“Quite simply the best service I have ever received!”
Review of Rumman Hotel

and 1 more site!
Rumman Hotel
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Madaba
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Quite simply the best service I have ever received!”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Upon landing at the Amman Airport I had very little clue what to do next as the trip was unplanned and spur of the moment. So I trotted on down to the tourism information desk and was greeted pleasantly by a very helpful and informative young woman. She continued to decipher my intentions for the holiday and what I really would enjoy and in minutes I was recommended a stay at the wonderful Rumman Hotel.

The taxi ride was brief and affordable and the driver a little on the quiet side (due in part of course to the language barrier <-- I don't speak Arabic). When I arrived at the hotel, I never thought much of it except that it seemed rather simple and quaint but not what one would call aesthetically pleasing. I was greeted by an enthusiastic gentleman who ensured that my bag was taken up to my room and explained the prices and services available in a succinct and direct manner. Very helpful!

I was of course served by many people in the hotel including the owner but rather enjoyed the English ability and genuine smile of Haya. A great asset to the company and certainly made me fall in love even more with this amazing hotel and great town. Mohanet (I think that’s how you spell his name) was equally qualified in the service arena and gave more than 100 per cent.

The rooms were spotlessly cleaned and the bed comfortable enough to keep me glued to it even though I realised I needed to be up already for my drives out into the tourist traps. The restaurant across the street offered the clients of the hotel discounted meals and also introduced me to Jordanian wine which is lovely and surprising.

They (the hotel team) facilitated everything for me, from daily excursions to my wake-up calls and drinks and smokes on the patio.

Just a marvellous group and can’t wait to get back there for my next visit.

Thanks to the owner and his wonderful staff for turning a great trip into a spectacular one!

Warren Moses
(South African Citizen residing in the UAE)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Warren M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This hotel was a pleasant surprise. After the beautiful warm welcome from the young receptionist we found the clean and well maintained lobby and bedrooms most pleasing. This was everything a good budget hotel should be: no frills but simple, clean, friendly and value for money.
We stayed only one night in transit home from Israel but would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone wanting this type of accommodation.
The restaurant across the road was also very good.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We arrived late at night from Amman. 3 adults and a baby. Unfortunately they misunderstood our reservation for a triple room and inside we had only a king sized bed and a crib. Thankfully the staff were quick to react and offered us another room at no extra cost for the 3rd adult in our group. This is awesome service and I'm grateful they had an extra room otherwise I'm not sure what we would've done.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hilversum, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is a nice hotel with very friendly staff. It's basic, but it really has all you need. I had two good nights' sleep here, and it is easy to get to the dead sea and mount nebo from here (with a car). It's a short walk into the town center.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 23, 2013

great hotel for backpackers ... I would like to commend Haya ( I don't know if I got her name right ) who was the receptionist was very friendly and helpful. I just stayed for one night as I was moving from one place to another everyday ... Haya arranged for my transportation to Wadi Mujib and Dead sea ... she even took care of my dinner as I got back to the hotel very tired.
My room was clean, actually the whole hotel was quiet and clean. Neighborhood is safe.
Across the hotel is a restaurant too ...
I recommend this hotel for the budget travelers, close to the airport. And a good base if you want to explore Madaba , Wadi Mujib and Dead sea for a few days.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
london
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel three times in my trip. At start as it's in a city near the airport, in middle of trip after exploring North Jordan, and after exploring the South before going to airport. The hotel has free wifi in rooms and lobby with decent speeds, iron, free cold water when asked and free tea near the lobby. Staff are friendly, caring and the hotel located near the centre but away from the traffic noise. I would definitely stay again if needed. The assistants helping with the luggage are friendly and quick. The hotel has a family feel and professionally run. Room size are good so the A/C don't take long to cool during hot afternoons, and free car park was useful.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank zkashan
N Yorks, UK
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Nicely appointed room with satellite TV, clean bathroom, safe for valuables, reading lights above the bed and aircon. Breakfast fine but nothing to write home about. Staff quietly friendly and helpful. Disregard the Lonely Planet comments about this hotel having the only bathtubs in town - it may well do, but the plugs don't fit so you can't have a bath! A little out of town in a quiet location - but quite easy to get lost even though it's easily walkable. This hotel felt peaceful and welcoming both nights - firstly after the insanity of Amman, and again after a day tramping to Mount Nebo, Bethany and the Dead Sea (all fantastic!). Recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple