BelleVue Hotel
$109
$139
$104
Agoda.com
Amman Pasha Hotel(Amman)(Great Value!)
$33
  • Restaurant
$145
$103
  • Pool
All reviewsrainbow streetbelle vueshawarmadry hoteldecent staydouble roomexcellent locationsitting arearooms are nicecentral locationdecent sizeduring ramadanspent nightsreception stafflocal foodeasy accessbed was comfortable
Reviewed September 27, 2008

Whilst I agree with most of the comments on this hotel with reference to the room sizes and cleanliness I do however have an issue with the service/food there.
The food which we were served was of a very poor quality, one evening meal almost completely ran out, the staff seem to bend over backwards for the locals and treat holiday makers with indifference. On two occasions during our 4 night stay we had to wait until 8:30 pm before we could eat on the last occasion although our evening meal was paid for within the price of our holiday we eat decided to out at the Intercontinental which is a 5 minute walk away,they served 6 of us with an excellent, hot,fresh and well presented meal all the staff were very friendly unlike the Bellevue.
We took our own "brewing kit" and we went to the little shop next to the hotel to buy some milk but they only sell some wierd milk with saltwater added, so we asked in the dining room staff if we could have half a glass of milk they said that we could if we paid them 2 JD (about £1.80)!
There are no facilities to buy an alcoholic drink at the hotel or any areas where one can socialise with other guests, to sum up, nice hotel but look elsewhere for somewhere to eat.

• Stayed: September 2008
1  Thank WinchesterSmiffy
Reviewed November 23, 2007

This hotel is a real find. I paid $ 50 for a room with breakfast. On arrival, there was a tour group so I got upgraded to a huge room on the 9th floor with a big, comfortable queen size bed, a generous size sitting area, a decent size bathroom and large floor to ceiling windows with magnificent views of Amman. It was so good to see the old
city of Amman twinkling at night while i slept with the curtains open.

The breakfast's selection included both Arabic and Western dishes.

I really couldn't find a single fault with the hotel. The staff also were vert courteous and helpful and befoore you leave, you have to try
their amazing pizzas at their Downtown restaurant.

A great stay

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank goldkold
Reviewed August 11, 2007

Our party of 5 stayed at the bellevue for 4 nights in 2 standard rooms. And I have to say that the hotel is below average at the most.
When we got there at 4 am, there was no extra bed that we had asked for (and they had confirmed). Waiting for a bed at 4am when all u want to do is drop isn't pleasant.
While the room was quite spacious and the view was very nice too, I found that the hotel really didn't pay attention to its guests.
There was no hair dryer in my room and when I asked, they promised to get one but never showed up.
We asked for a glass of hot water, for which they charged us a
ridiculous 1JD. They were even charging for a 2 pin to 3 pin adapter. You would expect all these to come as complimentary in a 4* category hotel.
We wanted a corkscrew to open a bottle of wine, they
didn't seem to understand and got us an open bottle (huh?) a few more tries later they got us a knife and said that that was what they used to open bottles. Very strange.
Breakfast was below average.
I am pretty sure they are better hotels in the same price range. I
won't stay here again

room - good
location - good
service - bad

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank nafz
Reviewed May 26, 2007

The Bellevue is ideally located for the sights of Amman. The hotel is maybe 3 star, its spotlessly clean, nicely furnished, the bed was comfortable and the breakfast buffet, while simple, had everything a traveller needs for a hard days sightseeing. Not a lot of English spoken by the staff but that's part of the experience and gave me a change to practice my basic Arabic on them.

A 20 walk downhill from the hotel takes you to the downtown market area which has all sorts of Aladdin's Cave type shops, knock off cds and dvds, food and atmosphere galore. Machine embroidered galabayas were 25JD.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank FlyingKiwi
Reviewed April 9, 2007

My wife and I spent five nights in Bellevue hotel in early April 2007. Our standard room was very spacious, with a large bathroom, a small sitting area, a huge bed and a large closet. Mini bar was typical, but we didn't use it anyway. TV had a large choice of channels, most of them in Arabic but a handful in English too. Sheets and towels were changed daily, and the room was spotless. The hotel is conveniently located in Amman's 2nd Circle, with easy access (20 mins walk) to downtown and very close to top restaurants and bars. Breakfast was nothing special, but everything was well prepared. The only downside is the high cost of hotel booked transportation from the airport: it's JD 25, which is high compared to the flat price of JD 15 for a taxi. On our last night we noticed that a group of about 10 persons were waiting in the lounge, due to an overbooking error, which according to the hotel manager was the travel agent's fault.
Overall, Bellevue hotel is highly recommended for its location, services and value for money. I would definetely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business