“8 days in sept”

Ranked #10 of 360 Hotels in Mecca
Karachi, Pakistan
“8 days in sept”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Stayed here from sept 23 to sept 29 on the 17 floor.I have the same complaints/issues that most people have already talked about. It is not a 5 star simply because things like, sink had no drain web, the tub was cracked, are what no 5 star worth it's salt would ever do.. Kettle was available, which according to some reviews, people didn't get, but no complimentary tea,coffee or sugar .Wifi not free and pretty darn expensive.
The best thing was the proximity to the Haram but that proximity is shared by all the Al-Bait complex hotels so no extra points there. Havent been inside the other hotels in the complex, but Im assuming that most of them don't have the same maintenance issues. I cant simply give any leeway just because it was busy season. Busy also mean more income, so generally the service should be better in those days. The staff was fine, no issues there. Overall the experience was fine, not too bad and not very awesome.
If you are going for religious reasons, the chances are you wouldn't be spending much time at the hotel anyway, so in that case I would rec'd it, with the warning to not expect a 5 star property.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hesham K, Quality & Atitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Guest

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay.

The interaction with Maintenance & Tea Coffe Tray- at your room with regards to your comments is certainly not typical and I will be sure to raise your experience with our entire team as a training exercise.

Concerning Internet service rates I can assure to your good self that our prices are the lowest prices available for this service in the area. a cost plus rate is there in order to guarantee a high speed browsing services for our guests

Please feel free to contact myself directly via the below details if you are travelling to Makkah again so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay.

Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that the remainder of your trip to Makkah was most enjoyable.

Quality & Attitude Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Pennsville, New Jersey
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Location is unique overlooking Haram. room size is great with a small kitchenette- not functioning-.
Ask for a Kaaba view room, you will pay more but you will get a magnificent view. Food was tasty in the restaurant. Staff is always smiling and willing to help.

Would stay here for my next trip and I will recommend it for family & friends.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Fathiaahmed
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Ms Fathia

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Pullman Zamzam Makkah. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Alexandria, Egypt
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed there for about 10 days during the pilgrimage season(religious tourism), it is a very hard season for any hotel, due to the enormous numbers ,and of course this is the real test to any professional hotel, my overall evaluation as an experienced guest of the 5 stars service they are 60% due to the following reasons:
1-The rooms are clean, but the daily house keeping don't change the bed sheets
2-The service in the restaurants are too slow, staff not well trained, they are not helpful, you ask for water, they simply tell you , go get it your self (sometimes with rude way)
3-Third day, the restaurant person in charge (mr. Ahmed) took my plate away from me not allowing me to eat, simply because the tables are not ready yet though we were allowed to enter the restaurant and gather food on plates, it was shocking to me and i had to make a complain, i never saw him again till i checked out.(simply he is perfect in security rather than restaurants)
4-The don't provide any free internet neither in rooms nor in lobby, so we had to go to other hotels in the lobby to had our free internet,( they charge you 30 riya per hour, 60 riyal per day, 200 riyal per week), it is more economic to have a 60 riyal 3G service for all your stay, you will find them at the mall lobby on the ground floor
5-The corridors we smelly, it was awful smell, but it got better by days.
6-They don't provide free complimentary water bottler or tea or nescafe or any kind of drinks like other hotels do.
7-The restaurants open buffet are with limited choices, you have to eat same food every day for 10 days
8- we had a big room with 4 guests, but on the first days , the 4 keys didn't work , so we had to make 4 new keys.
i think their problem was serving a lot of people in limited time affected the quality of service they provide, they are not ready yet to accept a full booking ,
other than that we enjoyed sleeping and air conditioning, having Harram prayers in our room,they changed towels daily.

Room Tip: try to get rooms in first to fourth floor, during high season it is critical to reach your room, aft...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank samerelsayary
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Mr. Samer

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay.

The interaction with our staff member- at the Restaurant & housekeeping with regards to your comments is certainly not typical and I will be sure to raise your experience with our entire team as a training exercise.

H6036-qm@accor.com
San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Pullman Zamzam is perfect regarding its location if front of King Abdul-Aziz gate, its rooms you can see the Kaaba and Haram, regarding service it is perfect however it is little expensive in laundry. Meals are very good, you can have a lot of western and eastern meals in the restaurant. rooms are Spacious and every room has 2 king sized beds. Very wide LCD screen. You can feel warmth in rooms, efficient air condition. If you are looking to have a comfortable Hajj stay in Mecca, I recommend for you this hotel.

Room Tip: Kaaba view rooms are very nice, ask to have one upon check in
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Hesham K, Quality & Atittude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear Mirza

Peshawar
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I along with my family stayed at the hotel from September 24 till 28, 2013. We went to perform Hajj this year; however, due to poor service and indifference on part of the hotel administration we have to return back without performing Hajj. As I suffered from nerve compression pain I requested for wheal chair however, they told me that they have more than 70 wheelchairs but all of them are in bad shape. Then they told me that I can get it from haram free of. Cost. I walked all the way to haram only to learn that they are provided only to those with prior permission letter from the Makhab / Muallam. While returning from Haram I collapsed and could not make it to my room. Moreover, we were four of us and were supposed to be given a suite, instead they gave us a double room with two extra beds and blankets. Toilet accessories were also provided daily for two, besides, there was no prayer mat or copy of Quran in the room.
The cleaning staff despite knowing English as they were phillipinos pretended that they didn't know any language except for Arabic.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Bushrah1963
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear Bushrah

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay.

The interaction with our Bell Captain & Housekeeping with regards to your comments is certainly not typical and I will be sure to raise your experience with our entire team as a training exercise.

Once again please do accept my apologies.

I appreciate if you would address your forthcoming stay at Pullman ZamZam Makkah to my attention to allow us to take personal care. Until then, please accept our regards

H6036-QM@accor.com
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stayed at the Pullman Hotel which is based within the Zamzam Tower. The hotel was a blessing from Allah as it is the best location good food and good service.

Inshallah if I return I would be looking to go back to the same hotel, cause of all the positives and no negatives.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Indiyan
Hesham K, Qualityn & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Thank you very much for great feedback. We appreciate taking form your valuable time to write your impression about your stay with us. We work hard to offer good, friendly & efficient service and I’m so glad your visit was enjoyable. I will pass your feedback on to the team, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Currently staying in suite 3211 this hotel is within haram limits just a few steps from king Abdul Aziz gate. A big food court on level 3 and a prayer hall on level 9 for mens and on 10 for ladies . A big suite with two bedrooms a sitting and dinning area the service of house keeping and check inn is good despite it's very busy and crowded due to hajj season I had some issues I contacted Mr Hesham hotel Manager he immediately resolve my issue thanks to him. Will definitely stay again in this hotel

• Stayed October 2013
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Mr. Rehandhund