Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
2,224 results
All reviewsprayer roomkaaba viewshopping mallmemorable staythe ground floorjunior suitein room diningprayer areaexcellent hotelhotel lobbyroom service isprayer timesholy citymasjid al haramfood courthouse keepingumrah trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We went with satia hajj tours. We received a double room, with a small view of the haram.

POSITIVES: really nice hotel, there must be over 200 items in the breakfast buffet, also eggs freshly cooked how you want. fresh breads made on the day. great room service and really polite hotel workers, with good english speaking. very clean and modern,
NEGATIVES: It took me a while to understand the lift system. you have to get one lift from shopping centre to hotel lobby, then another one to the rooms, so it can take a while to get to your room. Our toilet in the room was a bit smelly and the room service guy really cleaned it well everyday, but its not his fault it still smelt bad. I think there is a bigger problem with the main drains. Food, drinks and laundry is very, very overpriced.

The hotel lobby is massive and very palatial great for photo's. Very close to Haram, but it still takes a while to navigate the lift system and get to the Haram. The hotel has a gym and other amenities, but i didn't have time to use them. There is a mosque in the hotel with sound coming from the Haram, I never used it. Another great thing is the sound system in our room, with a sound up and down control. So you can hear the Azan and Salah at the Haram.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Samah Z, Social Media Manager at Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear Aabs_13
Greeting From Makkah!
Thank you for your wonderful comments! We love to hear when our guests enjoy their stay! We are so happy you liked the hotel and location and the fresh cooked eggs. We apologize for the issue with the elevator . We do our best to keep the lifts running at full capacity and we apologize if your wait time was longer than usual. We look forward to seeing you again soon in the holy city of Makkah Al Mukaramh.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

My family and I (total of 3 adult females and 3 adult males) stayed at 3 Signature Double Kaaba view rooms for one night (21 Feb, 2014). This hotel calls these rooms Royal Service!
While 4 of us were happy with the Kaaba view we had (from rooms 1212 and 1213) the third couple was not (room 1216) as they said it was a side view. Housekeeping staff needs to pay more attention to the number of towels kept for each room as there was shortage in large ones. Moreover there was no tooth brush or tooth paste in any of the 3 rooms we had.
Surprisingly! For the amount of money we paid there was no complimentary fruit in any of the
3 rooms (Many cheaper hotels make complimentary fruit available in the rooms upon arrival of guests and checked twice daily for freshness and availability). In the morning of February 22 there was water outage, I do not know what time it started but I became aware of that when I woke up around 830am to take shower and there was no water. Hotel Guest Services staff told me water outage was all over the hotel. I checked again around 1010 am and it was working except for the bathroom flush toilets (same thing for all the 3 rooms we had). At the beginning of water flow resumption, water was muddy. The night before we requested two prayer mats, we received only one. This hotel is adjacent to the Masjid Al Haram and connected to a shopping mall. As there is nothing really special about this hotel, (a number of hotels are also adjacent to the Masjid Al Haram), I am doubtful that I will stay at this facility again.

Room Tip: Signature Double Kaaba View Rooms number 1212 and 1213, or the ones above or below them, preferably above.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear AABDHAHRAN

Greeting From Makkah!
Thank you for posting such a detailed review and sharing your experience with us! We are happy to learn that you enjoyed the view and the location. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences it caused during your stay with us. We take all guest comments seriously and would work to resolve issues highlighted by your good self. Again, thank you for the comments because we are always looking for ways to improve our service.
Best regards

Reviewed February 21, 2014

No welcome drink, hot towel....nothing! Arrived so tired and been informed that they can't find the reservation on the system..very hard time after long travel.. they asked us to call our travel agency then after long time another reception guy check and told us the booking is there, who told you that it's not there!!! Never offered even water for the kids. Glasses of the rooms "windows" are very dirty as never cleaned since years...small in the bathrooms and corridors is bad... Prices for room service is too much high and expensive than any other 5 stars hotel... During 5 days the elevator stopped and stuck 4 times which was really horrible...yes I agree that it doesn't deserve 5 stars hotel. The management should spend sometime on their work to take care of the guests especially small details.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Yussef2014
Greeting From Makkah!
Thank you for taking the time to post. We take these complaints very seriously and we have discussed them directly with our front-of-office manager and our housekeeping manager who will be taking steps to ensure that they don't happen again. Lastly, we are very proud of our world renowned signature Fairmont service, but clearly we were not performing to our usual level in the restaurant – and for that we apologize.

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

I am at the hotel now
Have to say for the name Fairmont the service is just tooo bad I have no words for it
just today I tried to get thru to reception and I just gave up I was put on hold for almost one hour then I tried again and again and still no response in the end I told the operator to get them to call me and I am still waiting.
The staff are great not rude at all but service is just no good.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank aazim100

Dear aazim100
Greeting From Makkah!
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We value your feedback and would like to follow up with you directly. Please contact us at socialmediamakkah@fairmont.com and it will be our pleasure to assist you. We hope to welcome you back in the future at the holy city of makkah al Mukaramh.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed at the Fairmont Clock Tower for 3 nights during our Hajj in October 2013. The hotel was very clean and well maintained as you would expect from a branded 5* hotel. The hotel sits inside the Clock Tower with direct access to the Kaaba via Al Abraj Shopping Mall.

We stayed in an executive room with the most amazing view of the Kaaba. The bedding and room amenities were of high quality, especially the beds and pillows made sleeping quite comfortable. The breakfast is very lavish with a good selection of English/American, middle eastern and indian dishes.

The hotel staff were very professional, helpful and attentive.

A plus point was Free Wifi throughout the hotel including in our room and we could facetime our loved ones and show them the view of Kaaba.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank M-Raymond

Dear M-Raymond
Greeting from Makkah!
Thank you so much for staying with us. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your time at Makkah Clock Royal Tower, a Fairmont Hotel. We hope to welcome you back to the Holy city of Makkah again in the near future!