“Super location”

Ranked #25 of 225 Hotels in Riyadh
Reviewed February 5, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Yasser_Ahmed, General Manager at Novotel Al Anoud, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Very friendly and nice business hotel located in the heart of downtown Riyadh. The rooms are spacious with enough room for all your belongings. Unfortunately, close to a mosque, that wakes you up in the early morning for prayer time.
The Novotel has a very good breakfast buffet in an open and bright breakfast room. The stuff is friendly and supportive. We could not get a taxi, so they gave us a ride with one of their own rental cars.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Yasser_Ahmed, General Manager at Novotel Al Anoud, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Dear Metatraveller,

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Riyadh Al Anoud. We appreciate you sharing such nice comments here on tripadvisor. I’m delighted to know that you received the wonderful service that Novotel team prides itself on. I will certainly relay your nice comments to our hotel team who will be very delighted to hear your positive feedback.

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon on your next trip to Riyadh.

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

I am getting used to the Hotel. Room service menu is really good! Close to Kingdom Mall, and located close to major businesses in Riyadh.

The views are not that great, but then I don't think you will find a hotel with a great view in Riyadh.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Yasser_Ahmed, General Manager at Novotel Al Anoud, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Mr. Elyafi,

Thank you for staying with us at Novotel Al Anoud Riyadh - We appreciate you sharing and posting such nice comments here on tripadvisor. I’m delighted to know that you received the wonderful service that Novotel prides itself on. I will certainly relay your nice comments to our hotel team who will be very delighted to hear your positive feedback.

Thank you again, and we look forward to your return visit in the near future.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I have stayed in many Novotels around the world and i have to say that this Novotel is probably the best. Excellent service, didn't have any problems with internet and since i excersize regularly i enjoyed the gym aswell.

If/when i go back to Riyadh i will definately stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LaMeraj
Yasser_Ahmed, General Manager at Novotel Al Anoud, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear LaMeraj,

Thank you for staying with us at Novotel Al Anoud Hotel Riyadh and sharing such nice comments here on tripadvisor about the Hotel.

Our primary goal continues to be complete satisfaction of our guests and it is always a great joy for us to receive positive feedback like yours. I will certainly share your thoughts feedback with the hotel team, which is always happy to be appreciated for their efforts.

Thank you once again and we look forward to hosting you again at Novotel Al Anoud on your next trip to Riyadh.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stayed at the Novotel Riyadh for 3 x nights on business in November 2013. This was my first trip to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, though not my first to the Middle East.

The hotel is average. Let's consider the not so good sides first of all... The wifi is awful - very slow, and so much so that you can't Skype home with a video connection (important for me and my wife whilst I'm working away), and you can't watch YouTube to keep yourself amused of an evening.

The meeting room I had (I ran a 3-day meeting sited in the hotel) was rather dimly lit, and this certainly did not help the ambience and atmosphere of the course - at a time when I had challenges with local culture anyway.

On a more positive note, the staff on reception were always helpful, and standards of English were fluent (sorry, but I speak no Arabic at all!). I found the buffet food in the restaurant at breakfast, lunch and (on one evening) dinner I to be fine. I'm not normally one for sweets, but there's no doubt that this Region knows well how to produce delicate and tasty small items.. they just looked too good to resist and I'm glad that I didn't! I was surprised how critical the delegates on the course I was running were though, explaining that they enjoy really good food and that their expectations are very high. As I say though, I found the food fine, if not the upper side of fine. Restaurant service was attentive.

My room itself was fine - but of an average 3* hotel maybe verging on a 4*, not a 5*! Comfy bed. My one gripe here would be the bathroom, which was a little dated.

The acid test is the question: "Would I be willing to stay again?"... and the answer to that is "Yes". Equally though, if recommended by someone in the know, I'd be equally pleased to try somewhere new.

So nothing badly wrong (apart from the dreadful wifi, which I understand is the case always in Saudi Arabia), but there again nothing impressively 'right' either...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear TAG_the_Traveller,

Thank you for staying with us at Novotel Al Anoud Riyadh and for posting your comments here on tripadvisor. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the service provided by the Front Desk and the Food & beverage Team of the hotel. I will certainly forward your comments to all concerned as it will go a long way to encourage them to do better. While I am pleased with your comments about the above points I must admit that I am equally concerned about the other not so satisfactory points highlighted in your review. We have taken them on board and we will work to improve them for your future stay to meetyour expectations.

Our goal continues to be the utmost satisfaction of our guests, and it is always a great joy for us to receive positive feedback. I will make sure to share your feedback with our team, which is always happy to be rewarded for their efforts and contribute in the areas where we fall short of our guests' expectations.

Thank you once again for sharing your comments. We look forward to your return visit in the near future.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Perfectly reasonable hotel with a great location - only thing is that there is nothing special about it - too many things are a bit ordinary. Food is OK but lacks variety and, in the bedroom, lamp and fridge did not work properly and toilet flush did not work properly. Room service food is less good - things are overcooked - and they have an annoying habit of running out of things, like hot chocolate, too regularly. Staff are friendly and willing to please - restaurant staff, in particular, were great - very willing, friendly and pretty efficient.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Yasser_Ahmed, General Manager at Novotel Al Anoud, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Charles S,

Many thanks for your detailed review of hotel services and facilities. I am delighted to know that you received the wonderful and friendly service from staff that Novotel prides itself on. I will relay your nice comments to our team who will be very delighted. As for your room and food experiences at our hotel, I’m dismayed to learn that they weren't up to your expectations due to the clear reasons mentioned in your review.

If ever we fail to provide our guests with the service they deserve we are disappointed. I recognize that we work in an intensely competitive marketplace and that we can only succeed by consistently providing superior service. We take great pride in providing good dining experience for our clients regardless of the outlet. I would be grateful for the opportunity to speak with you directly and wish to invite you to e-mail me at h6532-gm@accor.com.

We hope you will once again think of Novotel Al Anoud Riyadh when you return to Riyadh. It would be a pleasure to host you and make up for the inconvenience caused on this occasion. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

The hotel does not have the style and services of 5 star hotel. Hardly you can get a service on time. The only good thing about the hotel is its location, but also you can find much cheaper hotels just 5-10 minutes walk. If you are coming to work, then you will face an Internet problem as it is not fast enough and not stable. So if you are coming for work and do not want to get frustrated by the Internet, then better look for another hotel, which actually I did. I got a better hotel with 20% cheaper price. Simply it is extremely expensive compared to 5 star hotels that are very close to it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Yasser_Ahmed, General Manager at Novotel Al Anoud, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Sisa9999,

Thank you for your open review posted here, concerning your stay at Novotel Al Anoud Riyadh. While we are disappointed to learn of your less than enjoyable visit, we also value your comments tremendously as it allows us to review and improve in the areas highlighted in your review.

Although we have to accept that mistakes do happen, it is equally important that we state how sorry we are for the inconvenience experienced on this occasion. We at Novotel strive to provide good value for money though on this occasion clearly there is room to improve.

Please know that is not standard service here and is something we will work to ensure that we improve on. We'd love another chance to create a memorable experience for you and do hope you’ll give Novotel Al Anoud Riyadh another chance to impress. If you feel comfortable with connecting with me directly at, h6532-gm@accor.com, I would very much like to do so. This will allow us to follow up on each aspect of your stay.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to connecting with you soon.