“first and last stay in this hotel”

Holiday Inn Riyadh Izdihar
Ranked #27 of 225 Hotels in Riyadh
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This was my first and last time in this Hotel.The room needs some remodernization as well as the poor managment. My room was upgraded as an platinum member to executive but this was the only positiv thing on that stay.
On my bed were long black hairs which are not from the male cleaners or myself as well after asking to reclean room more were laying around in my bath room. My airco failed in the middle of the first night, left me in noisy and sticky room. The repair was done and on the third night failed again, gladly around 10pm and a technician fixed it before midnight, so much to a good night sleep.My daily fruit basket for platinum members was forgotten on second and third day to bring and asking the waiter to do so was rewarded with no comment. Not even an extra water bottle was given to me after returning from the gym and passing the evening cleaner crew in front of my room.
The manager was not available or bussy , I tried to contact him three times one time I was waiting for 45 min, but not even a message or a phone call. At leas the night shift manager in the check out tried to be polite and took the breakfasts from my bill , thank you.
For me the worst Holiday Inn stay in Middle East and I am glad there are other IHG hotels to choose for future stays in Riyadh.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Michel J, Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh Izdihar, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us.

Indeed please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you have experienced during your stay. Please rest assured that I have discussed the matter with my team and necessary actions have been taken.

Should your future travel ever bring you back to Riyadh, it would be my pleasure, if you could drop me a few lines in advance as it would be my pleasure to personally reinstate your trust towards Holiday Inn Izdihar, Riyadh.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Unusual hotel spread across two campuses on either side of a road - the check-in process therefore involved a slightly scary ride in a tiny golf cart across the road which was thankfully not so full of traffic. Still involved dodging a couple of cars being driven Saudi-style :)

The room is large and comfortable, and service comes promptly with a smile. WiFi is surprisingly good, fast and did not involve stupid passwords. Those are the positive points.

While there are no negatives as such, it is obvious that some of the staff are still wet behind the ears - the chap who took the authorisation on my credit card also asked for my signature on the slip, which was unusual and I had to specifically ask for my slip back.

Sleep quality was pretty bad - the a/c while effective is extremely noisy, and pillows too hard. A call to housekeeping for a softer pillow as advertised in the service card on the bed resulted in yet another hard pillow coming through. All in all, I didnt really enjoy sleeping here.

Food is about average fare, nothing out of the ordinary.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Michel J, Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh Izdihar, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Holiday Inn Izdihar, Riyadh experience with us via TripAdvisor.

If we can do anything to make your future stays more comfortable, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Well situated near AirPort and fair, this hotel is also near the highway and the noise of cars. This is the only negative reason I found. Service very good and smiles everywhere from the personnel. The room is very good.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent stay experience with us. We greatly appreciate comments given by our guest and constantly strive to achieve highest quality of standards.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the Holiday Inn Izdihar, Riyadh whenever your travel brings you back to Riyadh and if I can be in any of your assistance please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

During my business trip to Saudi ,one night I stayed here,It was very nice.Rooms are fine and of good size.All the staff were friendly. Had a nice breakfast.Room was with free wifi and it worked well.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Michel J, Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh Izdihar, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Izdihar, Riyadh and for sharing your kind feedback.

We look forward to welcome you back at the Holiday Inn Izdihar, Riyadh.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed here three times and the rooms and hotel are in need of a refresh. The rooms are a good size and staff friendly. Has an ok pool and sun deck but it is intimidating after 12 noon prayers at weekends when local families arrive for the day. Time for a fast exit! Well equipped gym unlike the restaurant which is a little dull. Good if you are working nearby otherwise out on a limb.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Michel J, Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh Izdihar, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us which is fully noted.
We greatly appreciate valuable comments made by our guest for us to constantly improve our services and guest satisfaction.

Should travel bring you back to Riyadh, please do not hesitate to contact my office to make sure that it will be a memorable one.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I visited this hotel on business and found the service and amenities very good. The staff were friendly and attentive. The rooms were well proportioned with good air conditioning (Room 2009). It was nice to have free wifi connection, which worked well.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Michel J, Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh Izdihar, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for the complements, comments like this makes me proud as a Manager in this hotel.

Should your future travel bring you back to Riyadh, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly (michel.jreij@ihg.com)

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed for two nights in the Holiday Inn, Izdihar, no complaints really. After living in Saudi for two years we have got used to slow service, so we just kind of accept it really. The rooms are typical Holiday Inn standard, comfy bed, ONE THING TO MENTION ( now i remember), the sheets were terrible.......you know when you wash a cotton shirt too many times and it becomes all kind of " knobbley" with little balls of rolled up cotton? All of the sheets and pillow cases were like that, very uncomfortable......generally the Holiday Inn prides itself on comfortable beds ( the BEDS) were comfy, the sheets not.
The executive room we had was typicsl of Holiday Inn worldwide, kettle, iron, safe etc, so all good really. Location is good, right next door to Almarai office..and 10 minutes drive into town.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Michel J, Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh Izdihar, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your detailed experience during your stay with us. I am pleased that you still have overall enjoyed your stay with us.

I have carefully noted your comments and will make sure that it will be properly address and action.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you will have any future trip to Riyadh.