“Excellent hotel but..” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 337 Hotels in Mecca
Yanbu al Sinaiyah, Al Madinah, Saudi Arabia
“Excellent hotel but..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

excellent location close to Haram, shopping and food court. excellent staff, helpful and excellent service. however, bathroom quality has to be upgraded to be at par with 5 star standard. wifi is extra charge and should consider as part of the room rate if not free. great breakfast with variety of foods.

Room Tip: value for money but depending on the seassion.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Setu S
almarwarayhaan50, General Manager at Al Marwa Rayhaan by Rotana-Makkah, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Al Marwa Rayhann Makkah by Rotana. I was pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us.
Positive comments mentioned about our excellent location, breakfast service and Staff, will definitely be shared with our colleagues.
Once again, we acknowledge your feedback and look forward to welcome you again on your next visit!

Mostafa Tantawi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Arabic first

check-in check-out timing: excellent
price to quality: excellent
breakfast: excellent
problems are :
1/ fridge and hair dryer out of service and nobody can help to fix it.
2/ no curtain in the bath room so a simple shower can transform the room to a pool !!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Haydar A
almarwarayhaan50, General Manager at Al Marwa Rayhaan by Rotana-Makkah, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Mr. Haydar,

Thank you very much for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at Al Marwa Rayhaan Rotana - Makkah.
I have noted your constructive feedback and it is addressed with the concerned Department Head for immediate action.
We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Al Marwa Rayhaan Rotana - Makkah. once again.

Regards.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

Excellent hotel in big shopping centre. Just next to Abdul Aziz gate. Good standard hotel for those who are travelling with family. Breakfast great. Staff helpful. Wifi is not free you have to pay it (bit expensive). Lots of shops for shopping and eating place in that big shopping centre where hotel is situated. Though food in shopping centre is very expensive. Fast food is really expensive like R25/R30 per head.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank M K
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at Al Marwa Rayhaan. I was pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us.

More importantly, the positive comments mentioned about our excellent location and Staff, will definitely be shared with our colleagues.

Once again, we acknowledge your feedback and we look forward to welcome you again on your next visit!

Chittagong City, Bangladesh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed there... 2 days ... during my trip.. there service is too good....but as a 5 star they need to improve there bathroom quality and design.rest is all ok.But the rooms are bigger then any other 5 star hotel....but i wish they had better facilities in there reception lounge for there guest...and also they need to improve there quality like other hotels in that builiding...!!!

Expensive....but the...Location is just too good. best place.

Room Tip: Try to stay there for the location and if possible ask them to give u front facing room otherwise u...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank iqchy
almarwarayhaan50, General Manager at Al Marwa Rayhaan by Rotana-Makkah, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Mr. Iqchy,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share with us your experience during your recent stay.
It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us.

Al Muharraq, Bahrain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Here I stay again at Al marwa Rayhaan, I like its location and my family loves everything about it, as it is close to the Haram and every other thing we need. On this visit I realized that they upgrade their rooms, love the new décor; and the toilets are different too I liked the closed shower; I believe now it is up to the level of other competing 5 star hotels.

But as always they lack communicating skills, I don’t know why? I tried to understand the reasons, but it seems hard to get conclusions.

I made my reservation online, 2 months ahead of time for 3 adults, when we arrived they gave us 2 single bed room, which was obvious and acceptable, as in my mind I had no doubt that we will receive the additional bed after some time – though it should have been there the moment we arrive – we waited for almost 2 hours, nothing happened, though I talked to the reception 3 time. On my way to Umrah I went to the front disk and gave them permission to enter the room and add the missing bed. After 3-4 hours we came back to our room tired assuming that the bed was there, but it was not; I wonder why? It seems like a person has to scream and shout to get some attention - that what I’ve done - . Finally we got the bed.

Here I would like to thank Mr. Ahmad Algarni for his cooperation, he was extremely mannered and ready to help, and he took the matter on his hand seriously and solved it calmly and professionally. I Admire his behavior.

Overall I was nice experience, I would have rated it excellent, but because of the staff lack communication skills I will rate it very good; better than last visit. I hope on my next visit I see some changes in the communication department.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank weldan077
almarwarayhaan50, General Manager at Al Marwa Rayhaan by Rotana-Makkah, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Weldan

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share with us your experience during your recent stay and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Further, the positive comments mentioned about our excellent location, up gradation of rooms, and Ahmad Algarni, our front Desk Agent, will definitely be shared with our colleagues, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make Al Marwa Rayhaan Makkah a leader in excellence.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stayed there during Ramadan for couple of nights and paid a lot of money for that. Alhamdulillah, it was very good. We liked the service and food but the only issue was that I asked for a baby crib/bed many times but they never brought for us. One of the staffs during check out said he would take care next time but not sure what would be done.

On the contrary, when we went to movenpick in madina, they sent the baby bed as soon we came to the room.

Any response from the management?

Mohammad Chowdhury.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank yamin001
Dear Yamin,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience during your recent stay and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us.