“Excellent”

Ranked #10 of 346 Hotels in Mecca
Muscat, Oman
“Excellent”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I booked Classic Twin Room City (which has a view of the city as described).
I booked it from the Accorhotels.com directly. If you do that, they will consider you a VIP.
Staff was not really warm, but not bad.
Because I was considered a VIP i was given Room 1518 which has a view of the Haram and Welcoming Gift (as in the pictures I uploaded).
Room was large and clean.
Bed was comfortable.
AC working well.
TV live broadcast of the Haram.
There is in room live Audio of the Haram Athan and Prayer.
Bathroom was clean.
Breakfast buffet was very good.
Hotel is very near to the Haram. Right Opposite Gate number 1 king Abdulaziz gate.
Right Under the hotel is the mall with different brands shops and restaurants.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Luqman_31
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at ZamZam Pullman Makkah, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Mr. Luqman

Thank you for your comments sent via our website, concerning your stay at Pullman ZamZam on the 24th May.

I was pleased to read that you had enjoyed your stay and I will certainly pass on your comments
to my team. I know that they will be delighted to learn that their efforts have been appreciated and
remembered.

sincerely,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

The pros : excellent location , very near to the haram, convenient location relative to the mall & shopping center
The bedding is clean and comfortable and the rooms are spacious .
On the negative side
Totally unfriendly and unhelpful reception ( front office staff)
The elevators fail everyday
The breakfast is horrible, really nothing to eat, very long queues , no covers on the tables, no clean plates , no clean cups for tea, etc. really the worst breakfast experience ever
In the room I had, the bathroom is in serious need of maintenance, the wood is cracked and it was not properly cleaned during my 3 nights stay
One final advise: don't trust the taxi driver recommended by the bellcaptain.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank sameh a
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at ZamZam Pullman Makkah, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Mr. Sameh

Thank you for your feedback received following your recent stay at Pullman ZamZam.

I would like to sincerely apologise for the shortfall in the standard of service on this occasion. I
was disappointed to learn that you did not feel the staff had the appropriate attitude and you can be assured that the management has relayed your feedback to the staff. Customer Service is of
feel welcome.

concerning lift issue, Although we have to accept that mistakes do happen, it is equally important that we state how sorry we are for the inconvenience experienced on this occasion.

I was sorry to learn of the delay you experienced in the restaurant. Your comments have been
reviewed with the Food and Beverage Manager and corrective measures have been implemented to avoid a similar situation occurring in the future.
Also I regret to hear that the food you were served was not up to your expectatins. This is certainly not acceptable and the Management will be taking the necessary actions to ensure there is no recurrence of this issue.

Your feedback on the condition of the bathroom has also been passed to the management. I am
sure that had you addressed these issues with the staff on duty at the time they would have made
every effort to rectify the situation, however this does not in any way excuse the disappointment
you were subject to and you should not take this as indicative of the level and service that Pullman Zamzam strives to provide.

Thank you once again for your feedback, which is invaluable in our efforts to assess and
continually improve upon the quality of our service. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming
you back to Pullman ZamZa and better meeting your expectations.
Please feel free to contact myself directly via the below details if you are travelling to Makkah again so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay.

Hesham Al Kabbany
Quality & Attitude Manager
H6036-qm@accor.com
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a week was here on 8th may till 15th from sheffield england. The hotel was brilliant. Rooms clean and service on spot. View from the window i could see the kabbah which was a real treat.. kitchen good size although stove does not work but it was never really needed. Bathrooms in suites u have two which is spot on esp families. Bedrooms big roomy and beds were peaceful to sleep on. Confusing as u have to get two lifts one from the mall to hotel reception and second to room. There are more thsn one hotels so make sure u go on the right side. After a few days its easy and also speedy and huge. Eating place on p3 level you have all that you need. Location perfect. Infact when family where a asleep i would go down to the kabaah to do tawaaf and was there in 5mins. People freindly. Wifi does not work at all dont pay extra. Breakfast was good and filling. All in all will defo go back there again loved it. Thankyou to all the staff that looked after us esp my dad who wss not well. May allah swt reward you. Sheraz Ahmed

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sheraz A
Dear Mr. Sheraz

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Pullman Zamzam Makkah. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

concering wifi services during your week of stay would like to withdraw your kind attention that ISP provider was experiencing some difficulities in prodiving internet services, I appologise for the inconvenienece caused .

Sincerely
Sharjah
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

I have no words to describe the regret I'm feeling booking 4 rooms in this hotel. This hotel has by far the WORST guest service I've ever experienced! !!

A bad room I can tolerate but a bad room plus RUDE and an uncoperative guest service is UNACCEPTABLE.

Pullman makkah is a five star hotel but just because of the very very disappointing guest service I wudnt rate it a two star.
Booked VIP kaabah view rooms.
Room size is good. No prayer mats. No water or basic stuff such as tea/sugar etc.
A/c not working. Bathrooms: drains blocked. No toiletries except for shampoo n gel.

Housekeeping is the worst dept in the hotel. Never answer the phone n by chance if they do this is what they say "yes hello what u want?" I tell them my bathroom basin is blocked and if they could send somebody to fix it plus I need some water. He puts me on hold. I call back and again after multiple rings he answers and says " YES HELLO WAT U WANT???" Literally shouting! I ask him why is he shouting? So to this he replies, its because I called him again.

I paid 450 for an extra bed n the bed was torn with the springs jutting out. I ask them to change because its dangerous to sleep on something like this! He said u want to sleep on this ok otherwise dont take!! I couldn't believe my ears! I've stayed at two stars but never have I experienced such rude behaviour! !!

The bellboy literally threw our baggage and having booked 4 rooms it was a bit difficult sorting out the stuff to different rooms, he got so angry that he just left the bags near the doors and left!!! Imagine coming for umrah, uve just checked in and the attitude of the staff is like this. Its really embarassing for the person who selected the hotel and every now and then a family member calls up to say "please call and ask housekeeping to pick up our fone because theres no water in the shower, no prayer mats a/c not working"... u feel so helpless as there is nobody to do anything about it.

I go down to the reception to try and speak to the manager and the guy at the desk says "he's not here come after two hours". He lied because the manager was right there in the office when I went.

I can go on and on. And I will on every review site possible because I don't want anybody else to suffer the way we did. The guest service especially housekeeping is UNACCEPTABLE. Rooms are pathetic with broken showers and tubs. This hotel is highly NOT recommendable!

Never ever coming here again and warning my friends and family too!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Talali
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at ZamZam Pullman Makkah, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Mr. Talali

Thank you for your feedback received following your recent stay at Pullman ZamZam Makkah.

In the first instance, may I offer my sincere apologies for the poor service you received on this
occasion.

Furthermore, I am sorry that you did not feel the staff had the appropriate attitude and you can be
assured that general manager has relayed your feedback to the staff.
he was most concerned to learn of the way in which you had been spoken to by a member of the
team. You should always find the staff at Pullman ZamZam to be helpful and professional and I am very sorry that this is not the impression you left with.
Please be assured that your comments have been reviewed with the front office
team and expected service behaviours have been reinforced.

Customer Service is of paramount importance to us and we were deeply disappointed that, in this instance, you did not feel welcome.

I was disappointed to learn that the standard of cleanliness in your bedroom and bathroom fell below expectations.
Our Housekeeping team have a stringent set of daily procedures to follow and it is evident these were not adhered to on this occasion, for this I apologise.
We have, of course, taken up your particular complaint with the staff involved to rectify any shortcomings.

Dear Mr. Talali

If ever we fail to provide our guests with the service they deserve we are disappointed. I recognise that we work in an intensely competitive marketplace and that we can only succeed by
consistently providing superior service.

I would like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience.please feel free to use my below correspondance. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

continually improve upon the quality of our service.

Hesham Al Kabbany
Quality & attitude Manager
H6036-qm@accor.com
Reviewed May 10, 2014

The hotel is next to the haram, it is really easy to go and pray there, we had a nice view from our window of the mosque. Our room was excellent, two rooms and two bathrooms so it was easy for the whole family. We had no issue with the rooms, apart from the food which the hotel provided wasn't great however there's a food court in the mall advise anyone to go there. Another brillant thing about the hotel was there were speakers which were coming from the haram so you can pray at the hotel if your feeling well. Rate 5*

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Shan G
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at ZamZam Pullman Makkah, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Guest