First of all, the location of this hotel (and all hotels in the Abraj complex) is second to none, situated just a minute walk to the holy mosque. Due to the structure of the hotel, Rotana provides a hit or miss experience, which means your experience positive or negative will really depend on your luck and expectations.
We booked a room with the "Kabah" view, reception staff were efficient and friendly. First we were taken to a room with v poor view, after complaint we were shifted to another room with full panoramic view (attached pictures) which was amazing, however the furnitures were v old, rusty and the room extremely dusty and dirty. Another complaint and we were shifted and upgraded to a suite on a high floor thanks to the excellent customer service who did their best, the view and the room this time were perfect and i was satisfied. The suite is quiet spacious, with live-streaming prayer, which means you can pray along with the Imaam in your room facing the kabaah at your window! I am attaching pictures to this review to help people with the selection of their rooms and the type of views available in Rotana. From my experience the rooms on the HIGHER floors are the good ones, with new furnitures etc, the lower floor rooms are the older run down ones. Also keep in mind that a large number of rooms are privately-owned which you can't access (the rooms with the best views are privately owned)
Breakfast had excellent selection, it's the same everyday but Rotana made sure there was food available for all cultures. There is also a lunch and dinner buffet which is also excellent. In Room Dining quality was average, i would skip it.
The elevators are spacious which lessen wait times, never had to wait long. The hotel is situated above a massive mall which makes shopping experience a breeze and access to food court easy (although i didn't like the food quality at the mall food courts)
Overall, i like this hotel, it provides a comfortable stay and i will most likely return. Although the experience can be hit or miss, which means you may end up with a bad room, or not getting a view you paid for. The hotel's customer service does it's best to resolve issues and i truly appreciate the guest relations department, however if the hotel is full you may be forced to accept what you have if you aren't lucky. My recommendation for this hotel is to renovate and update every single room in the hotel equally, and be more clear about each room's view, such as labeling them as "full" or "partial" kabah view, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Makkah's new Abraj Al Bait development, Al Marwa Rayhaan by Rotana - Makkah is Rotana's first hotel to open in Saudi Arabia under the new brand Rayhaan Hotels & Resorts by Rotana, offering 481 well appointed rooms and suites with luxurious bathrooms and modern design complementing the values of the contemporary Arabian culture. With 415 rooms and suites newly renovated and refurbished with view of Masjid Al Haram and the Kaaba, you can make your stay even more relaxed and comfortable. This 5 star hotel is offering an uncompromising alternative that upholds the world-class standards synonymous with the Rotana name. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Al Marwa Rayhaan by Rotana-Makkah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Al Marwa Rayhaan By Rotana-Makkah Hotel Mecca
- Al Marwa Rayhaan By Rotana-Makkah Mecca