“best option in madaba”
Review of Grand Hotel Madaba

Grand Hotel Madaba
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Madaba
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I have just spent two weeks in Madaba at the Best Western Grand Hotel, and I can only say good things about it. It is a very comfortable brand new hotel located near the town center. The rooms are big and comfortable, great bathrooms, very nice outdoor area, the food was excellent, but its more remarkable feature is the people: great staff, always willing to help, to answer questions, to solve your problems. If you are lucky enough to meet the owners do not miss the opportunity to have a chat with them.

Room Tip: Talk to people!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Samertwal, Owner at Grand Hotel Madaba, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 00962795702200.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stood at the Grand while it was in "soft opening" mode, which I guess means it was not officially inaugurated, but everything was up and running, actually. We wanted a safe bet for our last night in Jordan after 10 days at different levels of accommodation. This place was the right choice. Ample well equipped rooms, full service shower, very good breakfast and attentive personnel. Top advice if you want an upmarket style hotel. If you want something cheaper, the Mariam Hotel is just 50 meter far from here.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank homedelsac

Reviewed September 11, 2013

My friend and I have just returned from this hotel and it is a very nice hotel and all the staff are very friendly and the rooms were clean and comfortable. We had a pick up from the airport arranged with the hotel and due to an accident the driver was an hour late collecting us, when we arrived at the hotel we were given free drinks and meze as a way of an apology which was a very nice gesture and not a lot of hotels would do that. Also we would like to mention our driver Fakhrey Abu Saeed who drove us around for the 5 days we were in Jordan, he is a very good guide full of lots of information and is very reliable and friendly, on the long trips that we did from the hotel he would always provide us with free water and little snacks for the journey which we felt was very kind and not expected at all. He was always willing to help with any questions we had and made our trips very worth while stopping off for photo opportunities and other places to visit on route to the main sights, nothing was too much trouble for him. A very good driver / guide and highly recommend him if you ever visit the area. Very friendly locals. Overall a great experience in Madaba and Jordan.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 573Sarah

Reviewed September 5, 2013

The music at night at this hotel is WAY TOO LOUD. Nobody can sleep or relax because of the loud music and it ruins anything nice about this hotel. If the music could be turned down to a respectful level this could be a nice place, it is in a good location and is new. The management needs to be considerate of others and realize that people don't need nightclub level music to enjoy this place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Matt N

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

We feel sorry that you were annoyed with the loud music, but this was a last minute arrangement we had to do it.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you saw and how was your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. Very nice. I would recommend it. I have read some of the bad reviews on this property and the only thing I can think of is the folks who gave bad reviews are the type of people who are NEVER happy with anything. Don't let the hateful idiots of this world deter you from staying here.

Room Tip: Ask if there is a wedding or other large celebration going on at the hotel during your stay. If ther...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank DanfromChiangMai

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I am wife of Markokol2013.
I saw your answer and have to add some explanations.

Thank you for taking your precious time to publish your point of view. When there was time to discuss about problem you didn't want to discuss it with us. You rather gave instruction to call the police.
Nice practise, but I didn't met it yet nowhere.

Unfortunately your answer is full of lies.
1.) Sheets were dirty! You saw this and your receptionist as well. This is why you gave us new room, and in new room it was even worse. You wrote it is bigger room...? I didn't notice it. Maybe it is longer a bit, but this is minor thing and already the first room was spacious enough.
2.) Reception lady and bartender were changing sheets probably 6 or 7 times. True.
All those sheets they wanted to give on the bed were single bed sheets. And we had double bed.
So the problem was not that they were all dirty. They were simply too small. Your staff was kind no discussion. But they are obviousely not trained or qualified for changing the sheets. What a demanding task.... Isn't it?
3.) When we were setteling the payment we asked for 50% of discount for 2 nights which would be in my eyes fair. We didn't want to pay the services we didn't get. I think our proposal was very reasonable. 2 nights were really disaster. We couldn't shower, we couldn't get to sleep...
And you didn't want to discuss with us at all. This tells a lot about you and your friendly practise....
We got served by your people that we already have better price etc... But this was your kind offer. And there was no discussion about less servces for that reason.
At the end we got served that maximum 20 JD of discount is possible or your receptionist has to call the police.
No problem. We payed it because we were not willing and didn't have time to discuss things for hours with police late in the night.
At 3:00 we had to leave the hotel for airplane. So we really didn't have much to choose.
Your original agreed price was OK for us we even payed for 3 nights in advance, one week earlier. If we would need or wish bigger discount we would negotiate this earlier. But to pay something I didn't get this is really stupid to ask from me.
4.) shower handle.... ?
True shower handle was broken. I can't comment was it deliberately or not. But when we came back to hotel the last day we found it like that. We immediately called your receptionist and tell her about it. We insisted that she have to come and see it, because i had bad feeling that somebody will say we did it...
I only can say that obviousely strange things are happening in your hotel rooms while guests are not there.
Once we got full shower of sand.... Next time shower is broken.... ??? What else?
5.) common sense you say. We could check out earlier. That is true. We could and we would if we would know what will happen at the end. All the time ewerybody knew what happened. All of you were prommising we will find the solution...
And solution at the end was pay full price or police...
6.) you are mentioning 7 star hotel... I don't know why.
You have 4 stars and i really think that it shouldn't happen in such hotel that there comes the day when there is no cleaning personal the whole day.
You can immagine us comming back from trip late in the night and we find out there is no toilet paper, no shampoo or towels...
And finally you don't want ewent to hear us at all...
7.) one day (evening) we went on your terrace to drink a coffe. There were few tables. Actually all of the were empty. No guest probably since last evening. But all tables were dirty. Full of pigeon creations with aditons of who knows what.
We were sitting behind two tables. After a while one of your kind cleaners came and cleaned one table. The other one and all the rest was left like they were... So you can immagine that even this experience didn't left good feelings to us. Although all people were really kind to us. But level of cleanliness is Madaba like...

Enough for now and for ever. It is not worth to loose more time. I travel a lot all around the world and have never experienced something like that.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 00962795702200.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

ialla conference on advocacy on Adult Education and life lifelong learning to help manager in the world to run Life Long Learning programmes. The skills and knowledge to be acquired will be used how best shall the lifelong programmes will be run in my home country. My country has a low literacy rate and low unemployed youth.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business