All reviews mirror image close to the airport business hotel business trip bed and pillows reception staff breakfast buffet is shopping mall short stay special thanks gym internet granada tennis traffic saudi pros
Selected filters
Reviewed April 26, 2019

As a first time visitor in Riyadh, the staff at the hotel were very friendly and made my stay very pleasant.
I asked for directions to go to a mall and the driver was courteous enough to drop me off at the mall on his way to pick up some guests without any charge. He even showed me which taxi to take back.
The rooms were neat and the food very delicious.

Date of stay: April 2019
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel several times over the last few years. Not the friendliness of the staff but unfortunately the cleanliness of the rooms is degrading. A non smoking room which smells like old cigarette smoke is not worth staying in again.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh Izdihar, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2019

Hi Roger S,

Thank you for being a loyal guest and sharing your honest feedback. I'm glad you found our staff service to your liking. I understand your stay was not 100% satisfactory, and I'm sorry about the inconvenience you had with the lingering smell of smoke in the room you received.

The feedback you have provided gives us the opportunity to continually improve our service and is appreciated. If you do decide to return and grant us another opportunity to host you, which I sincerely hope that you do, please reach out to our manager on duty. I will make sure that our team will be more dedicated to paying closer attention to all our guests' needs and requests to ensure a more enjoyable visit.

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed April 2, 2019

Everything was okay - rooms, beds, cleanliness, wifi, etc, but I was distinctly underwhelmed and will try somewhere else in future. However, the breakfasts were good with a broad spread and some decent food.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh Izdihar, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2019

Hi paulg262,

I am glad that you found some aspects of our hotel to be good like the rooms and our breakfast. Despite this, I was still concerned that you were somehow underwhelmed during your stay. Sorry for any problems you had and I understand your sentiments. I'll let our entire team know about your review so we can take a closer look at the areas that needs improvement.

Thank you for staying and for the candid review and I hope we get another chance to host you again so we can show the joy of travel.

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed March 14, 2019 via mobile

I liked the gym and pool here. Never crowded during the week. Staff are friendly. Food is mainly buffet and good selection. They have good themed nights which makes long stays more interesting . Very pricey but that’s Riyadh!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2019

Stayed 5 nights on business in this hotel paid for by the client with offices nearby. I mention that, because there is little other reason to stay in this area. The hotel is strangely split by a road and each side of the road is just about a mirror image of the other side. This doesn't appear to be a workers and VIPs split and allocation of rooms appeared random. The downside of the East Side rooms is that the Dining Room is only open for breakfast, not dinner - so you have to go over the road to eat in the evening.

And it is worth eating in the hotel - little incentive to go out and find a restaurant in the area. The restaurant has a themed menu each evening - Indian, Moroccan, Italian and BBQ while I was there. Each evening was excellent as a buffet and there is still the option to choose from the full menu if you want a steak. There was a surcharge for the barbecue - a bit too much at 75R when the buffet was still running with a good selection as well.
Breakfast in the part I was living in was very good - my personal hatred of eggs kept under hot lights wasn't present and there was a chef in charge of fresh eggs making delicious omelettes, etc.
The room was....................adequate. VERY noisy road outside, ironically cancelled out by the noise of the air conditioning in the room!
No noise from other rooms. Slightly tired looking decor with a loose electric socket b y the bed and a dripping crack in the sink (reported).

All in all, a pleasant stay with good service and above average food at a reasonable price.

Room tip: Ask for a room away from the main road.
Date of stay: January 2019