All reviews kaaba view room service clock tower direct access hajj season excellent location holy mosque recommend this hotel excellent service hotel location my mother excellent experience restaurant staff nice stay rooms are spacious very nice hotel house keeping
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The room was clean and panoramic to Al-Kaabah. The only annoyance were the below is smelly needs to be changed not only the cover. Doors are mot soundproofing it was annoying to hear kids playing and screaming in the whole. The hotel is the last one of its closest location to Al-Haram, there are closers but it was Ok to us.

Room tip: Change below
Date of stay: January 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AccorMakkah H, Guest Relations Manager at Swissotel Al Maqam Makkah, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mohammad, thanks for your comment. We’re sorry that you had some troubles during your stay. We’ll consider your comment and forward it immediately to the concerned department as we’re always working on developing our services. Looking forward to serving you again.

Reviewed January 21, 2020

I selected this hotel after extensive search for different hotels that provides Kaaba view in Markka and it didn't disappoint.
The hotel is excellent, and new. the staff friendly and helpful, smooth check in process.
the location is unique, very near to Haram, 5 minutes to Kaaba.
I selected a room with Kaaba view (which is different than Haram view, be careful while selecting your room)
We had a junior suite for a family of four, and it was more than enough.
the room is very comfortable, the view is breathtaking, the room has microphones to transmit all prayers from Kaaba.
the area around the hotel is commercial area where you can but anything you want full of shops and restaurants.
the one tricky part is that in order to get a taxi you will have to go underground, uber can;t be requested from the hotel, however, you can set your location to (ben Laden mosque) which is near by and call the uber to inform him with your location. but you need to make sure to tell the concierge at the door with the plates number so they let him in.
The breakfast is really excellent and the service is great considering the big number of guest
I completely recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: January 2020

Dear Guest, glad you had an amazing experience during your stay at our hotel. It has been our pleasure to serve you and we’re looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

Was pleasantly surprised was my first time at this hotel in abraj/towers in Makkah.
Friendly Staff & Prompt Checkin at reception, the rooms bigger than usual & newer same goes for hallways elevators lobby etc & house keeping is good.
Walk & access from outside the mall makes it more convenient.
Will always be a choice visiting next time Makkah Inshallah

Trip type: Traveled with family
AccorMakkah H, Guest Relations Manager at Swissotel Al Maqam Makkah, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2020

Reviewed January 20, 2020

Amazing stay in a Junior suite with Kaaba view....MashAllah.
Very good room service and VIP service at reception .
Breakfast buffet is wonderful.
Very easy access to Haram , only view minutes.
Congrats to al the team, Perfect job.

Room tip: View on Haram / Kaaba
Date of stay: January 2020

Dear Mohammed, glad you had an amazing experience during your stay at our hotel. It has been our pleasure to serve you and we’re looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed January 20, 2020

Stayed for 5 nghts last week rented 3 rooms for a group of 8. Very close to the Haram so super convenient to go for prayers. The side entrance leads to th haram whch is a 100 m away.

The good part, the rooms are very spacious and well laid out. Live azaan and tilawat inside the room. Tolieteries are good. Bathroom is reasonable size. House keeping was good.

The bad were a few. My wife has some food allergies and although the room service menu stated that people should mention if they have allergies and staff would be available to help. We asked for a simple grilled chicken in salt and pepper and oil only. The staff just didnt understand the requirement and sent on e of their regular dishes to which we werent sure about the ingredients. Thisrequest was made twice and on both ocasions the standard dish was sent. Clear instructions were given about not using any onions and fried onions were put on the dish besides the chicken not being done as per pur request. As a result my wife ended up having boiled rice only for the whole trip. If you cant handle food allergies then pls dont make a claim on your menu.

Another strange thing was everything needed to be paid in cash or through a card right when ist was delivered be it the fod or the laundry. The laundry even asked if I was sure topay the laundry billwhich was around 160 riyals. Whie I totally understand that the pilgrims move in and out quickly and you dont want to waste time at check out. The option should be given to block a certain amount on the credit card instead of asking for an amount against every order.

At the checkout, the clerk asked how was the stay, I said great room very ordinary service. HE listened and didn't bother to probe further

At the end we had the worst experience. After check out we were supposed to get a van from the basement. The driver told me that I was supposed to inform the security about the car number else they wont let it in. I told the number to the security guy but he didnt budge. After waiting for ten minutes I asked him again and he took me aside and asked for a bribe 'bakhsheesh' of 20 riyals to get the car in --- this right after I had performed umrah. After being forced tp pay, I still waited for another 40 mins but the guy didnt give the car clearance. Finally I had to go to the entrance and get the vehicle myself showing the hotel card. This mafia needs to be handled and removed !!!!!!!!

Date of stay: January 2020

Thank you for your feedback which is highly appreciated. Sorry that you had some troubles regarding some of our team members. We’ll consider your comment and forward it immediately to the concerned department. We look forward to serving you in the future.