Tripadvisor
Mecca
All reviews kaaba view room service clock tower direct access hajj season excellent location holy mosque recommend this hotel excellent service hotel location my mother excellent experience restaurant staff nice stay rooms are spacious very nice hotel house keeping
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

Was pleasantly surprised was my first time at this hotel in abraj/towers in Makkah.
Friendly Staff & Prompt Checkin at reception, the rooms bigger than usual & newer same goes for hallways elevators lobby etc & house keeping is good.
Walk & access from outside the mall makes it more convenient.
Will always be a choice visiting next time Makkah Inshallah

Trip type: Traveled with family
AccorMakkah H, Guest Relations Manager at Swissotel Al Maqam Makkah, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2020

Dear Guest, glad you had an amazing experience during your stay at our hotel. It has been our pleasure to serve you and we’re looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed January 20, 2020

Amazing stay in a Junior suite with Kaaba view....MashAllah.
Very good room service and VIP service at reception .
Breakfast buffet is wonderful.
Very easy access to Haram , only view minutes.
Congrats to al the team, Perfect job.

Room tip: View on Haram / Kaaba
Date of stay: January 2020

Dear Mohammed, glad you had an amazing experience during your stay at our hotel. It has been our pleasure to serve you and we’re looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed January 20, 2020

Stayed for 5 nghts last week rented 3 rooms for a group of 8. Very close to the Haram so super convenient to go for prayers. The side entrance leads to th haram whch is a 100 m away.

The good part, the rooms are very spacious and well laid out. Live azaan and tilawat inside the room. Tolieteries are good. Bathroom is reasonable size. House keeping was good.

The bad were a few. My wife has some food allergies and although the room service menu stated that people should mention if they have allergies and staff would be available to help. We asked for a simple grilled chicken in salt and pepper and oil only. The staff just didnt understand the requirement and sent on e of their regular dishes to which we werent sure about the ingredients. Thisrequest was made twice and on both ocasions the standard dish was sent. Clear instructions were given about not using any onions and fried onions were put on the dish besides the chicken not being done as per pur request. As a result my wife ended up having boiled rice only for the whole trip. If you cant handle food allergies then pls dont make a claim on your menu.

Another strange thing was everything needed to be paid in cash or through a card right when ist was delivered be it the fod or the laundry. The laundry even asked if I was sure topay the laundry billwhich was around 160 riyals. Whie I totally understand that the pilgrims move in and out quickly and you dont want to waste time at check out. The option should be given to block a certain amount on the credit card instead of asking for an amount against every order.

At the checkout, the clerk asked how was the stay, I said great room very ordinary service. HE listened and didn't bother to probe further

At the end we had the worst experience. After check out we were supposed to get a van from the basement. The driver told me that I was supposed to inform the security about the car number else they wont let it in. I told the number to the security guy but he didnt budge. After waiting for ten minutes I asked him again and he took me aside and asked for a bribe 'bakhsheesh' of 20 riyals to get the car in --- this right after I had performed umrah. After being forced tp pay, I still waited for another 40 mins but the guy didnt give the car clearance. Finally I had to go to the entrance and get the vehicle myself showing the hotel card. This mafia needs to be handled and removed !!!!!!!!

Date of stay: January 2020

Thank you for your feedback which is highly appreciated. Sorry that you had some troubles regarding some of our team members. We’ll consider your comment and forward it immediately to the concerned department. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed January 19, 2020

Very nice accomodation in the hotel. Good services in restauration and the quality of organization in restaurant is excellent. Very nice breakfast and good tast. Many kind of meals offered for kids and for adults

Room tip: 2 single bed
Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AccorMakkah H, Guest Relations Manager at Swissotel Al Maqam Makkah, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2020

Dear Guest, we would like to thank you for giving us an ideal classification regarding your stay, and we are always keen on providing the highest quality at Swissotel Al Maqam restaurants in Mecca, and we hope to see you soon on the next visit in Makkah.

Reviewed January 15, 2020 via mobile

We visited swisshotel almaqam Makkah as a family trip the hotel was great although the furniture was not clean but babul miah helped us so much he was great in his work I’d like to thank him
Overall rating 7/10

Trip type: Traveled with family
AccorMakkah H, Guest Relations Manager at Swissotel Al Maqam Makkah, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2020

Thank you Rahaf for your feedback which is highly appreciated. We’ll consider your comment and forward it immediately to the concerned department. We look forward to serving you in the future.