“Clean, friendly and affordable!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Phoenix Palace Hotel
Pristina, Kosovo
“Clean, friendly and affordable!”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Nice and clean hotel for a reasonable price.

The rooms are tidy and clean, the locals told me it is the best bargain in town - and I dont think they were exegerating.

Friendly and helpful staff.
The old beduin "papa" wich sits there at night dont speak to much of english, but will call over someone who does if there is something you will need after bed time.

A taxiservice to the airport is provided, i recommend to use it, as the price is fixed and you wont get into a hassle over the payment with a local cab.

A short strole from the town center, but worth it in standard and affordability.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Arriving late at night, the innkeepers were waiting for us with a smile and complimentary beverages. The room was simple, with ample space and comfortable beds. The water was hot. Fast Internet in the lobby and a great breakfast.

The amazingly low price for this elegant little gem of a hotel was only $30 for our double.

What I liked best was the animated conversation that developed among everyone present in the breakfast room: a true mix of culture in the best possible ways.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
England, Arkansas
Reviewed March 30, 2013

The location is great ,Staff are helpful specially Najmah and Ruba, the hotel is a homey with its garden where I was able to eat my breakfast there, and they arrange lovely tours.Nice, small hotel with friendly staff, that located close to gift shops for tourist.

The staffs are friendly for this family-run style hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The basic amenities of this hotel were sorely lacking. Redeeming features: friendly, over-eager young new employee who tried valiantly to fix all of the problems I encountered, rooms are quite spacioud, pretty quiet location, off-street parking for rental car is easy, they know how to boil hot water for tea (okay I am struggling obviously for positive points for this hotel).

When I arrived I was quoted a price high above what my email reservation had confirmed. They had to call to Amman to confirm the price I would pay, I was not informed of this price until check-out which was a bit disconcerting.

The rooms lock with an old school key and lock. The first room I checked into and locked the door behind me after entering would not let me out. I tried many many times to get out of the room but it was stuck somehow. I had to slam on the door and shout for several minutes for someone to finally come to my door. The staff member could not open the door after I slid the key out to him. So eventually I had to throw the key out the window to him? thank goodness I am a good shot or it may have landed on the roof and then I wouldn't have been able to get out of the room due to the bars on the window (hopefully there is NEVER a fire in this hotel or guests will not get out:(). Anyways, I chocked this up for a funny experience and changed rooms,,which they told me they would generously not charge me for being in a "better room".

Upon entering Room #2 it was freezing cold similar to Room #1. So the one guy who worked at reception who was very polite and endearing told me that it would warm up eventually...it took 3 hours!! It was December, a hotel in Jordan in December needs to be heated, it's cold there!! Then there was no hot water in the room,,,,he told me that the hot water would come in 4 to 7 minutes if I ran the water....and that the heat for building and hot water were on same system so first the hot water would heat up and THEN the room would start to heat up? So I wore the bathrobe in my room and sat under the covers miserably for about 40 minutes with the hot water running only on hot and the water never heated. So I decided well they say they have wifi in the room,,so I will try that,,so trudge downstairs for like the 4th time (no elevator) and ask for code,,all seems normal,until of course the code doesn't work,,the friendly guy came up and tried to make the wifi work for me and thought my laptop had issues,,he checks laptop out and then figures finally it is the wifi/router that has a weak connectioin in this part of the building. So eventually he goes and gets the router from another floor and sets it up in my room and it still doesn't work. So I said forget it...I will use the computer at the reception..awesome,,,so I get to sit in the reception in my white robe while the friendly guy and two other non-friendly staff smoke and watch tv. Finally after I was throughly perfumed in smoke I went to check hot water and heat in room and it was acceptable. Friendly guy assured me that in the morning water would already be heated and I could have a hot shower. In the morning before a 24 hour journey back home I was eager to have one final hot shower...but ,,,what was I thinking,,of COURSE there was no hot water:!:! unbelievable for a HOTEL!?!?!

When the nice friendly young man came back to my room for the 10th time, I asked him if there were other guests in the hotel..he said yes, I asked if they were happy with the hotel's services,,and he said yes? and I said that is hard to believe. Also harder to believe was that there actually WERE any guests as ALL keys for all rooms except the one that I was given were still in their slots in the little cubbies at reception. I am confident that I was the ONLY guest in the entire hotel that night.

So I went down to have the simple breakfast in the reception area. The two non-English speaking men there are hilariously unsmiling,,,there customer service skills are zilch. I was amazed to see another solo female traveller check in--I watched as she lugged her huge suitcase in through the door and up to the reception,,I couldn't believe that neither of the men offered to help her and then I watched as she checked in and the man checking her in did not smile or look at her once?!!? then he directed her to the staircase where he did not offer to take her suitcase up the stairs. Crazy.

She happened to be in the room next to me and I said hello when we met in the hall a few minutes later and she said her room was cold,,and asked if there was hot water because in her room the water was cold. How can a hotel operate like this?!

Room Tip: Ask for more blankets if it is cold in the room. Ensure when room is reserved that heat is on and ho...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Madaba hotels

Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed March 16, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 1night in February 2012.
The room was clean and spacious (we had 4 beds for 2 persons) but not a king size bed as we would have preferred. Bathroom with hot water, staff was quite friendly.
Location somewhat away from the 'city center', but not to far and more quiet as result I guess.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jeire123
billericay
Reviewed October 2, 2011

This is the sister Hotel to the famous budget Palace hotel in Amman and they offered me a free lift to Madabar. Found the hotel to be very clean and spacious room in a quiet street around 5 mins walk from the centre of town. The reception staff were particularly nice and the young lady in the morning couldn't of been more helpful. For the price and quality of this Hotel I find it hard to fault.

Room Tip: There's a good resturant on the way to town. Look out for a big BBQ sign. Hugh portions and grea...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo