We decided to stay at the Intercontinental again for a weekend (last visit June 2013), and yes this is still the best hotel in Makkah! The service from reception was great and really very helpful. Anything we asked I genuinely felt that the staff wanted to do. I really can’t speak highly enough and is on par with some of the best in the UK (and easily exceeds anything KSA has to offer).
There were a few thing which I noticed had slipped from last time we stayed (possibly different rooms, cleaners etc) the bathroom sink wasn’t properly cleaned and had what looked to be white toothpaste on the sink while around the top of the sink there looked to be some mold forming. Even with these things I can’t help but still give this hotel a great review but it’s not what you expect from such a great hotel)
If the standards slip I’m sure the hotel will face some stiff competition from some of the new hotels being built in Makkah!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Dar Al Tawhid Makkah is located in front of the Holy Haram, giving most guests uninterrupted views of the city s religious centre. A number of holy shrines including the Jannat Al Moaalah Graveyard are a short walk or taxi ride away, as are the Touwah Well and the Central Business District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your InterContinental Dar Al Tawhid reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Dar Al Tawhid Hotel Mecca
- Intercontinental Hotel Mecca
- Dar Al Tawhid Intercontinental
- InterContinental Dar Al Tawhid Makkah/Mecca