-Unterwegs,

Please allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I’m profoundly sorry to learn that you found your experience where less than satisfactory. We do strive to exceed all our guests expectations, and we take pride in our high level of service. Clearly weren’t able to satisfy you during your stay for which I’m truly sorry.

Dear Otar-Unterwegs, I appreciate how your opinion of our services have been affected by your last experience and I can only humbly request that you would give us another change to rectify your trust in our service level. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly using my email address haakon.gaarder-larsen@hilton.com or by calling the hotel at +96612935533.

Sincerely yours,