“poor service from front office staff”

Pullman ZamZam Makkah
Ranked #10 of 358 Hotels in Mecca
Jakarta
“poor service from front office staff”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

the convenient location which is right in front of King Abdul Aziz gate of Masjidil Haram is marred by the poor service from the front office staff. My room key card doesn't work for several times a day so I kept coming back to the front office to get it fixed. However it seems that they are not trained to handle women properly. I have stood in line and just when I got right in front of the staff, he chose to ignore me and served another Arabic male. I don't know what's the problem because this happens several times. Because of this, I have to ask another male in my group to fix my room key card to the front staff and he was just served well. I've been meaning to ask to the manager, "What is your staff's problem with serving women?".
I've stayed in other hotels in Mecca and Medina and have never been treated as poorly as I was in Grand Zamzam suites. The hotel's service really doesn't reflect the "Grand" name.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank boonnah
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
We have noted your comments regarding your last stay with us and would like to apologies for not reaching your expectations. I am very concerned about that as it is definitely not the genuine service we strive to deliver. We also assure you that we will be taking steps to insure such occurrence will not be repeated in the future. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to ensure your future stays at ZamZam Pullman Makkah to exceed your expectations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Bradford, West Yorkshire, UK
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Stayed here with a friend for umrah. Hotel is located on the 11th floor upwards of the zam zam towers. Room was nice if a little dated, breakfast was superb and staff were polite enough. Haram view and such a convenient location, I wouldn't stay anywhere else in future. Come out of the entrance to the towers and the haram is 20 secs away !

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Freebysuperstar
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Thank you very much for the positive comments. It’s always encouraging when customers acknowledge the good work of our team. We look forward to seeing you again soon
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Location is superb,view is superb, we had our room in which we have booked earlier first in the 24th floor,and as the room was connected with another room,and sadly our neighbour had 3 children kept on crying the complete first three nights,in which we had to change this room.
We went to the reception and met a very nice chap ( Mr.Hossam) who gladly changed our room,but into a smaller sized one,however we have accepted this room gladly.
The lifts wes always there,no problem at all,food is very good,drinks very expensive compared to the market out there

Room Tip: Nearly all rooms till 0015 with Kaaba view,but not full,just partial The higher you go,the better...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Burnaby, Canada
Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

Location a plus - close to haram and in mall building. Clean rooms, reg. cleaning and good staff. Was upgraded to haram view free. No wifi, food ok for breakfast but there is better. All in all, worth it if to get a good price, 3 star like most Saudi 5 star.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2012

This hotel is located just in front of King Abdul Aziz Gate of Holy Haramm. The front office staff was friendly & helpful. I checked in with my family. The concierge did not deliver my baggage even after four hours of checkin to the hotel.

Breakfast was good. But room service is poor. My daughter needed warm water for her milk; there was no kettle in the room inspite of request to room service.

Room Tip: We had booked & paid for Kaaba view rooms but we got a Haram view; since we were on a pilgrimag...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank MohammedJaffar
I have noted your comment regarding your last stay with us, I would liketo thank you very much for the positive comments. It’s always encouraging when customers acknowledge the good work of our team. We look forward to seeing you again soon