“A better place to start your Pilgrimage in peace of mind”

Makkah Hilton Towers
Ranked #7 of 343 Hotels in Mecca
“A better place to start your Pilgrimage in peace of mind”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Maashaallah .. It was a very pleasant 1st visit to the holy place n do our Umrah in peace of mind
Me n my husband visited last year 2012 in March for Umrah ( sorii the option doesn't have the month March so had to select April )
We did face a little bit trouble on our way from Jeddah airport to Haram sharif to the hotel but all went down when we were given our room from where we were able to view The Kaba
All the designated employees were very polite gentle n helpful to us
I do remember that we reached @ hotel very late at night n the person who helped us to carry our luggage to the room was an Egyptian n my husband didn't have the change to give him tips n when he explained that to him n say he'll pay him afterwards the employee was gentle refuse for the tips n say whenever my husband is ready n willing can pay him if he's around
But very unfortunate that we didn't meet him again b4 we leave
My heartly apologise to him ... I agree with the entrance as our taxi driver even didn't know the entrance n he dropped us at Hilton Hotel entrance but later the employees from there instructed us that we are booked for Hiton Tower n its the adjacent building to the Hilton Hotel
The stuffs helped us by directing to the tower n also carry our luggage all the way
Thank u is a small word for your warm n friendly service but still Thank u to all the stuffs for helping ppl like us who are 1st timer visit to there who doesn't have any idea of the place what so ever

I have advice my fam n friends to visit the Holy place n do stay in Hilton tower n thus this year 2013 in March my mother , my younger brother with his fam along with a 18months son visit the Holy place for Umrah n they book @ your hotel
Hope & pray that they have the same experience as they are as new as we were
N pray they don't have to face any trouble on the way from airport
Regards
Mr & Mrs Lodi

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank Maashaallah
IbrahimAtwa, Director of Business Development at Makkah Hilton Towers, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Madam,

Yes it is your first time in Makkah, but inshaa Allah not the last. Makkah Hilton & Towers will remain to be your home away from home for you and for your famiy and friends. All the team are here to help and assist our guests, the Guests of Allah.

Until we see you back again to Makkah Hilton & Towers, please accept our regards.

Makkah Hilton & Towers.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
New City, New York
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Although this review is quite late, but I thought I'd share my experience for those pilgrims who are considering where to stay during their trip to Makkah. We stayed at the Makkah Hilton Towers in Summer 2011. We were a party of 11, ranging in age from the teens to the 70's. Our stay at the hotel was exceptional. Everything from the moment we checked in to the moment we left was outstanding. We had booked 4 family suites which provided very comfortable accommodation with ample room. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful and took care of our every need. The hotel itself is located just steps away from the Haram, which was very convenient as we had some elderly family members traveling with us. There are plenty of places to eat and shop. This hotel will definitely be our number one choice for all future visits to Makkah in'sh'Alah.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Iram I
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comments. We look forward for more and more stays to come at Makkah Hilton & Towers.

Untl then, please accept our regards.

Al-Khobar
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed in Makkah Hilton tower during our Umrah in Feb-2013 with my wife, 2 kids and my parents as well. We took two rooms and we are happy that we stay in Makkah Hilton tower. The check-in is quick, and they offer to upgrade my parents's room for a small fee (only 87 riyal, which I gladly accepted), but the receptionist is unusually located in the basement which amused me (luckily our taxi driver know this so there is no issue finding it). Each tower have 3 Lifts for easy access and we only have to take this Lift to go up and down (not like the Zamzam tower hotels where you have to take two separate Lifts to go up and down). The room is spacious, clean and nicely decorated. And my sons really like the sofa by the windows because they can sit there while watching down. The room is quite as well and no noise eventhough there is a construction work accross the street. The breakfast is nice and the staff are friendly and helpful. The only drawback is that they can not find two adjacent rooms (one next to another) so my parents' room is upstairs (half a level up) and they have to use the stairs to come to our room. But the best thing about this hotel is the location since it is directly infront of Gate 1 so you will not waste much time going back and forth to the Haram, and this is the most important thing since you will spend most of your time there.

Room Tip: Ask for High Floor rooms which is quieter
3 Thank Joshie I
IbrahimAtwa, Director of Business Development at Makkah Hilton Towers, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comments. We are glad to understand that you have enjoyed your stay at Makkah Hilton & Towers and that our facilities are up to your expectations.

We look for more and more stays to come. Until then, please accept our regards.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We were booked to stay at Le Meridian Makkah but we had to change because my sister has a medical condition which means she cannot walk long distances and my mother is elderly also. We booked a family room at Makkah Hilton Towers and were told on the phone the room had three beds and one sofa bed but they would only allow three adults in the room. My brother had to remain in Le meridian and we moved.

Upon arrival we were told they only had rooms available that had 12 or so stairs which with my sister and my mum's condition is not the best option. My sister spoke to Kareem Khalaf (duty Manager) who promised to have a room ready for us the next day without stairs. I spoke with Khurram Shazad (front officer) who blocked two rooms because apparently in Makkah Towers booking a room has no guarantee because other members of staff can give it away to someone else.

They moved us into a room with two beds and one sofa bed for the night. We ended up staying in that smaller room for the rest of our stay having paid the rate for a bigger room. The next day when I went down to reception to ask for Khurram Shazad I was told he starts work at 3 pm - the time was 3.20pm! Then they moved us to a room that was at the end of a long corridor, next to a service cupboard. We were all surprised having clearly stated that we needed a room whereby my sister and mother would not have to walk a long distance.

I decided the best course of action would be to stay in the room we were in if only they would put in an extra bed (we had after all paid for three proper beds) The cleaners came in to install another bed but refused to provide a duvet and when I asked for one he said "No if you wanted three beds you should have paid for a three bed room!" I said we had but there weren't available at which he replied there are plenty of good rooms available. I asked him to come down to reception with me but he obviously would get into trouble so left the room in a hurry.

I complained to Mr S.Ansari who is the overall Manager who put me in touch with Rashid Khan. All of a sudden rooms had materialized and were now available. Why couldn't Kareem Khalaf or Khurram Shazad have done this in the first place without all the hassle?! Might I add that by this time my sister had fallen ill and spent two days in bed, my mum suffered from exhaustion at having to pack and unpack etc. I wasted a whole day looking at rooms because I didn't trust the staff to provide a good room.

We agreed to move into a room in Tower 2 and it was agreed with Rashid Khan that it would be done after Esha Salaat. He assured me that every member of staff would know about me and would help me in every way. I called after Esha to speak to him and was transferred to his line which rang with no answer, I called again, again the call was cut, I called again and asked to speak to S. Ansari and again I was transferred from pillar to post and the call was cut again. I called a fifth time and same thing happened. I get a call back then from the receptionist asking me what I wanted and I had lost my patience at this time and had a few harsh words with him. Within 5 minutes Rashid Khan was on the phone! Coincidentally he had forgotten his keys and had come back to the hotel to collect them and had seen my message. My mum at this point was so exhausted and disappointed with the staff and service she told me to stop wasting anymore time. I agreed with her since all that i was getting was lip service and not much else.

The staff are extremely unprofessional.I got two more calls from customer service relations asking me about my stay. One of them was Raghad and I stated that I did NOT want to move rooms since we only had a couple of days left so if they could refund the difference of the room then that would be the end of the matter. She said she would get back to but then I get a call from another duty manager whose name i could not understand who again offered to move us to a better room. These people do not listen! We DO NOT and CANNOT MOVE just refund the difference of the room and if not leave us alone. What happened? Nothing, they never got back to me! This has been the worst stay at Hilton I have ever experienced the staff are most unprofessional, they smirk at you and ignore what you are saying and carry on insisting on what they want you to have rather than what the guest is asking for. We had paid for a family room and I feel most put out and will make a complaint to Hilton head office.

This treatment I received reminds of a saying I once read by Muhammed Abduh:
"I went to the West and saw Islam, but no Muslims; I got back to the East and saw Muslims, but not Islam.”

7 Thank starloony
IbrahimAtwa, Director of Business Development at Makkah Hilton Towers, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Sir,

I will not say much in response to your comments. It must not have been our day. I trust that this is a one-off. Please rest assured that I will take your comments up with all persons concerned. We will definitely apply corrective measures to ensure that these inconveniences are not repeated.

While we extend our sincerest apologies for all the shortfalls, we appreciate you allowing us a second chance to make-up for this stay. Please address your forthcoming stay at Makkah Hilton & Towers to my attention to enable us to take care of you with proper vIP amenities and upgrades.

Until then, please accept our regards.

london
Reviewed March 7, 2013

we stay in makkah Hilton tower at the end of february 2013 for 4 nights grate location close to harram but there is some issue of cleanness remain bathrooms need some improvement to need of pilgrims corridors are smelly because some mess left there which hotel staff is not interested to clear until i complain breakfast is very good

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank nenasana
IbrahimAtwa, Director of Business Development at Makkah Hilton Towers, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear Sir,

We are pleased reading your comments. We will definitely take corrective measures to eliminate the minor negative issues you have pointed-out. We look forward for more and more stays in the future when we can welcome you again to Makkah Hilton & Towers.

Director od Business Development,
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I came with my husband and kids and we stayed in Tower 6 with a sorta view of the holy mosque.The proximity was great. Check in was chaotic and busy and the guy carrying my bags yelled at me for not tipping him enough. I explained my husband was exchanging out more money but he was just rude, my husband did go and find him and pay him but it took a day or two to find him it and weighed heavily on me thiniking i was starting my spiritual journey making a working man upset.and the man didn't even thank him for finding him and paying him. What is the norm for tipping in KSA by the way?

The room was spacious and big but lots of wear and tear. Sofas were worn out. Certainly not 5 star standards. And cleanliness was mediocre at best.

That Being said. The location Is amazing as was the room service for the food was great! . I'm returning with my elderly parents and brother next week and being a creature of habit we are opting to stay here again, hoping to get a nice quad away from the hustle and bustle of the elevator bell with a nice view of the haram and inshallah a smoother check in! Being right by the elevator does have you hearing the bell all night and would like to make it as smooth as possible for my parents

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Yasmeen A
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comments. Please rest assured that we will take all your salient comments up with all concerned departemnt heads We trust that your last stay is a one-off and we will ensure that these mis-happenings will not re-occur again. On a separate note, tipping in KSA is at your discretion.

We are glad to know that you are returning back to Makkah Hilton & Towers soon. We wish you a pleasurable and memorable stay.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Really nice stay and brilliant to stay if you have elders or little ones, great access to the Holy Kaaba on the doorstep.
Good range of shops too.
They also have villas but not sure if they are privately owned.

1 Thank junade
IbrahimAtwa, Director of Business Development at Makkah Hilton Towers, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Sir,

WOW... I believe this is your second comment that you post. Yes we do have villas that are privately owned but we rent them out for the owners. These villas consist of two, three, and four bedrooms. They are convenient for large families and/or parties.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you soon to Makkah Hilton & Towers.