“Expensive for average food - a tourist trap”

Green Valley Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Jerash
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 31, 2013

The food is nothing special compared to all the Arabic food we have had in numerous ME countries, but very expensive compared to other places we have eaten. An obvious tourist trap (although there were a few Jordanians eating there as well) as it is on the road leading to the ruins

3  Thank LBdiscoveries

Reviewed September 9, 2013

The food was excellent, tasty and nicely presented. The waiters were the best! Attentive, thoughtful, and made sure I had a nice vegetarian selection. Reasonably priced, tho maybe actually too much food! A great time in Jerash.

3  Thank Bookworm46
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My wife and I were in Jordan for a week (all over the country) and this was the best meal we had. Delicious options and plenty of food for a great value. I definitely recommend it if you living or visiting in Jerash!

2  Thank ZMAN3411
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My heart sank when I walked into this enormous restaurant full of coach parties, our driver recommended it and I thought we'd been hijacked for the sake of some commission.
BUT - the food is excellent, set menu, a tray of local starters along with warm village bread hits the table as soon as you sit down. Followed by a mix grill - kebabs and kofte. All the food was fresh and very tasty.
When you look around you see there are also plenty of locals in the restaurant
There is a large well trained staff who move large amounts of food out to large amounts of people quickly and efficiently.
It wasn't cheap but it wasn't over priced for what we had. All the meat was tasty and obviously of good quality likewise all the salads

4  Thank AW54AbuDhabi
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The Green Valley Restaurant is spacious, clean and good atmosphere. There are many staffs to take care of us. The first impression is the bread oven demonstration. I had lunch here with the menu set of big plate of hot bread, many kinds of hummus with yogurts, fresh vegetables, olives, salads with sour sauce. the main course is the mix grill of lamb, chicken and meat. Although i was not acquainted with Jordanian food, i felt good taste and liked them. The restrooms are clean. Good and fast service are provided here. I recommended this restaurant for all tourists when visiting Jerash.

4  Thank Sutasikar