The hotel mosque (Ladies Prayer Room ) in Dar Al Gufran facing the Masjidil Haram is an brainy development though it may look slightly medium size. However, I encountered very unpleasant situation one day during syalat Asar prayer.
1. There was a woman who came with her toddler, and the toddler kept crying before the syalat Asar started just near the back door.
2. The toddler continued crying even during the whole session of the Asar prayer. It was very disturbing since all the women were concentrating on the Asar prayer. I expected the mother of the toddler to stop praying and to bring the toddler out of the mosque room to avoid distraction. But she did not.
3. When the prayer stopped, the whole mosque became like a mad house. The women were making noises because they were angry at the situation that was uncontrollable. Though they should not be blamed, but the culprit was the mother of the crying toddler.
I suggest the hotel mosque’s authority should write a big notice in front not to allow women to bring their toddlers if they want to syalat in congregation there, unless they know the mosque etiquette.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the Holy Mosque, in front of the King Abdulaziz gate, Dar Al Ghufran offers elegant rooms with free Wi-Fi. Located in the heart of Makkah, it features a restaurant. Dar Al Ghufran Hotel Makkah has luxuriously decorated rooms, with well-selected rich fabrics. Each air-conditioned room has views of Holy Mosque or the striking city skyline, and a TV. Guest can start their day with a breakfast buffet, before relaxing in the hotel’s lobby with the high ceilings. The buffet restaurant serves local dishes. Jeddah Airport is 74 km away. Hotel Rooms: 324 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Dar Al Ghufran reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dar Al Ghufran Hotel Mecca
- Dar Al Ghufran Makkah/Mecca