“Fantastic family run hotel”
Review of Mariam Hotel

and 1 more site!
Mariam Hotel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Madaba
Madaba, Jordan
“Fantastic family run hotel”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This is a wonderful famiy run small hotel in the glorious location of Madaba. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful which when you are travelling alone.is very important and I was welcomed as a part of the family This started by being collected at the airport despite the flight being delayed by 3 hours. They had a list of drivers available for any destination in Jordan and prices marked clearly. The very reasonable cost was per car and the fare shared between passengers. They could also be arranged at very short notice . I took full advantage of this service and visited hot springs, Amman, and the Dead Sea. When I left they arranged and took me on a full day trip to Petra , direct to my Bedouin Camp via Karak and other national parks.
I had a good sized double room for the price of a single , with balcony overlooking the swimming pool which I used everyday (October 2012) . There is good heating and internet.
There are loungers by the pool and a bar offering drinks and food.
Jordan is a spectacular country to visit . I was there in October and in December 2012. It is a very safe country and Madaba is a lovely and interesting little town with many wonderful mosaics. I would highly recommend this hotel, this location and Jordan.
janet tully

Room Tip: All rooms look over the pool and are quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Janet T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Armidale, Australia
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Every staff member went out of their way to ensure a very rewarding and enjoyable stay. The rooms are comfortable and great value for money. Staff were unfailingly cheerful and obliging from the lobby to the bar to the restaurant. They organised trips and taxis with costs and conditions of use clear to all parties. The location is good and the breakfasts excellent with a great 5th floor view over the town.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool/bar area with balconies are great.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ec0s
, Owner at Mariam Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. Yes Mariam hotel got twice traveler choice during the past 2 years, and that’s only due to the hard work of Mariam hotel staff and their care we are very proud to have such a nice people working at Mariam hotel. Without them we will be just another hotel in town.
Thank you all.

Charl Al Twal
Sydney
Reviewed January 19, 2013

From being picked up from Petra and driven to Madaba to finding the best felafal in town nothing was too much trouble for any of the wonderful staff at the Mariam Hotel. We had a great room overlooking the pool and individual tours were arranged for us each morning as we required them. The place is extremely clean, the breakfast was delicious and the location was convenient. Stayed for five fantastic nights and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony or overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Persia69
melbourne
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This place is run by a group of friendly ( family?) people who go out of there way to assist. The hotel is clean, a 5 min walk from the centre of town on a quiet road. My room had good heating/ cooling & hot water. Free internet in your room & a good breakfast. I was there in winter, in snow so I notices that the lobby & bar area did not have heating.

Room Tip: Some rooms do not seem to have air con/heating so make sure you ask for this if you want it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank muchachitaoz
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We had a really good stay here at Mariam Hotel: the room was comfortable and good value for money...but what made our stay very special was the great service of the staff! Rania at reception is always very smiley and ready to help. Thank you for everything!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have stayed at a number of so called 2 star hotels/hostels since 27/12/2012 and I can say this one is best by far. Hot water on demand, comfy double bed for my wife and I, top service, hot breakfast for once and a restaurant and pool. The guy in the bar really does know how to make a cappachino even if I can't spel it. The wifi works quite well from our third floor room where I'm doing this review on my IPad. I just have to say I can't believe this place only has a 4 rating on TripAdvisor. I am prepared to stand by my review, and my booking reference is MAR30147, I assume this can be checked by TripAdvisor if it wishes. My wife and I are from Australia.

• Stayed January 2013
, Owner at Mariam Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Hello,
Happy new year to you.
I and all the staff at the Mariam Hotel are more than happy to read your kind review. We all would like to thank you for being such a loyal customer to us and for sharing your kind experience.
Our main strategy (our secret) is to keep our staff and our customers happy to deal with our establishment. We put efforts to train our staff and give them good payment to keep our service as good as possible keeping in mind we are 2* hotel. Also we relays on our reputation than any 3rd part to promote our bossiness we do not put our hotel rooms for sale on any booking system than our web site in order to save customers from paying 25 % commission to web sites such like expedia or booking.com this is only because we relays on our customer experience at the Mariam hotel and that they can share their experience on tripadvisor than any other web sites that will charge 25% commission to recommend us.
We wish you all the best and we are proud that you have a nice time at the Mariam hotel.
Hope to see you next time in Jordan and we will be here to serve you.
Best regards,
Charl Al Twal
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed in the winter, so I couldn't take advantage of the pool, but I still loved being here!

My room was quite large, the heater more than adequate, and everything was spotless. As well, the food at the bar is pretty good for the price and the wait staff extremely nice.

Everyone at the hotel was so helpful in setting up any tours or answering any other questions (I may have gone overboard on the questions). They have their own staff of drivers they use for various tours, all of whom are extremely nice and with whom I had a blast on my few trips!

I stayed in Amman for the last day of my trip and I can honestly say that I wish I had gone back to Madaba and Mariam Hotel instead. You can still take day trips to Jerash, the Dead Sea, etc. Do yourself a favor and stay in Madaba!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madaba
Mosaic City Hotel
#8 of 12 in Madaba
Amman Airport Hotel
Amman Airport Hotel
#102 of 145 in Amman

Been to Mariam Hotel? Share your experiences!