Le Meridien Makkah
$954
$667
  • Room Service
Makarem Al-Bait Hotel(Mecca)(Great Value!)
$147
$128
Le Meridien Towers Makkah(Mecca)(Great Value!)
$200
$1,130
$1,395
Cancelon
  • Room Service
All reviewsvisit lewelcome smilegreat jobsfirm bedon hand to answer any questionshouse keeping and restaurant stafffive minute walkfriends and family membersduring peakking abdul aziz gatestar establishmentshops sellingwalking distancenice hotelmodern furniturearabic coffee and datesal haram
Reviewed August 8, 2012

in general it is good hotel clean rooms closing to a Haram. but very bad management and some staff at the reception they dont know their job we stayed july 21 for to nights we arrived early in the morning when i asked the staff at reception regarding my booking he told me my booking is available but check in at 5pm not before that and he said if i want to check in at that time i have to pay extra for one night, that it means empty rooms is available then i told him what i know standard time to check in is 2pm not 5pm he said they have orders from the management no check in before 5pm then at 2pm when the manager came and saw the lobby was full like a market no place for people to sit all were waiting for the rooms then he asked staff at the reception to give the rooms. after suffering from morning i received my room at 2 30pm but i found they did not give me correct room i went back to the staff and explained to him he told me this is the correct room if you have any complain contact back you site which you booked the hotel and then i met the manager after he saw my voucher he asked me to go first floor to meet the sales team when they saw my voucher they asked receptionist to change my room to deluxe Haram view but receptionist said all room full you have to wait till 7pm, you can use the room which we gave you till that time, at 7pm i received the room but my booking was king bed they gave two single beds said all king bed full, for you information i booked the hotel from may 11.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank khrawahi
LeMeridienMakkah, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien Makkah, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2012

Dear Sir,

We have noted your comments regarding your last stay with us and would like to apologies for not reaching your expectations. I was very disappointed to see that your expectations were not met upon check in. I am very concerned about that as it is definitely not the genuine service we strive to deliver. We also assure you that we will be taking steps to insure such occurrence is not repeated. Please do not hesitate to contact myself directly if there is anything I can do to ensure your future stays at Le Meridien Hotel to exceed your expectations.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Good feeling in regard to this hotel. Perfect location ad services were to the expectations. I would love to go back and recommend all to this hotel. Close to Haram and what you need all is around you. Rooms seems to bit small but manageable compared to Makkah crowd. I do not have other hotel of similar substandard to compare.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank aghazali346
LeMeridienMakkah, Manager at Le Meridien Makkah, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thank you for your great feedback and this give us a pleasured of encourage to do more better services to all our valuable guests.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed in this hotel in June for Umrah. We were three people, we got a two twin bedroom and a extra bed(which was paid for during booking). The room was a bit small compared to Madina hotels. But after getting rid of an extra chair and extra side table the room was a great accommodation for the 3 of us, considering our 9 pieces of luggage. Check in was easy and a breeze, the language barrier is there, but most staff can understand basic English. Or you can find a staff member who speaks your mother tounge(mine being Urdu) and they can translate into Arabic. I timed my walk from Haram premises to the hotel and it was about 3 minutes, so it is pretty close to Haram. Room service is a bit slow during peak and overnight hours. After spending most time at haram and being exhausted, my main highlight of the day was having a great and energetic breakfast, their breakfast buffet was really good. Overall a good expierence, no big issues.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nyctla123
LeMeridienMakkah, Manager at Le Meridien Makkah, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great feedback and this give us a pleasure of encourage to do more better services to all our valuable guests.

Looking forward to welcome you again at Le Meridien Hotel Makkah and it will be our pleasure to be at your service.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

I have visited the hotel for two nights, the hotel is close to Mecca, about 7 minutes walking to be in the Kaaba, once we arrived about three o'clock in the afternoon, the receptionist said, they don't have rooms available now at four o'clock they can , even though there was visible to me through his computer there is more than ten rooms ready (I'm working in a hotel and i'm fully aware of the system) then the receptionist left me and start talking to another guest , then another staff member come and i asked can you serve me, he said: I closed casher Sorry, after a period of ten minutes,I DON"T KNOW WHY THEY ACT LIKE THAT , so we decided that we go to the Kaaba first , when you get back we took the room, and very strange that the staff do not have any communication skills, when you ask for order they ask you to call other department ,even if the order not belounge to the department you call , he should take your order and he transfer it to his colleague, they don't work as a team I do not know why, the question that worries me did the Starwood knows something called Gap? i should have realized that after i make the booking through an agent , I call the hotel more than five times to check about my booking if it already there but I could not get an answer , how answer me put me on hold for a few minutes without an answer,

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Alpacino86
LeMeridienMakkah, Manager at Le Meridien Makkah, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much indeed for giving us your feedback and this will definitely help us to ensure that we improve our services. We apologize for the inconvenience caused in regards to communication with front desk associates. We have noted your comments regarding your last stay with us and would like to apologies for not reaching your expectations. I was very disappointed to see that your expectations were not met upon check in. I am very concerned about that as it is definitely not the genuine service we strive to deliver. We also assure you that we will be taking steps to insure such occurrence is not repeated. Please do not hesitate to contact myself directly if there is anything I can do to ensure your future stays at Le Meridien Hotel will exceed your expectations.

Yours sincerely,

Talaat Ismail

Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

i type this as a current guest of Le.meridian Makkah. Im in room 1915 and after a week at the worst establishment ever I am glad to be checking out today the 16 May 2012.

The staff are appalling! Especially reception staff and conciegre in lobby. They won't acknowledge you, dont care about assisting you and they will never smile nor greet you.

I agree with all other negative comments posted as they are all true.

Location is on a main busy road, one porter was sent to offload entire bus of luggage after 20 minutes of standing on the road we had to do this ourselves.

The rooms cater for double only if u are booking a triple sharing they throw in an extra cot bed into the small room. (no duvet, just blanket) which is crap when the 3rd adult is paying full price.

Dont stay here. You better off at a 3 star with half decent staff.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank ZakariyaSouthAfrica
LeMeridienMakkah, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien Makkah, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time and effort in posting your feedback. Despite being disappointed that your experience with us was less than satisfactory, we are always grateful for honest comments that we can learn and improve from.

Customer Service is by far our number one priority and as such we have immediately taken steps to address the points you have raised. We would like to reassure you that we have given this unpleasant incident our utmost attention; existing procedures have been modified in order to prevent such incident in future. After initial investigation, corrective action has already been implemented.

We hope that we will have the opportunity to demonstrate our normal high level of customer service to you in the future and we are truly sorry for any inconvenience we may have caused.