“mohammed kash” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Elaf Al Multaqa

Elaf Al Multaqa
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mecca
Elaf Al Multaqa
Ranked #136 of 337 Hotels in Mecca
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“mohammed kash”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 5 night in April the hotel is nice and close to al haram but they need to pay more attention on cleaning the room but if you ask the waiters to clean your room they do it straight away in my experience if you give some tips to the cleaner then they take bit extra care of you this is my experience overall the hotel staffs are friendly

Room Tip: Front view is nice
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank abdul k

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Arabic first
Silver Spring, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed in this hotel during my stay in Makkah for Umrah (5 nights). I arrived via Jeddah airport around 8 AM in the morning. The first thing that went bad was that the hotel did not have adequate staff. I had to haul my luggage up the ramp to the hotel lobby. The hotel policy is to start check-in around 3 PM. My kids (4 & 6) were exhausted when we got to the hotel and I requested the front desk to see if they can allow me an early check-in or charge me for an extra day. The first issue was that none of the staff spoke English nor did they understood anything. Their response was that I had no reservations with them. I frantically called my agent who then called the hotel and found out that the reservation was there. I had my travel agent talk to the front desk but they kept repeating the same thing that I did not have any reservation. I stayed in the lobby from 8 AM through 3:30 PM till they finally by pure magic found my reservation and allowed me to check-in. Throughout this time I kept seeing large groups checking out and leaving the hotel so it was hard for me to believe that in an 18 storied hotel there wasnt a single room they could have allowed me to check in. I went to the room and the room was very small with 4 individual beds. The lights in the lamps were missing and most of the furniture had plastic wrapped over it. I tried calling the front desk several times throughout my stay by dialing zero but no one ever answered (thats multiple times during a day and I stayed for 5!!). The cleaning service time was between 12 & 6 and due to the time zone difference my kids were generally asleep at that time. I requested the cleaning crew if they can swing by later lets say towards the end of their service and they said they would. However for 5 straight days I stayed with the same set of bedsheets and pillow cover and no cleaning in the room. The room itself was very new but the carpet was filthy covered with dust, hair & other crap that stayed there from previous stays. The bathroom was clean and the shower was great. The hotel had no WiFi or internet service (either in room or the lobby).

Bottom line - if you can avoid this hotel at all cost. They claim to be a five star hotel at the Elaf group website but I would rate them at the most 2.5 - 3 stars. The concept of customer service and compassion is non-existent and if you dont speak Arabic you better know sign language really well cos these guys wont get simple requests like room service, money exchange, check-in/out, etc.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel if you can
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Aahmed79

Travelers are raving about these Mecca hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

First they got our names for our booking wrong. Then we realised that the 5stars were actually just made up! I've been in nicer 3/4 stars in Europe and US. They didn't clean or refresh our toiletries or towels whilst we were there! The room had a kettle, fridge but no iron or complementary tea or coffee etc which is what one would expect from a 3 star let alone 5 star. There wasn't even wifi or laundry
Device. The good thing was that it was close to the haram about 10 mins walk and it was large and open. Our room did have a tv and good a/c and breakfast was good with
A variety of different types of breakfast from olives, chillies, hubz, cheeses and other dishes we couldn't identify to good old tea, cornflakes, croissants and juice. So as a 4 star it ticks most boxes, but as 5 star not worth it!

• Stayed March 2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was stay in this hotel during my umra trip on feb 2013. This is a new 4 (or 5 ) star hotel, Huge hotel with about 1800 rooms. Very busy of many people moving around. The Lobby very big and complete with many sets of furniture. Access to the room, they have different lift for the odd floor and Even floor you have to watch it carefully. But they have lift in the right side of the building justbin front of Lobby in the other side that can stop in every floor.
Room is modern and clean with enough space. The bed and pillow also comfortable. The AC, the TV, Telephone all work normally. The bathroom also clean with towel and toileteries inside. But I didnt see the house keeper clean my room every day. No wi fi or internet connection in this hotel.
Hotel location just about 300 meter from the Holy Mosque and you just walk through the street of Ajyad st.....very crowded and make sure to come early before the adzan to mosque so you can get a comfort plalce to do your pray.

Room Tip: The hotel very big, but they have enough lift in every corner
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
9 Thank Masrura R
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed in this hotel together with 7 others of family member from 17th Feb to 26th Feb 2012 during our UMRAH trip.The distance from hotel to the AlHaram Mosque is about 300m, I have no complaints on the distance, since not many hotel now within the vicinity of Haram, cleanliness is good, we stayed in quad room, the furniture is still quite new and they provide good room cleaning services upon your request. We dont really spent time in the room since the objective of thisn trip is spiritual enhancement, howver knowing that you are going back to a clean hotel is an extra motivation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank HishamZarinaAnwar
kuala lumpur
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

My and my husband travel with a group of 40 people for Umrah. Reached there at 11pm and scheduled to perform umrah at 1230 am. Worst thing happen when after we get our keys. Waited for quite some time still no one entertained us! Not even the hotel officers because TOO MANY people complaints.

We left our rooms for umrah and hoping that everything will be okay after that. We reached back our room around 3 am. And guess what? NOTHING HAPPEN. No one bother to clean our room. Not to mention, the housekeeping will only start their duty at 6 am. And the hotel assigned only 1 staff each floor. Do you know there are more that 50 rooms each floor?

Later after that we asked at the reception, which floor is our cafeteria and what time the breakfast start.. confidently he said "7 am at floor R". Somehow i dont believe him so we just went up at floor PR, at 6 am - and guess what? It is full of people who queuing up for their meal.

Bad services. I dont think any of us deserve this.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
12 Thank aladin85
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed in many 5 star hotels around the world and this is the worse I have seen. The staff and surely the owner do not care about what their guests feel about it. Mecca is a very busy place with most hotels are fully booked. People arrive their to worship and not to argue and fight. Elaf Al Multaqa is taking advantage of this to treat their guests as commodities. A 5 star hotel is not just about how it looks but should reflect 5 star service, something you dont find in this hotel. What I found in my room: a bed which is 90cm wide and 140cm long. My feet was dangling down. On sheet over the bed not fitted and can not be fitted. A light quilt which is apparently used by others with no sheet underneath. A Kettle was available not sure why hence its British plug did not fit the wall socket. There were no cups, glass, tea or coffee, nothing but the kettle. In the bathroom there was a bar of soap and head&shoulder shampoo. No telephone directory in the room to call room service, reception or otherwise to complain. Talking to the reception personally it was realized that cutlery to the rooms including cups are not available. More; the hanged pictures in our room still had the paper covering on them. BUT to top it up, during the 5 nights stay in the hotel our roomed was not attended to. No change of sheets, no bed was made and no garbage is taken away. This hotel is a market place and should not be presented as 5 stars at all. Rating it as 3 star would be a compliment. Surely I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: simply do not stay in this hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business