“A Total Ripoff”

Pullman ZamZam Makkah
Ranked #9 of 378 Hotels in Mecca
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Currently staying here. My agent booked a suite for me for Umrah but when I arrived at 4 pm I was rudely told ' Room is dirty check in after 5' all cause I am a Pakistani while the Arabs were handled immaculately. I had to call my agent and when I went back again with reservation number, the ' suite' I was given , room 144, was more like v army barracks with 4 beds side by side and no room to walk . The bath shower drain was broken and I had to insert an amenity bottle under it for it to operate.
I went to reception to change and made to run from counter to counter , I was in Ahram had to perform my Umrah , but to no avail and after a while I gave up.
Mr and my family returned to the room at 12am extremely tired and when I lied on the bed it was akin to lying on bricks it was that hard.
I again went to the reception and after much persuasion and threats that I will write to Pullman Head Office was moved to room 607 a twin , with the promise that the third bed will be sent soon. Well a night and a day has passed the third bed hasn't arrived . The front desk is you busy to listen to my request so hence the review
Any Pakistani or any one from sub continent planning to stay here remember to leave your dignity outside as you will be treated like crap , will be lied to and eventually cheated from what you have reserved all at the Holiest place for Muslims.

• Stayed: December 2012
7  Thank schawlaf
Hesham K, Qaulity & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

I have noted your comments regarding your last stay with us and would like to apologies for not reaching your expectations. I was very disappointed to see that your expectations were not met upon check in. I am very concerned about that as it is definitely not the genuine service we strive to deliver. We also assure you that we will be taking steps to insure such occurrence will not be repeated in the future. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to ensure your future stays at ZamZam Pullman Makkah to exceed your expectations.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,075)

Reviewed December 23, 2012

When I got to the hotel, I did not find booking
Media was that the booking had been canceled for non-payment
While the confirmation message has been sent to by you
After I came back attempts with the hotel booking was returned
Unfortunately, I did not expect this service

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank ALTUWAITAN
Hesham K, Qaulity & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

We have noted your comments regarding your last stay with us and would like to apologies for not reaching your expectations. I am very concerned about that as it is definitely not the genuine service we strive to deliver. We also assure you that we will be taking steps to insure such occurrence will not be repeated in the future. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to ensure your future stays at ZamZam Pullman Makkah to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

I stayed there for two days. This hotel is huge. Lots of options on rooms. Staff is very helpful and polite. The location cannot be beat at the moment till something new comes up. They have a decent mall on the ground levels as well as food court, open 24 hours. The only issue I had with the stay was not caused by the hotel but when I booked the room from bookings.com. They misinformed us about the breakfast being included in our room rate. The first 5 days we had to eat outside as on the booking form the breakfast was not includ

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Osamalek
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

‘Thank you very much for the positive comments. It’s always encouraging when customers acknowledge the good work of our team. We look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed in Pullman Zamzam for 2 nights during our Omra visit. Our stay was comfortable. The location of this Hotel is Great, the room was comfortable and clean. The Only note of this hotel is the reception when we checked in. they should put more employee
to speed up the check in

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
4  Thank AAhmad
Hesham K, Quality & Attitutde Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Thank you very much for the positive comments. We work hard to offer good food and friendly, efficient service, and I’m so glad your visit was enjoyable. I will pass your feedback on to the team, and we look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Very wonderful hotel and great staff. The view of Kabaa from the room is splendid and the room condition is great, very very comfortable bed. You could increase the voice of the adzan from the room
One more thing breakfast buffet is one of the best/ever seen in my life in terms of choices and delicious test ( best Egyptian chef and give him my congratulation to him). Staff can cop very well to serve 100 people at one time.
In summary, worth every piney you spend in this hotel.

The only remarks I have for elder people, it’s quite a long journey to walk from room through lift to reception then walk out to the second lift to the downstairs of all Haram.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Harrasi
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Reviewed December 8, 2012

1) The check in time is 5 pm. Even if the hotel has available rooms they will not honor early check in. Actually, I went there at 3 pm and even though the reception was not crowded, when I asked about check in they said to come back at 5 pm. The hotel has around 800 rooms, and many people along with me were told the same thing to come back at 4:30 pm-5 pm for check in.
2) At 4:20 pm I went back and there were at least about 50+ people standing in 3 lanes for check in. I was No 5 in line and by the time I was checked in it was 5:30 pm. This was by a thousand miles the worst check in experience in my whole life. I am a frequent traveller and usually go to Hilton/SPG/Intercontinental chains. I had 20+ stays just in 2012 and my longest ever wait was 10 min at other chains. By the way, when I passed by the lobby at 8 pm, still there were around 70+ people waiting in lines for check in. Tempers were boiling and people shouting with frustration. The hotel can definitely be more organized but looks like this is a daily routine for them with the hotel management indifferent to all the yelling and inconvenience caused to the travellers.
3) At 5:40 pm when I entered the room, it was not yet cleaned and I actually gave housekeeping tip to do my room sooner. They seemed exhausted, short staffed and over worked. When we came back after cleaning of the room, found the carpet still dirty and the sheets were stained.
4) For breakfast buffet, It was funny as the restaurant staff were standing in front of the elevator, and before you even go and sit, they would corner you and ask for your room no. I had a 4 year old and 11 year old. They told me that they have to charge 11 year old for the breakfast as my room rate covers only one child, which is ok. But instead of waiting for you to settle and then bring the charge sheet to you for signature, you have to go to their register and then sign/pay and then enter the restaurant. And the place is so crowded that it took us some time to find a place to sit eventually. A little bit of decency would require that they escort you to a table and then bring the bill later. Anyways, they did not seem to care.
5)The breakfast buffet was ok. However, the glasses/cups/plates were not properly cleaned. I put in hot water in cup for tea and it turned white because some one probably drank milk in it and it was not cleaned properly.
5) Only positives are that its closer to Haram and rooms had two full beds.

Room Tip: Make sure that if you have Kaaba view you double check at counter. We paid in advance for Kaaba view...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank ikhalid1

We have noted your comments regarding your last stay with us and would like to apologies for not reaching your expectations. I was very disappointed to see that your expectations were not met upon check in. I am very concerned about that as it is definitely not the genuine service we strive to deliver. We also assure you that we will be taking steps to insure such occurrence will not be repeated in the future. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to ensure your future stays at ZamZam Pullman Makkah to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

the hotel was great and clean and I enjoyed my stay in it as it is very close to the alhram mosque. I will stay there again and will recommend it to other people.
the breakfast was great and the reception was so good and professional. everything in the hotel is great.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank zabanoot
Hesham K, Quality& Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012