All reviewsthe ownerbalcony facing the streetcheap hotelnext morningcentral locationsameerjordanammanabu
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Having stayed both here and in the Mariam Hotel in Madaba, I can honestly say unbiasedly that you should spend an extra 10 dinar and stay in the Mariam. Don't even think twice - you will eat the 10 dinar in breakfast if nothing else! On a recent trip to Jordan we stayed in a wide range of accommodation from completely basic to cut-price luxury (for Aqaba see what online deals there are for the Hilton, we stayed there for approx 40 dinar a night) despite being recommended in Lonely Planet and by a french couple we met there is no way I can recommend this. The owner was friendly but that's about it. Our room was freezing, smelt of smoke, very noisy (although admittedly if you had a room at the back it would probably be better) the bathroom grotty and stained. We paid 30 dinar for a double room because it had a balcony - not worth it. Stay in the Mariam!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BristolMartha
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I was recomamded by a french couple to stay in this hotel..the location was great,it only a few step to all the important site and food area in centre Madaba,great value for money with good breakfast.
There is a Italian restaurant and bar at the entrance...I had a nice time having dinner and breakfast there.
Free Wi-Fi and the staff Walid was a super host,very friendly and helpful,I told him I was travelling around Jordan for almost the last 10 days with all the advanture and hiking,hope can have a room at the lower level,so he gave me a room just on the 1st floor which I dont have to claim the stair,and the shower is next to it,I can have this big room just for myself,later I found out that room is actually a private room for staff,but he did his best to make me feel like am at home..he treated every guest like VIP and a special one,hope he still remember this little asian girl that like his white sugar cup...thank again Walid...I will try my best to eat all the pasta next time so it free...haha.
For budget traveller,you will never regret of staying there.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank bluedresslye
Reviewed January 23, 2012

We are in the minority I know. We stayed at this hotel a week ago. Yes they were really friendly people gave us tea on arrival. However we slept fully clothed the bed sheets were not clean and the quilts. We had stayed in all kinds of hotels in Jordon and have wrote good reviews. I do not like to complain, we did not like to make a fuss . May be we were just unlucky. Clean bed , hot water and we are easy going.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank swim023
Reviewed January 11, 2012

After staying in Petra we decided to spend a coupple of days on the road to Amman and we decided to stay in Madaba. So we went to Queen Ayola Hotel and after booking for two nights we stayed there for the rest of our holiday, nine days ! The service is perfect, the room is clean and new looking. The restaurant is an amazing meeting point with other indipendent travellers like us. And my terrible son Eric, six years old, became soon the favourite of the staff and the owners. Madaba is a perfect base to visit the busy Amman ( just 45 min with the pubblic bus), the ancient Jerash ( about 1hour and half still with the pubblic bus) and a cheap starting point to see the Mount Nebo and the death Sea. And it is relaxing and tranquillizer the thought to go back every evening in Queen Ayola Hotel and share our opiniones with Walid ( thank you very much for your friendship and help), the heart of the place, and the two boss, always ready to help us and ready to explane us the life in Jordan!
Thank you very much from Sabatini family !!
Marzio, Marisse and Eric

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Marzio S
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We had a little trouble finding our way through the one way streets of madaba, so it might be worth finding a map, but once found parking is right outside. The location is excellent for exploring the old town.

The room was clean, comfortable and warm and even had a TV. We had a shared bathroom, but only with one other room which worked out fine, although one day fro some resaon the water did not work, but staff quickly sorted it.

The staff were excellent, very friendly, helpful, telling us plenty of things about the area and helping out.

Beware if you want to sleep our room faced the Mosque just over the road, so the call to prayer is quite loud (but we found it quite beautiful.)

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple