“Simply filthy”

Ranked #54 of 145 Hotels in Amman
Amman, Jordan
“Simply filthy”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My experience with this hotel was so disappointing. The hotel is extremely dirty. The carpets are filthy, smell of cigarettes all through the hotel. Cannot by any means be classified as a four star hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Arabic first
Amman
Reviewed August 5, 2012

To be honest I didn't sleep in the hotel , but I had a dinner in the hotel out on the hotel terrace overlooking the swimming pool last week and I can say that it was one of the best buffet I have ever seen and tried in my life , the food was tasty and very rich, recommended to have lunch or dinner in this hotel, trust me.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Amman
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I came to Amman hoping to enjoy a nice quite time, do some site seeing and come back to a bed where I could rest peacefully and reflect upon my day. But the music was so loud I had to go see my ear doctor, it cost me 4 times what I paid at the hotel to get ear speakers and get the ringing to go! I found hair on the toilet and in the tub, and to top it off I found a smashed cockroach folded as a gift inside my towel!

Room Tip: don't choose a room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank AmmanKaitlin

Travelers are raving about these Amman hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2012

What a nightmare. These people throw outdoor wedding parties almost every night and don't care about any hotel guests.

This has ruined my trip to Amman, I will never return to hotel and sincerely hope other travellers pay attention to this.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank J F
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I only write bad reviews if I'm particularly annoyed. This place fits the bill. I have to stay here for school, otherwise I would have left! If you have the choice... DO NOT STAY HERE. I even have pictures.

Anyway, I walked into my room and the first thing I noticed was the smell.... what was it? I still don't know but I have ideas (see carpet picture). The head boards have head stains from somebody's head grease. Talk about nasty. There are unidentifiable stains all over the apartment. I took some pictures. I asked for the room to be clean when I went out and got some food. I think all they did was change the stained sheets. The head grease is still there. This really isn't that hard. I don't know how it has four stars.

Also, if you're coming to visit Amman, this hotel is located in a housing area is not near anything to see.

Room Tip: Don't come here.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for three nights on a business trip. Two out of the three, the hotel was hosting events and had music blasting till midnight! Couldn't even watch tv and I had to be up very early for work and was very bothered the entire trip.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Haya M
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2012

We stayed three nights at Century Park, arriving quite late and very tired. The hotel was comfortable and clean with all staff friendly and helpful. There was a good choice at breakfast and tea and coffee was plentiful, with your cup filled as many times as required. As a party, we ate in a side room next to the restaurant for dinner, but never felt like outcasts; the food was plentiful and tasty.
The hotel is within a compound of the Jordanian Tourist board.
If you go to the Duty Free Shop also within the compound, you will need your passport and can only shop there once a month!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends