“Masha Allah it was cool!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Meridien Makkah

Le Meridien Makkah
Ranked #22 of 343 Hotels in Mecca
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Masha Allah it was cool!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

While heading to Mecca (Makkah) for Hajj or Umrah! Le Meridien is the best Hotel! I stayed there between 7 to 8 March 2013 and it was very pleasant and exceeded my expectation. I was in a group performing the Umrah. I read some of the reviews prior to my trip which includes some not very encouraging views and I prepared myself for the worst. However, it was a very pleasant surprise indeed to find a very modern facility with comfortable clean rooms, English and Arabic speaking staff and a good location very close to Haram. The breakfast on the 21st Floor is superb. I have never seen such plentiful array of pastries. I will definitely recommend this hotel to my friends as it has made my trip a very memorable one indeed. May Allah Blessed Le Meridien As He (Allah) Blessed others before Le Meridiens! Am proud of Le Meridien!

Room Tip: As from my side. All the rooms are the Best!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BUSINESS612
LeMeridienMakkah, Manager at Le Meridien Makkah, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great feedback and this give us a pleasure of encourage to do more better services to all our valuable guests.

Looking forward to welcome you and your groups again at Le Meridien Hotel Makkah and it will be our pleasure to be at your service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Sumatra
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Assalaamoalaykom.
I am running a travel agent for Omra and Hajj services in West Sumatra Province (Padang/Bukittinggi) in Sumatra Island, Indonesia. I stayed with my group in this hotel from Februari 19th to 26th unexpected since our booking in the hotel we planned did not confirmed. I was so hopeless when my agent in Makkah said no choise, but I had to accept OR we canceling our trip, but that would be impossible.

So, we came in to the hotel, and.......Alhamdolillaaah.... More than we expected.
But, our problems as Indonesian were when we having meals (lunch and dinner).
I am not complaining, but just would like to advise if there is an opportunity for the hotel's chief to learn more about Indonesian foods and how to cooking them better. Also, what such of foods need to be served on the table for Indonesians, since I have seen that there were lots of foods especially salad have not been touched excepted by me my self, and then lot of tabzeer.
By the way, I might send another group to stay in the hotel again some time soon.

All is the best
Wassalaamo alaykom

Room Tip: which ever room you stay, doesnt matter, because our main destiny to come to Makkah is for ebadah in...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank abunajwa
LeMeridienMakkah, Manager at Le Meridien Makkah, responded to this review, March 11, 2013

Doha
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

As a Gold member of the SPG , I thought I would be recognized , but I wasn't ?! Although I had a confirmation number and a printed confirmation the receptionist there said I did not have a booking and it took him half an hour to go back to his manager who located the booking , so I would rate their reception staff very poorly , the rooms are nice but an un stocked mini bar and poor lighting put a black mark there , the room service is good so is the restaurant , this hotel does not live up to the Le Meridien name at all !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ALWALEED A
LeMeridienMakkah, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien Makkah, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time and effort in posting your feedback. Despite being disappointed that your experience with us was less than satisfactory, we are always grateful for honest comments that we can learn and improve from.

Customer Service is by far our number one priority and as such we have immediately taken steps to address the points you have raised. We would like to reassure you that we have given this unpleasant incident our utmost attention; existing procedures have been modified in order to prevent such incident in future. After initial investigation, corrective action has already been implemented.

We hope that we will have the opportunity to demonstrate our normal high level of customer service to you in the future and we are truly sorry for any inconvenience we may have caused.

Regards,
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed at your hotel between 21 to 28 February 2013 and it was very pleasant and exceeded my expectation. I was in a group of 8 performing the Umrah. I read some of the reviews prior to my trip which includes some not very encouraging views and I prepared myself for the worst. However, it was a very pleasant surprise indeed to find a very modern facility with comfortable clean rooms, English speaking staff and a good location very close to Haram. The breakfast on the 21st Floor is superb. I have never seen such plentiful array of pastries. I will definitely recommend this hotel to my friends as it has made my trip a very memorable one indeed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sanaz58
Dear Guest,

Looking forward to welcome you again at Le Meridien Hotel Makkah and it will be our pleasure to be at your service.

Thankyou
Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

This was my second trip in two years to perform Umrah and stay at Le Meridien Makkha,SA.
We were in a group of four people and stayed in room 7015 and 7017. I made the reservation through SPG American Express Card and were upgraded to a suite for SR 610 per night B&B,
Main reason for selection of this property was closeness to the Haram Sharif only a,... short walk of 5 munites. My stay was for two nights of Feb 21 and 22nd. Check in was quick and was given a suite facing the Mecca Mountain which was changed to a Haram View Room at our request. The Breakfast was great with freshly made omlates as well as lots of Cheeses, Arabian and continental choices of Baklawa, Deserts, Bread Pudding etc. The best part was of Joining prayers at the Harem Mosque as soon as the Azzan (Call for Prayers ) was heard in your room connected directly from originating place in the Grand Masjid you could walk and join the Jamah / congragation without any hastle. Revenue Manager Mr. Fayyaz Ahmad at the property was a very humble gentleman and was very instrumental in upgrading our rooms.

Room Tip: Make reservation through SPG and send email request ATTN: FAYYAZ AHMAD Revenue Recovery Manager for...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ichaudhri

Alexandria, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

A great experience we were there in hej time. This hotel has a good location near haram, friendly staff, restaurant with multiple varieties & haram view, spacious rooms with haram view & nice reception.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
8 Thank G S
LeMeridienMakkah, Manager at Le Meridien Makkah, responded to this review, January 9, 2013

Thankyou
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

I had very pleasant experience of this hotel.Today only i left this hotel. Check in was fast, we check in 4 pm. and check out was also very quick although it was Friday . Staff services are very helpful and fast. They respond very quick.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
10 Thank BeautifulCanada1
LeMeridienMakkah, Manager at Le Meridien Makkah, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your interest at Le Meridien Hotel Makkah. We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your recent stay and would like to thank you for the valuable comments you gave for our team. It means a lot to us and we really appreciate it when a guest takes the time to write about our teams personalized efforts.

We look forward to welcome you again and its always our pleasure to be at your service.

Talaat Ismail