All reviewsthe ownerbalcony facing the streetcheap hotelnext morningcentral locationsameerjordanammanabu
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We stayed here in december 2011. By chance we found it after searching for Madabas cheapest and I believe it is one of them. We intended to stay for one night which tuned into 4 nights finding it difficult to leave largely due to the staff who were amongst the most friendliest and most helpful people we met in our whole year travelling. Dont believe the reviews in the lonely planet as they are old and the owners and staff have changed.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joel B
Reviewed March 28, 2012

For a budget hotel you cannot ask too much. The bathrooms are clean, the water is warm, towels and soap provided. There was a heater in the room. The beds are big and comfortable.True, there is a blanket instead of an oversheet on the bed. (but go to a real local hotel and you get only blankets). The streetside is noisy, (don't fall for the balcony deal), better to request a room at the back. This having been said, the owner, Geries, and his team were the most friendly Jordanians we met during our two and a half week trip through the country. The welcome is warm, one feels immediately at home, and Geries went out of his way to accompany us to the shops in our quest for camping gaz.
The friendlyness and hospitality are sincere, and make this a great place to stay on arrival in Jordan.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the backside, where you will not have the traffic noise.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Having stayed both here and in the Mariam Hotel in Madaba, I can honestly say unbiasedly that you should spend an extra 10 dinar and stay in the Mariam. Don't even think twice - you will eat the 10 dinar in breakfast if nothing else! On a recent trip to Jordan we stayed in a wide range of accommodation from completely basic to cut-price luxury (for Aqaba see what online deals there are for the Hilton, we stayed there for approx 40 dinar a night) despite being recommended in Lonely Planet and by a french couple we met there is no way I can recommend this. The owner was friendly but that's about it. Our room was freezing, smelt of smoke, very noisy (although admittedly if you had a room at the back it would probably be better) the bathroom grotty and stained. We paid 30 dinar for a double room because it had a balcony - not worth it. Stay in the Mariam!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BristolMartha
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I was recomamded by a french couple to stay in this hotel..the location was great,it only a few step to all the important site and food area in centre Madaba,great value for money with good breakfast.
There is a Italian restaurant and bar at the entrance...I had a nice time having dinner and breakfast there.
Free Wi-Fi and the staff Walid was a super host,very friendly and helpful,I told him I was travelling around Jordan for almost the last 10 days with all the advanture and hiking,hope can have a room at the lower level,so he gave me a room just on the 1st floor which I dont have to claim the stair,and the shower is next to it,I can have this big room just for myself,later I found out that room is actually a private room for staff,but he did his best to make me feel like am at home..he treated every guest like VIP and a special one,hope he still remember this little asian girl that like his white sugar cup...thank again Walid...I will try my best to eat all the pasta next time so it free...haha.
For budget traveller,you will never regret of staying there.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank bluedresslye
Reviewed January 23, 2012

We are in the minority I know. We stayed at this hotel a week ago. Yes they were really friendly people gave us tea on arrival. However we slept fully clothed the bed sheets were not clean and the quilts. We had stayed in all kinds of hotels in Jordon and have wrote good reviews. I do not like to complain, we did not like to make a fuss . May be we were just unlucky. Clean bed , hot water and we are easy going.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple