“Great Value”
Review of Farah Hotel

Farah Hotel
Ranked #41 of 150 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed here one night on my way out of Jordan and it was pretty much everything I expected. I asked for a single with bathroom and ended up with three beds to myself.Rooms were basic, but clean and warm (it was winter).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed December 3, 2012

we staid two times in Farah Hotel. The hotel is perfectly situated in Downtown and is proposing good rooms for the price. perfect for backpackers. only the breakfast could be better, missing some a regional one. but just in front of the hotel there is a perfect place for.

staff and manager are helping with anything you need: rental car, taxi driver for airport pick-up etc.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We searched hotels in downtown Amman. We saw at least 5 hotels and decided to stay there. Fair price and friendly staff. We stayed in a double room with shared bathroom. The room was clean and the bathroom also except for the second time we stayed there because it was their biggest holiday and I think not all the employees were working. They helped us with the sightseeings, with the tours and the taxis (big problem in Amman). The hotel have their own tours with fair price, to go north and south Jordan including Jerash, Petra and Dead Sea. if you go by yourself it is cheaper but, in Jordan, you are never sure it will work. They have a common area where you can socialize and get to know other people. They do not have kitchen. The hotel is near all the important sites of the city center like Citadel and the Roman Theatre. Wi-fi free. The only downside is that they smoke a lot inside the common areas but then everybody smokes in Jordan inside closed places.

Room Tip: Ask for the floor that is less busy and then the toilete will be yours.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2012

The thing I liked here was the board when there`re several options you can choose from and hire a driver (who is also a giude) who will follow the itinerary written. Probably, it`s a bit more expensive that you organize it by yourself somewhere else, but it`s quite convinient.

As example, it was the sheet of paper like on the picture I attached. I was interested in this tour and wrote my name, the day I`d like to go and room no. on the sheet below. Also smb Mike from US was interested in this tour also for the same date. Price is per car, for this tour it was 100 JD. So, if you`re 4, you pay 25 JD each. As we were two and in the low season, we bargained a littlie discount and paid 40 JD each (80 JD instead of 100 JD total).

So, if you need help on organizing some trips in Jordan, you can stay in this hotel and find out you can do.

P.S. Using computer is 1 JD per hour, I`m not sure about wi-fi. Breakfast is quite good, staff is friendly, cleanless is average

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I would rate it more like 7 out of 10. I stayed here for one night in the mixed dormitory and I can't complain much. Although the space of the dormitory is small, it is clean. And so are the halls and the common area - which is great for meeting other travelers. It is a well-maintained hostel. Only downside is at the time I was there, WiFi was down. Otherwise, it would have been great. I wish the staff were a bit more friendly too. Breakfast was pretty good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I like Farrah Hotel. I stayed there second time and everything was good. Staff is friendly and helpful, rooms are clean and cosy. You can find there everything what you need. The price includes breakfast - simply but tasty. There is free wi fi.
Of course the best thing is localisation - in Amman's downtown. Farrah is the best choice for budget travellers.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I have stayed one night at this hotel when I visited Amman in 2006. Room conditions and general overview of the hotel was rather poor. Though, rooms were spacious, but equipement and beds were very old.

The only good things of this hotel is location and prices.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family