My parents & I have had a great 8 days stay here during our Umrah trip.Everything from the room set up,shower room,amenities & facilities was amazing,from the day we C/IN on 19/03/13 to C/O on 26/03/13.
Even the International Buffet Breakfast was fabulous & delicious.The hotel location was near to Masjidil Haram was indeed a blessing.Sadly,we couldn't get the view of the Holy Mosque although we were on the 23rd floor.Our room was 2308 just next to the Fire Exit,facing only tall buildings with no view.
One thing I am disappointed was,the lack of communication from staffs at the Reception when I approached them for enquiries a coupled of times & the Operators in the Call Centre were a let down,other than that,the rest of the staffs from Housekeeping,Room Service was excellent.Wifi wasn't complimentary for a 5 star hotel.For a 24 hours usage is SAR$100 & for an International call to Singapore was SAR$24 for a minute or 3 minutes if I'm not wrong.Initially,I had to give a missed call to my husband,daughter & my siblings in Singapore in order for them to call me back at the hotel so that I could update them about my parents status & their health conditions.There are a few occasions where my husband's calls & my siblings's calls were disconnected by the operators or being transferred to another operators,when they asked their calls to be transferred to our room,not only that,even one of my siblings who can't remember our room number,tried to get in touch with us,only gave them our names but the operators couldn't understand & then hanged up.There were no greetings or salutations at all from the operators.Imagine how frustrating can it be especially when you are far away from your loved ones...I understand that the hotel are having high occupancy all year round due to people all around the world coming for Umrah daily & Hajs but no matter how buzy you can be,the sincerity,humility & hospitality in serving a guest is very important.We should be able to place ourselves in the guest's shoes,understanding their needs not avoiding the guests.I am working in the Hotel Industry too & serving in 1 of those 5 star hotel but I can place myself in my guest's shoes.First impression matters so much,Despite all that disappointment,I will ensured that I shall come & stay with Hilton again with my family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The spectacular entrance to this grand complex adds opulent style, along with seven panoramic elevators and five elegant restaurants. Main Makkah attractions are on your doorstep including the Kaaba and the ZamZam Well, with other important Islamic holy sites less than five miles away. Find a refreshing range of on-site recreational activities, entertainment, amazing restaurants and business facilities. Located in the center of Makkah, our hotel is close to many holy sites, among which is the largest mosque in the world, the Holy Haram, and the Kaaba, the most sacred place in Islam. Pray amongst the deep Islamic history, or climb the 600 steps up the nearby Mountain of Jabal Al-Nūr to reach the Cave of Hiraa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hilton EMEA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Makkah Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Makkah Hotel Mecca
- Hilton Hotel Mecca
- Hilton Hotel Makkah
- Hilton Mecca
- Mecca Hilton
- Makkah Hilton Hotel Mecca