“Great Location”

Ranked #23 of 360 Hotels in Mecca
Doha, Qatar
“Great Location”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I liked Al Safwa Royale Orchid Hotel, nice location which directs you right away to the Haram. Well, I can't say much coz I was very focused on the Holy Mecca more than anything else.

The only thing I didn't like was small size of the bathrooms, very small. Serivce is good they come fast whenever you need anything.

Food was fine with many varities.

Room Tip: If you are coming with an old parent whom you dont him/her to walk for long time to Haram, I advise...
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Utopiant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
UAE
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We were 4 couples and booked 4 rooms. On arraivel about 13:00 they told us rooms are not available because check out time is 14:00 and check in is 16:00. After a while they gave us 3 rooms in different floors.

I came back at 17:20 after completing the Omra, very tired, looking for a shower. I was expecting to get the 4th room but they told me that the room is not available yet. When I asked why the room is not available if check out time is 14:00. I understood from the manager that they are extending the stay for few hours for some guests. Those guests are paying for the extended hours. That means that they are renting my room to other guests.

I got the room about 18:10 and there was no time to have a shower. I told the manager that there is no towels in any of the 4 rooms. He called the housekeepers and asked them to put towels in the rooms. I came back after Maghreb pray to take a shower but for my surprise there was no towels. I called the housekeeping two times they promised to bring the towels. When called them for the third time they told me that there is no towels and they are going to deliver only when the laundry car arrives and delivers the clean towels.

None of the 4 rooms has a view. All windows are internal and facing windows of other rooms. Bathrooms are very small.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank tabbasy

Travelers are raving about these Mecca hotels

kuala lumpur
Reviewed February 16, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Al Safwah Royale Orchid in Mekah last week when performing the umrah. I fell in love with the view from the hotel room at first sight-we got the kaabah view ! We have only been back in our homeland a few days ago and I am already missing the glorious view of the kaabah from the room where we were staying at level 15.The location of the hotel is excellent especially for those who are accompanied by children or the elderly. Easy access to masjidil haram entrances,shopping areas and eateries.The hotel has excellent laundry and room service too.Housekeeping and internet service could be improved,though.I would recommend this hotel to anyone anytime.

Room Tip: Choose the one with the kaabah view
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Lyn t
Khasab, Oman
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Excellent location. Close to haram and to shopping . Good service at the reception. Rooms are small and it was abit dark at times. Did not try the room service so no comment on that.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank TripleAmama
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We stayed in Al Safwa Tower hotel in Makkah during the Hajj. It was incredibly busy and crowded hotel due to the Hajj season. Pilgrimages were flowing in and out. We were given the back side of the hotel and not Kaba view. The rooms were always dark and during day time also had to put on lights all the time. The rooms were not cleaned regularly, probably thinking of women living in cover. We had to call them to clean the rooms. The lifts were always busy and many people kept waiting in front of the lifts. Food was most of the time terrible. Managers were racist and behaved differently with Asians and Arabs. Overall feelings were not very good. There were Mekkah view rooms with additional charges. Good hotel for the pilgrimages as it is adjacent to the holy Kabah.

Room Tip: Have to check rooms before
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Kaniz K
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Very near to ka'ba, If you looking for bathtub, or enjoying the bathroom, forget it! The bathroom is full for two people, f&b 24 hours at the shoping arcade, couple works here and there, a bit dusty. Best place for umra and hajj, ever!

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Jambary
United Kingdom
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,120 helpful votes
Reviewed September 6, 2011

The hotel forms part of a trio of hotels next to the Makkah Towers. During Ramadan the rate is almost tripled and increases again for the last 10 nights of Ramadan. In fact the Raffles at Makkah a few days after Ramadan could have been had much cheaper than the daily rate we paid for this hotel during the fasting period.

The cab could not drop us off outside the hotel as the road was blocked. We had to walk with our luggage about 400 metres.

This is a newly built 5 star hotel but in reality there are few genuine 5 star hotels in Makkah although they love to charge the premium prices. Check in was quick and easy although there was no warm greetings or smiles from the reception staff. Not what I expect from a 5 star hotel.

We had a deluxe room but with an awful view of a brick wall. No Harem view for us in fact a street view would had been preferable than what we got. It looked like the folks who arrived earlier in the Ramadan period got the better view rooms.

Our room had twin beds but no small table and chairs. It looks like that was removed; there was not even a prayer mat, not what we expect from a 5 star hotel.

The bathroom was compact but adequate and I liked the separate shower unit. Our room had a fridge and a small sink but little amenities provided apart from a kettle and tea/coffee. The lack of table and chairs where we could sit and eat and drink was an issue. There is free wifi but it took us a day to get the log in details and password from reception.

We had evening buffet included as part of our package. Of course evening dinner would be very busy but we always found ourselves a table outside the main restaurant area. The food was Arabic and international. The mixed grill was nice, I would had preferred regular fruit juices such as Orange/pineapple rather than the exotic stuff they gave such as Qurmaddin!

The desserts were yummy and extensive, lovely Gateau’s and Baklava but lack of a cake knife really got to me. Expecting people to cut cakes with spoons and forks is not what I expect from a 5 star hotel.

On the day we departed, there were 400 guests checking out and 400 new guests due to check in. The hotel was in chaos as we had problems getting the bell boy. I expect the hotel to do better, as if this was not unexpected.

The plus points for the hotel are location just metres away from the Harem. There is a shopping area below the hotel, a food court and even a small supermarket. There is a large prayer area similar to that of the nearby Hilton hotel in the lower floor for guests of the three adjoining hotels, useful for Friday prayers when the Harem is packed. The lifts were fast and plentiful but you may still have to prepare to wait a bit during the call for prayers.

There were several people staying in the hotel who I knew including the organiser who booked the hotel on my behalf. They liked the location but expressed disappointment as to how the hotel operated and the facilities it offered, they had stayed at other hotels in Makkah and this was not the 5 star experience they expected.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple