“First Impression matters very much”

Makkah Hilton Hotel
Ranked #6 of 357 Hotels in Mecca
Singapore, Singapore
“First Impression matters very much”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My parents & I have had a great 8 days stay here during our Umrah trip.Everything from the room set up,shower room,amenities & facilities was amazing,from the day we C/IN on 19/03/13 to C/O on 26/03/13.

Even the International Buffet Breakfast was fabulous & delicious.The hotel location was near to Masjidil Haram was indeed a blessing.Sadly,we couldn't get the view of the Holy Mosque although we were on the 23rd floor.Our room was 2308 just next to the Fire Exit,facing only tall buildings with no view.

One thing I am disappointed was,the lack of communication from staffs at the Reception when I approached them for enquiries a coupled of times & the Operators in the Call Centre were a let down,other than that,the rest of the staffs from Housekeeping,Room Service was excellent.Wifi wasn't complimentary for a 5 star hotel.For a 24 hours usage is SAR$100 & for an International call to Singapore was SAR$24 for a minute or 3 minutes if I'm not wrong.Initially,I had to give a missed call to my husband,daughter & my siblings in Singapore in order for them to call me back at the hotel so that I could update them about my parents status & their health conditions.There are a few occasions where my husband's calls & my siblings's calls were disconnected by the operators or being transferred to another operators,when they asked their calls to be transferred to our room,not only that,even one of my siblings who can't remember our room number,tried to get in touch with us,only gave them our names but the operators couldn't understand & then hanged up.There were no greetings or salutations at all from the operators.Imagine how frustrating can it be especially when you are far away from your loved ones...I understand that the hotel are having high occupancy all year round due to people all around the world coming for Umrah daily & Hajs but no matter how buzy you can be,the sincerity,humility & hospitality in serving a guest is very important.We should be able to place ourselves in the guest's shoes,understanding their needs not avoiding the guests.I am working in the Hotel Industry too & serving in 1 of those 5 star hotel but I can place myself in my guest's shoes.First impression matters so much,Despite all that disappointment,I will ensured that I shall come & stay with Hilton again with my family.

Room Tip: Request for higher floor facing the Masjidil Haram Mosque.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Masnarjak
IbrahimAtwa, Director of Business Development at Makkah Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Madam,

Yes, first impression counts. Thank you for your salient and profound comments. We are glad to have such a loyal customer who, despite the minor negative incidents she has encountered, still believes in the Hilton. This is fabulous and reflects how much our customers are loyal to the brand. On a separate note we promise to set corrective measures to counter the few mis-happenings you have mentioned in your review. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. We pray that God accepts all your supplications.

We definitely look forward to welcoming you again and again to Makkah Hilton & Towers. Until then, please accept our regards.

Makkah Hilton & Towers.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Loved my stay here, had all what we needed in our group of 15 people with children and the elderly, nice range of shops and on the doorstep of the Kaaba which was handy with our group.
Rooms were nice with a full set up, seating area with kitchen and a nice view of the Holy Masjid.
They have villas there too but I was not sure if they were private owned or available for travellers.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank junade
IbrahimAtwa, Director of Business Development at Makkah Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Sir,

Your comments made our day. We are delighted to understand that you and your party have had an enjoyable stay. We look forward for more and more stays to come.

Please contact me for any further assistance.

Makkah Hilotn & Towers.
saudi riyad
Reviewed March 2, 2013

thanks for Makkah Hilton Business Center Staff (Faisal)
actually we have a 3 Executives rooms in 3104,,in each rooms we paid SAR 6000 and aslo we used net in the rooms SAR 100 WiFi,,, when i was visited business center to used net and print out boarding passes for our family, i was request it is possible to used free net and free printing,,, faisal tell to me yes sir with pleasure u can used complementary,,, i explain also to faisal because we have 3 rooms executive in high floors, and we paid also a lot of money,, if you can give free services,,, faisal told mr. abdullah your words is enough and thanks to your trust in makkah hilton,,, sir you our valued and regular guest any time you ca used free net in this place,,,, look this i not a matter of money but this is a matter of excellent services,,, w proud makkah hilton such as good and nice rooms and helpful staff

mr. abdullah mullah- Saudis nationality
check-in feb.27 2013
depart feb.01 2013

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank abdullahmulah
IbrahimAtwa, Director of Business Development at Makkah Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Mr. Mullah,

Thank you for your encouraging comments. Faisal will be happy to know that you have appreciated his efforts. All the Makkah Hilton & Towers team are there to serve our valuable customers. They are not just guests, but they guests of Allah.

May God accept all your prayers and supplications. We look forward to seeing you son again at Makkah Hilton & Towers.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed March 1, 2013

location is super
huge room suitable for big family compare to all Mecca Hotel
just few meter from Haram
car parking available in site with charge
shopping mall and ATM machines and place to pray and shopping center in same building

its place i sure advice to go

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank waelOufy
IbrahimAtwa, Director of Business Development at Makkah Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comments. We are happy to read your recomendations. We look forward to seeing you agian and again at Makkah Hilton & Towers. Until then, please accept our regards.

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed February 28, 2013

we are a couple ( 2 doctors from cairo, egypt ). this is the second time we stayed in this hotel, 2 successive years. great location, very near to the haram. you will also be in the tower surrounded by all kind of shops, and places to eat, so you are -in fact- in a small city, with all you need at the touch of your fingers. the staff of the hotel will do all effort they can do to make you feel so special. you will find all you need in your room. lifts are so good ( very recently renovated ), 30 floors with no problems what so ever. you will not think about anything, or need to ask for any everyday request, so all your strength, and thinking will be reserved for your main purpose -Umrah, and praying-, we do recommend staying in this hotel.

Room Tip: a room overlooking the haram would give you the best view in the world
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rafa e
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your positive comments. We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay and that you have appreciated the services provided by our team members. I understand that you have also enjoyed the hotel's facilities and its surroundings. I will definitely share your comments with all the team to boast their morale.

We pray God The Mighty to see you again and again at Makkah Hilton & Towers. Until then, please accept our regards.

durban South Africa
Reviewed February 22, 2013

we had spent a better part of ramadaan in madinah and then went onto stay at the hilton in makkah..when we had got to our room which was 1023, we found that to be too small, i then contacted the manager in the lobby foyer and asked if we could stay in room 1010 as we had stayed there in 2011, unfortunately that room was taken but we were given room 2211 and found that to be satisfactory.we have been staying here since 2007 and only last year signed up for hilton honors. inshallallah we are going to be at the hilton after ramadaan for a week and am sure that the standards will be as high as always..we thank the manager , reception and all staff at hilton..we enjoy our stay there as usual....Dr Ahmed and fatima ahmed..i will request room 2211 again hopefully we will be given same..
well recommnded

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Fatima A
IbrahimAtwa, Director of Business Development at Makkah Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Madam,

What a positive comment. Thank you for your appreciation. I will share your comments with the rest of the team. We look forward for your forthcoming stay at Makkah Hilton Hotel. Please email me your booking details nearer the time to ensure that you enjoy your stay again.

Until then, please accept our regards.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I consider the internet service as a really important aspect of the hotel review. in Hilton Makka the internet service was really disappointing, the lobby lacks the internet service, but there is a cafe half floor bellow, have a wifi service costing 60 SR per day. thats mean you have to stay @ the cafe to have a wifi connection. One more thing is that there was no wifi internet @ the rooms !! there was only a wired internet service, which was unfortunate because I didn't brought my laptop, because I thought I can use my cell phone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AL_owd
IbrahimAtwa, Director of Business Development at Makkah Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comments. Please rest assured that we are in the process of adding Wi-Fi internet access in rooms and in public areas. Hopefully you will enjoy this service the next time you stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you agian to Makkah Hilotn & Towers soon.