“Average hotel”
Review of Mercure Hibatullah

Mercure Hibatullah
Ranked #139 of 378 Hotels in Mecca
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Average hotel, almost all guests are Turkish. No breakfast in the hotel. Quite near the Haram and transportation is good to and from Haram.
there is wifi in the hotel but only in the reception area. The rooms are quite clean and the hotel too. I have booked a room for 2 and they gave us a room for 3, nice from them.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Amine T
Mushtaq1985, Director of Sales at Mercure Hibatullah, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Greetings:
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Hibatullah. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

My main reason for booking this room was the price offer as well as the proximity to the Grand Mosque (around 10minutes walk including an uphill walk on the flyover which maybe challenging during the heat).
I didn't stay overnight at the hotel as I stayed with relatives but I used the room for midday breaks away from the hustle and crowds in Makkah as it can be difficult to use the variable public transport.
I noted that the hotel has a shuttle to the Grand Mosque for prayers which is useful but I didnt use it so cant really comment on it nor did I use the food facilities.
The downsides are that the rooms were ok but tired however with the the sheer numbers and turnover times I would not be surprised as Makkah probably has the highest hotel room occupancy rates & turnover in the world within such a small area.
I would recommend this hotel for those who want a place reasonably close from the Grand Mosque especially if they dont intend to spend too much time in the hotel; possibly best suited with young travellers travelling alone or not too bothered about hotel luxuries etc.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank SudaniUK
Mushtaq1985, Manager at Mercure Hibatullah, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Greetings:

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Hibatullah. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Sales & marketing

Reviewed February 4, 2013

the best thing in this hotel is his location near to the Haram ( ka'aba ) just 400 m . also there is a bus every prayer time to Haram ... nothing more but htey have to respect the visitors littile bit . again , I believe there are many guests have complains about the front desk services

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank azooz_844
Mushtaq1985, Manager at Mercure Hibatullah, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Pros
Location is very good, clean room.
Check in was quick
Good value for money, I booked two
Cons
The bus to haram did not operate all day and not very frequently
They don't have transportation to Jeddah Airport and did not help much in that

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank hnawar

Reviewed August 4, 2012

It's a 3 stars hotel and it near the haram it's about 900 meters it's clean and it have parking for cars also and there are a resturant in it and the hot drinks for free in this hotel and a wifi in the reception and the majlis it's awesome hotel I give it 4 from 5

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Went with elderly relative who is wheel chair bound and although the hotel has an incline to reach haram, there is plenty of free transport available. The hotel amenities are decent and the staff are very friendly and helpful.

The down side is that the rooms are not serviced daily and the request is not immediately dealt with, but it gets done. The rating of 5 star raring is not applicable but it does meet the requirement for ummrah and is coveniently located with exception of the incline which can be challenege for mobility impaired.

Room Tip: Excellent for families that do not have elderly with mobility problems are very small children
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Abdul7829

Reviewed March 28, 2012

Hotel is very near to Al Haram.Hotel Manager very helpful.Rooms are neat and clean.We went with our 1 year old baby but still had no problems,hotel staff were friendly and helpful.Bus service provided by the hotel was always available.Next time we will hopefully again stay in Mercure Hibatullah.

• Stayed: March 2012