“Excellent Location but Lack of Good Managment”

Pullman ZamZam Makkah
Ranked #9 of 366 Hotels in Mecca
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I am trying to keep my review short and fair. I booked two quad rooms for 4 nights from 24/03/13. It was my lifetime umra trip with my brothers, sisters and mum. Hotel’s location is absolutely superb, the best location you can have nearest to Kaba with all amenities and shops you need which are in adjacent shopping mall. The hotel breakfast was good.
Check-in was without much delay; however the allocated rooms were not made-up after the last guests have left. Therefore they were in such mess. It was not a pleasant welcome by hotel after 20 hours journey. Once room were cleaned they were fine but the both bathrooms were smelly. Upon continues request of bad smell in bathrooms, hotel staff cleaned the bathroom drain on our third day which did get rid of bad smell.
After continues request for an iron staff fail to provide us one. But before checking-out they came to collect iron which they did not even provided us. What an inefficient Housekeeping.

Room Tip: Due to building work on behind of hotel most room in back side of hotel are noisy. If possible book...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Pullman Zamzam Makkah. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Pullman, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed four nights between 3rd April to 7th April and what can I say. We had booked junior suite and we were upgraded to royal suite at no extra cost. We had a beautiful view of the Kaaba and as we had children with us it was an extra benefit that we could pray in our rooms at fajr time in jamaat as they had speakers in the room. There was ample breakfast options although they were busy at certain times. Housekeeping was efficient and to great standard. I would definitely come to this hotel again and would recommend anyone who is looking at this hotel to book it. Wifi available at extra cost. Finally check out time was @ 12 but we were told we could stay till 5. Fantastic service. THank you for making our stay comfortable

Room Tip: If you want Kaaba view then ask
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your great feedback. We appreciate taking form your valuable time to write your impression about your stay with us. We work hard to offer good, friendly & efficient service and I’m so glad your visit was enjoyable. I will pass your feedback on to the team, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

The location is oustanding. The rooms have small kitchen. Above all the view to haram is priceless.

The service is good. In addition they have besment parking. Overall it was very good hotel. Very busy location but still allowed us late departure.

Room Tip: room with view
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank safari035
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Pullman Zamzam Makkah. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I booked a two bedroom suite by calling their reservations desk,and i was told that there will be a double bed,twin beds and a sofa-bed (we were 5 guests) ; when we check-in,the room is a duplex suite,with one double bed on the upper level and a sitting room on the lower level...no signs of twin beds or the sofa bed ; after talking to the manager,he "upgrades" me to executive suite which was what i had booked by phone ; but since we had just arrived from Madinah and were going for Umrah,i did not have the energy to argue;this suite was quite small,with hardly any space to move around,and not to mention that it ad only one bathroom (for five persons,it is not feasible).
The staff was very courteous and helpful,but i just did not like the experience...and for the money i paid i think i could have got a much better deal in one of the other towers in the same complex.
The breakfast had a lot of variety but it was the same everyday...no change in menu...so got tired of seeing the same food everyday (we were there for 6 days)...and again...it was hard to find tables...always crowded,and then they would tell you to go to another restaurant...and that would be crowded too...very unprofessional.
(oh,..and my cousin had the same problem with the suite booking....but he preferred to stay in the duplex with three extra beds put in the sitting room...atleast he got two bathrooms!)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Abdul Ghani M
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

It was our pleasure having the chance to have you with us. I am extremely sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations for this stay, please accept my sincerest apology.
It is indeed a concern that your reservation requirments were not met upon check in.I am very concerned about that as it is definitely not the genuine service we strive to deliver.

Kinldy if you have the chance to send me your reservation details on my below mentioned email in order to enssure such occurrnce will not be repeated in the future.We normally serve our guests up to their expectation and satisfaction.

we do hope that the above misgivings will not prevent you from considering our hotel the next time you are in Makkah

H6036-QM@accor.com

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Last week of March-2013 we arrived in Makkah from Qatar,This was an excellent choice of staying in Zamzam, we had a wonderful time there, vicinity to Haram is obviously good. Rooms were spacious and good value of money. Hotel staff was helpful and friendly.
Had problem with booking.com, Booking was cancelled by hotel accounts department, without any prior information and had to face hassle of getting room.Booking.com helpline proved to be of no use. Thanks to Mehmood and Yaser al-otaibi for their help and offering extended checkout time on friday.
No internet in rooms.

Room Tip: always confirm booking by calling to hotel,prior to kick start your journey
1  Thank Tahir M
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Mr. Tahir

Thank you very much for your great feedback. We appreciate taking form your valuable time to write your impression about your stay with us. We work hard to offer good, friendly & efficient service and I’m so glad your visit was enjoyable. I will pass your feedback on to the team, and concerning Internet it is available in the room with different paying plans.
I appreciate if you would address your forthcoming stay at Pullman ZamZam Makkah to my attention to allow us to take personal care. Until then, please accept our regards.

H6036-qm@accor.com

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Housekeeping was top notch as was breakfasts, access to mall, food, markets, mosque was all very close and a lift away! Was great to come back shower , fresh towels, sleep fresh sheets! Only thing is the smoking was overwhelming

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Summayah S

Thank you very much for the positive comments. It’s always encouraging when customers acknowledge the good work of our team. We look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed at Zam zam for 9 nights in March, 2013. We stayed at the Duplex, one bedroom, 2 bathrooms suite. Our stay was very comfortable and the staff was excellent. The manager including the staff went the extra mile to meet our needs during our stay. The only minor drawback was that we could not access the internet from our duplex and there was no closet space to place our luggages in the bedroom upstairs. However, everything else was just perfect!

1  Thank Yasmeen A
Hesham K, Qaulity & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Yasmeen A

We appreciate taking form your valuable time to write your impression about your stay with us. concerning Internet in Duplex, rest assured that it will be available in a very short time.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do to ensure your future stays at ZamZam Pullman Makkah to exceed your expectations.

H6036-qm@accor.com