Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel
Ranked #15 of 372 Hotels in Mecca
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

I am at the hotel now
Have to say for the name Fairmont the service is just tooo bad I have no words for it
just today I tried to get thru to reception and I just gave up I was put on hold for almost one hour then I tried again and again and still no response in the end I told the operator to get them to call me and I am still waiting.
The staff are great not rude at all but service is just no good.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank aazim100
Samah Z, Social Media Manager at Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear aazim100
Greeting From Makkah!
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We value your feedback and would like to follow up with you directly. Please contact us at socialmediamakkah@fairmont.com and it will be our pleasure to assist you. We hope to welcome you back in the future at the holy city of makkah al Mukaramh.
Best Regards

Write a ReviewReviews (2,070)

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed at the Fairmont Clock Tower for 3 nights during our Hajj in October 2013. The hotel was very clean and well maintained as you would expect from a branded 5* hotel. The hotel sits inside the Clock Tower with direct access to the Kaaba via Al Abraj Shopping Mall.

We stayed in an executive room with the most amazing view of the Kaaba. The bedding and room amenities were of high quality, especially the beds and pillows made sleeping quite comfortable. The breakfast is very lavish with a good selection of English/American, middle eastern and indian dishes.

The hotel staff were very professional, helpful and attentive.

A plus point was Free Wifi throughout the hotel including in our room and we could facetime our loved ones and show them the view of Kaaba.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank M-Raymond

Dear M-Raymond
Greeting from Makkah!
Thank you so much for staying with us. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your time at Makkah Clock Royal Tower, a Fairmont Hotel. We hope to welcome you back to the Holy city of Makkah again in the near future!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I arrived at the hotel after a 18 hour journey from the US at 4pm with 2 little kids (3 year old and 1.5 year old). After waiting in line for 15 minutes, I finally get the agent, who stated that I should come back in 1 hour since check-in is at 5pm. We wait in the lobby, 15 minutes later my kids start getting agitated so my wife approaches the desk again and a room is magically made available to check in.

The room was nice, even though the hotel is new it was showing signs of not being maintained, cleanliness is definitely lacking, the housekeeping staff does the bare minimum cleaning to get by, not 5 star cleaning by any standards.

The hotel has a major elevator problem, there are only 3-4 elevators that will take you from the hotel down to the main level and one is usually out of service and it can take easily 15-30 mins just to go up and down... NOT fun...you have to change elevators in lobby to get to your room and these also tend to fill up quickly during prayer time.

The breakfast offered by the hotel is so so, nothing special..limited variety compared to others that I have stayed in the area...

Service is lacking. I had specifically contacted the hotel about rooms and was given limited information which resulted in my family members getting a similar room but paying 1/2 the price that I did... I had booked a Junior King Suite and they had booked a Diplomatic King suite, both the rooms are the same... the diplomatic suite is a much lower price and apparently offers better service due to being in the "Gold section"

It took me 45 mins to check out at 4 am in the morning since the agent was very slow. My family members faced a similar situation a day earlier...

Next time I would rather stay at the Raffles (this time it was sold out)

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank kay1980

Dear kay1980

Greeting From Makkah!
Thank you for writing just a detail review and Please accept our sincerest apologies if we didn't meet your expectations. We work hard to maintain an excellent reputation and we take complaints very seriously. We have discussed them directly with our front-of-office manager and our housekeeping manager who will be taking steps to ensure that they don't happen again. Again, thank you for the comments because we are always looking for ways to improve our service.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

well i have stayed there 3 nights during Feb 2014 , the staff are really lazy or dont care at all about guest needs , they are not try to make any effort to help or even to answer you , if they give you answers then you are lucky , the rooms are rich but it is a small size i guess there are different types of rooms in size , the breakfast is very good and rich but nothing special in matter of taste , really i was expecting from a brand like fairmont much much more

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear egyptmmmx
Greeting From Makkah!
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We value your feedback and would like to follow up with you directly. Please contact us at socialmediamakkah@fairmont.com and it will be our pleasure to assist you. We hope to welcome you back in the future in the holy city of Makkah!

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Stayed at the Fairmont Clock Tower for 5 nights in January 2014, this is a beautiful hotel with direct access to the Kaaba, the Haram. We stayed in double room which was clean and well maintained.
The bedding and room amenities were good quality, especially the beds and pillows made sleeping quite comfortable. The breakfast is very lavish with a good selection of middle eastern and western dishes. The hotel service by the staff needs to be commended, they were very helpful, checking was easy and although to arrived @ 3am, they they had a room for me by 8 am.
Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ali A

Dear Pztoysali
Greeting From Makkah!
We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the Makkah Clock Royal Tower - A Fairmont Hotel and would like to extend our sincere thanks for the kind feedback.Thank you again for your generous comments and we shall be looking forward to be your host during your next visit to the holy city.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Just few minute walk to masjid alharam entrance, beds were very comfy, Azan in rooms, shops and food quarter in lower floors, every thing close by no need to go out and waste time, instead you can spend your time praying and performing tawaf with no worry.
Food in hotel is excellent

Room Tip: The best if you can afford it is the jounior suit with Khabbah view, just perfect
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HoneyBuney
Samah Z, Social Media Manager at Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear HoneyBuney,
Greeting From Makkah!
Thank you for your wonderful feedback! We love to hear such positive comments about our our location and we are glad you liked the In-Room Haram Azan and you found our bed comfy! We look forward to welcome you again in the holy city of Makkah Al Mukramah.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

I planned well in advance to come to this hotel whilst on umrah and it came highly recommended by friends who have stayed here. I wanted a room with a view of the Kaaba and had to really book in advance so I'd get it. First, the room wasn't ready. After wasting two hours in the lobby waiting they finally gave me a room on the fifth floor. View of the Kaaba? Ha! It's obstructed by the minaret and they're charging me for a Kaaba view. Also the room just reeks. It smells like cigarettes and mildew!!! I'm writing this standing at the front desk (where I've been now for over 40 minutes) because the men at the front really do not seem interested in helping me.... Is it because I'm a woman? A foreigner? I'm sorry.... I have been patient and polite. I've been asking for assistance to no avail. Very disappointed. :-(

Should've used my Marriott points