“Just Lovely !”

Ranked #10 of 360 Hotels in Mecca
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Just Lovely !”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Very near to Haram, the market and food court. its very convenient and the staff is very professional and helpful :), There are several type of rooms, I stayed in the classic room and it was good.There is a mini kitchen inside too, you can make coffee and some light snacks if u prefer not to have anything outside. Food Court on level P3,

Room Tip: I stayed in the classic room on 33rd floor, there was breakfast arrangement on this floor too :). wa...
1 Thank Peace_Dude84
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Dear Guest
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Pullman Zamzam Makkah. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Yanbu
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Yes, the location is excellent and very covenient for those who want be close to Kaabah and the MasjidlHaram. There is a big musollah as well for those who are unable to be ontime to the Masjidilharam.

However, the hotel doesn't deserve to be a 5 star hotel. The staff was not helpful. I arrived and requested for valet parking and nobody care. After waiting for almost half an hour, there was one staff said parking was full which we found out was not the case. In summary, the service was not up to the standard, from its entrance all the way to room services. A total letdown.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Pullman Zamzam Makkah. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Pullman, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Completely disappointed. Not worth the money. Would not recommend to anyone.Breakfast was bad, the presidential suite was smelly.Old and broken furniture. Other Hotels in the abraj bait tower offer much superior servive.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

2 Thank SAZ426
Hesham K, Qaliity & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this review, April 10, 2014

Hesham Al Kabbany
Quality & Attitude Manager
H6036-qm@accor.com
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I am currently staying at this hotel as part of a party of 7. Dont get me wrong location is fantastic. You are situated right in front of the king abdul aziz gate and acces to the haram is easy. Now for the hotel itself! This hotel is far from 5 star! The service has been poor. Firstly they will only give you 2 towels even though there are 7 people when we asked for more they claimed that we were stealing them! Loo roll it takes 2 days to get this! Rooms dont really get cleaned. Look dont get me wrong im not here for luxurious moments. All I am expecting is basic necessaties which they fail on. We asked for a spare blanket for us but again they could not provide this. I have stayed in medina and hand on heart can say the service was great in giving you basics. I complained in the morning at front desk here and the chap was more concerned about going home. I resorted to the manager today I think it went in one ear and out the other.
Alot of arrogance here to the point my wife quoted that she would probably get a quicker response if she wrote a bad review.
Oh before I forget you have to pay for wifi.

• Stayed April 2014
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Mr. Hussein

Thank you for your feedback received following your recent stay at Pullman ZamZam Makkah.

In the first instance, may I offer my sincere apologies for the poor service you received on this occasion. Please be assured that this is not a true reflection of the high standards upon which Pullman prides itself.

If ever we fail to provide our guests with the service they deserve we are disappointed. I recognise that we work in an intensely competitive marketplace and that we can only succeed by consistently providing superior service.

We expect our staff to handle all situations with the utmost courtesy, sympathy and helpfulness and we deeply regret the adverse impression you have gained on this occasion.

Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention as guest feedback is invaluable to our efforts to continually improve the quality of our services. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Ibis in the future.

Islamabad, Pakistan
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I Stayed there for 3 nights, I can tell that this hotel is one of the nearest hotels in Makkah - right now - to Haram mosque; just few steps you will find yourself there.
one of the assets of this hotel is its staff, there service standards are very high they go beyond your expectations sparing no effort in doing that.

rooms are spacious,few of them having a side view to Ka'ba, I had the chance to have one of them. room cleaning process sometimes is late but it is OK as long as "the hotel is almost full and most probably everybody is requesting cleaning almost at the same time." as I heard from some friends staying there....

overall my stay was good, enjoyed my umrah, and never missed a prayer, this because my room was having speakers of Athan for all prayer.

definitely i'll come back again, when I can and I'll recommend it for all my family & friends

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear Mr. Mohammed

Thank you very much for your great feedback. We appreciate taking form your valuable time to write your impression about your stay with us. We work hard to offer good, friendly & efficient service and I'm so glad your visit was enjoyable. I will pass your feedback on to the team, and we look forward to seeing you again soon
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Ok quick 2 second introduction. I'm usually not a proactive reviewer of anything. I'm more of a review site lurker, but the experience that I had at ZamZam easily deserves a written review.

Check-in was very quick, bellboys brought our bags, up to the room, the front desk people actually spoke decent English which was a relief.

Room: There was a problem with the sink in the bathroom. We called the front desk and they sent somebody up to fix it. A little annoying but whatever no big deal. The highlight of the room is the VIEW. Through my window I could see the Ka'bah in plain sight. Gorgeous.

Service: Ok here is where ZamZam earned its points. In the lobby there is a cafe that serves high tea, coffee, and pastries, and pizza. I went there most days to get some work done on my laptop, and have coffee. A young man by the name of Asad Qayuum works at that cafe as a waiter.
I salute this man. He treated us with a lot of respect, and went above and beyond any expectations I had for service. He really went out of his way to be helpful beyond the scope of his job. He went out of his way to make us feel special.

I hope whoever visits ZamZam in Makkah goes to that cafe and sees what I'm talking about.

Overall the hotel, room, food, and ambience etc 4/5 and service was excellent 5/5

2 Thank ahsan i
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dea Mr. Ahsan

Thank you very much for your great feedback. We appreciate taking form your valuable time to write your impression about your stay with us. We work hard to offer good, friendly & efficient service and I’m so glad your visit was enjoyable. I will pass your feedback on to the team, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I returned back from 1 day trip to Makkah and experience forced me to write my first review at tripadvisor. I stayed for a night at Pullman Zamzam Makkah hotel in my recent tour and experience was not good at all.
1. After travelling by car for 860+ kilometers, when I reached hotel the room I booked was not ready and when asking they said that it will be ready at 18:00 hours or may be later. I had a fight with hotel representative that when my check-in time in 17:00 hrs, why the room will be ready at 18:00 hrs. The hotel Representative insisted me to wait for a while. After a while I went to a different representative who told me same story that room is not clean yet and he generously is offering me a bigger room which is free. He then took me to a room which was still being cleaned. I was requested to wait till room gets cleaned and once room got cleaned after 30 more minuets, the cleaner told us to take the room. The room provided was much smaller then the room I booked and hotel representative lied to me that he is giving me a bigger room. I booked one room with 4 single beds for four adults and what I was given was 2 double beds and there was not enough room to walk around the beds in the room. Since I was there only for few hours with my family and the hotel has already wasted more then an hour, I didn't have much time to again argue with hotel and get the room changed. The behavior of hotel staff was highly unprofessional.
2. Breakfast is not good quality. During little rush, there are not enough seats to sit.
3. The quality of furniture and washroom fitting is by far worst then the money they charge.
4. The equipment available in the room does not work like the stoves provided in the room don't work at all and the keys to turn it on/off have been removed.

I can write much but to sum up the hotel is not good value for money and also they don't treat guests very well. Your confirmed booking (already paid before arrival) is no more guaranteed and they have no bad feeling about it, they will not provide good alternative.

Generally hotel representative will write back after a review to tell how much effort they are making to improve but believe me they are far from improving. My advice to guests is to find alternative hotels whenever possible and think of this hotel as a last resort.

My room# was 1347.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Mr. Tariq

Thank you for your comments sent via our website, concerning your stay at (name of hotel) on the 28th September. I have since had an opportunity to review your concerns with the management team at the hotel.

I would like to sincerely apologise for the shortfall in the standard of service on this occasion.

I was sorry to learn about the delay in checking in to your room, which was not acceptable and I can assure you that this situation is not at all typical of the standard you can expect of Pullman ZamZam. We endeavour to have all our rooms ready for guest arrival; however, the late departure of previous guests can sometimes hinder the progress of the housekeeping team.

Furthermore, I am sorry that you did not feel the staff had the appropriate attitude and you can be
assured that the management has relayed your feedback to the staff. Customer Service is of
paramount importance to us and we were deeply disappointed that, in this instance, you did not
feel welcome.

The issues raised in your review have been addressed with the food and beverage team and retraining has been set in place to ensure that there is no recurrence of this failure.

If ever we fail to provide our guests with eth service they deserve we are disappointed.

Thank you once again for your feedback, which is invaluable in our efforts to assess and
continually improve upon the quality of our service.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Ibis and better meeting your expectations in the future.

Sincerely