Hadrian's Gate Hotel
  • Restaurant
Meneur Hotel(Amman)(Great Value!)
$33
$68
All reviewsthe ownerhis sonperfect locationroman ruinsacross the streetlebanese housedown the roadbreadtop floorvisiting jerashrooftop roomroom was spotlesstriple roomwatching the sun go downhuge balconya lovely family run hotellower price
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This modest hotel with an unprepossessing exterior more than makes up for what it lacks in the amenities you might find in a more upmarket establishment with a friendly and welcoming service which exceeded any we found elsewhere in Jordan. Walid served us sage tea whenever we wanted it, went with us to help us order a take away from the shop next door and was a mine of helpful information about the local area and Jordan in general.

Our room was clean and spacious with a bathroom for our personal use just across the corridor. And the location for visiting the Roman city couldn't be better.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nunc_est_consumendum
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The Hadrian gate Hotel is the best one in its category in Jordan. We had a rest at Walid's hotel at the end of our Jordan trip : everything was perfect : quiet place, large and clean rooms, good welcoming, . It is a way to go out from Amman. Instead of staying in Amman and visit Jerash, stay in Jerash and visit Amman !!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jean-Guillaume G
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My daughter and I stayed as guests of Walid and his father for three nights and we cannot speak more highly of both them and their small family hotel. All the positive comments written by previous travelers are true and this hotel made our introduction to Jordan a very positive experience.

If you are using Lonely Planet Guide, the information about the bathrooms is incorrect. Two rooms have an internal ensuite bathroom, another has an attached bathroom, and two others share a bathroom (or a family may choose the use the two bedrooms with bathroom.)

Thank you to our hosts.

Room Tip: We hade a triple room with ensuite facing to the rear. Nice ""rural" sounds and little road noise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank NapierAro
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 1 night while we visited the Roman ruins. The owner and his son were very welcoming, accommodating and very helpful. Our room was really nice, and just what we needed. The breakfast was good and overall I enjoyed staying here. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Nicole H
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Excellent small hotel in superb location directly overlooking Hadrian's Gate at Jerash.Warm and welcoming father and son hosts,originally from Yemen.Ismail and Walid Yemani can't do enough to make your stay a success,including the best advice on local side trips(eg how to get to Ajloun by public transport;negotiating kerbside the best taxi price for me to Karak).Free Arab coffee or tea any time of the day or night;out on the sunny terrace overlooking Hadrian's Gate-just perfect.Very economical and immaculately clean and quiet room.
How's this for hospitality and overwhelming kindness:when I fell ill with the flu,Ismail refused to accept any payment for my 'extra' night and even offered me an unlimited free stay until I recovered!I even enjoyed the crazy pre-election carnival next door.Don't miss staying here!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo