This hotel is about 18 months old. 5 star and then some. With the shear volume of guests at this hotel, I am surprised it has held up to the ratings. Certainly the best breakfast offering I have ever seen- grandest and extremely appetizing. All of it.
The rooms were spacious and comfortable. Bathrooms all have twin basins. A huge shower. No tub- which is a good thing.
Fridge, kettle, hair dryer and the usual shampoo etc were standard. Good quality towels too. Reception and check-in was simple. Too many elevators, and never a wait. There's an office level and a prayer level and 3 levels of souk style shopping with an additional food courts level
Purpose to mecca is spiritual, but these guys know all the buttons to press to sway you Tom commercialism. Yep you will shop and shop and shop. Enjoy your stay and remember me in your communications to your lord.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the Holy Mosque, in front of the King Abdulaziz gate, Dar Al Ghufran offers elegant rooms with free Wi-Fi. Located in the heart of Makkah, it features a restaurant. Dar Al Ghufran Hotel Makkah has luxuriously decorated rooms, with well-selected rich fabrics. Each air-conditioned room has views of Holy Mosque or the striking city skyline, and a TV. Guest can start their day with a breakfast buffet, before relaxing in the hotel’s lobby with the high ceilings. The buffet restaurant serves local dishes. Jeddah Airport is 74 km away. Hotel Rooms: 324 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dar Al Ghufran reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dar Al Ghufran Hotel Mecca
- Dar Al Ghufran Makkah/Mecca