“Nice hotel to Stay in Makkah”
Review of Mercure Hibatullah

Mercure Hibatullah
Ranked #134 of 372 Hotels in Mecca
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I found this hotel very good value for the money. Its located near Al Haram masjid and offers spectacular views of haram, Umm Al Quira road and Ibrahim Kahaleel road. there is loads construction actives going nearby so a bit noisy. Staff are nice at the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Seefan007
Mushtaq1985, Director of Sales at Mercure Hibatullah, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Greetings:
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Hibatullah. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.
Sales & marketing

Reviewed May 20, 2013

The hotel is clean and close to the Harem, only drawback is that the shuttle service frequency is not very good and needs improvement. Non-smoking rules are also voilated, but see that it is a normal in Saudi Arabia.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Mushtaq1985, Manager at Mercure Hibatullah, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Average hotel, almost all guests are Turkish. No breakfast in the hotel. Quite near the Haram and transportation is good to and from Haram.
there is wifi in the hotel but only in the reception area. The rooms are quite clean and the hotel too. I have booked a room for 2 and they gave us a room for 3, nice from them.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Amine T
Mushtaq1985, Director of Sales at Mercure Hibatullah, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Reviewed February 9, 2013

My main reason for booking this room was the price offer as well as the proximity to the Grand Mosque (around 10minutes walk including an uphill walk on the flyover which maybe challenging during the heat).
I didn't stay overnight at the hotel as I stayed with relatives but I used the room for midday breaks away from the hustle and crowds in Makkah as it can be difficult to use the variable public transport.
I noted that the hotel has a shuttle to the Grand Mosque for prayers which is useful but I didnt use it so cant really comment on it nor did I use the food facilities.
The downsides are that the rooms were ok but tired however with the the sheer numbers and turnover times I would not be surprised as Makkah probably has the highest hotel room occupancy rates & turnover in the world within such a small area.
I would recommend this hotel for those who want a place reasonably close from the Grand Mosque especially if they dont intend to spend too much time in the hotel; possibly best suited with young travellers travelling alone or not too bothered about hotel luxuries etc.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank SudaniUK
Mushtaq1985, Manager at Mercure Hibatullah, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Greetings:

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Hibatullah. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Sales & marketing

Reviewed February 4, 2013

the best thing in this hotel is his location near to the Haram ( ka'aba ) just 400 m . also there is a bus every prayer time to Haram ... nothing more but htey have to respect the visitors littile bit . again , I believe there are many guests have complains about the front desk services

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank azooz_844
Mushtaq1985, Manager at Mercure Hibatullah, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Pros
Location is very good, clean room.
Check in was quick
Good value for money, I booked two
Cons
The bus to haram did not operate all day and not very frequently
They don't have transportation to Jeddah Airport and did not help much in that

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank hnawar

Reviewed August 4, 2012

It's a 3 stars hotel and it near the haram it's about 900 meters it's clean and it have parking for cars also and there are a resturant in it and the hot drinks for free in this hotel and a wifi in the reception and the majlis it's awesome hotel I give it 4 from 5

• Stayed: August 2012